PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl 52 Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello All,

After Superbowl 52, I had a hard time coming to terms with this loss. I know the Pats had lost before in the Superbowl but why did this one bother me so much? After taking some time to reflect, I realized that the problem is due to all the Eagles fans throwing the loss in my face. I live about 45 minutes away from Philadelphia, so you can just imagine all the news and hype. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the Eagles but I cannot seem to tune it out. Can anyone give me advice on how to get over this? It will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Nikki

Hello All,

After Superbowl 52, I had a hard time coming to terms with this loss. I know the Pats had lost before in the Superbowl but why did this one bother me so much? After taking some time to reflect, I realized that the problem is due to all the Eagles fans throwing the loss in my face. I live about 45 minutes away from Philadelphia, so you can just imagine all the news and hype. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the Eagles but I cannot seem to tune it out. Can anyone give me advice on how to get over this? It will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Nikki
Do you possess Cat like quickness?

Well, I’m a Pats fan in NY, so I understand (although Philly fans are sort of vile).

It’s pretty easy...it’s all part of being a sports fan. They won that one. But honestly, do you really need help coming up with ammo as a Pats fan? The Pats, and all Boston teams, have won bushels of championships this century, and been in tons more finals and championship games. Along with winning huge games, because we’re always in them, we’ll lose a few too. Nice problem to have.

(You can also just tell them to suck it. That also works).

We have 5 sb wins in 17 seasons, only one other team has done that in history and they didn’t have to deal with salary cap for at least the first 4 (cant remember exactly when salary cap was instated). Expecting anymore is technically possible but not a very realistic expectation in this era. Unless the cap is abolished Nobody will come close to our run here on out.

Hello All,

Thank you.
Nikki
What’s your opinion on the Butler benching?

How about just taking a break from football? Walk away, enjoy life. It doesn’t help you to get over a loss when everywhere you turn you have negativity surrounding this franchise. Hell, look at the top threads right now. Go listen to a podcast. Same ol ****. Very little actual football talk. Gronk hates his coach. Brady hates his coach, loves his trainer. B.B. the GM is getting in the way of B.B. the coach....or the other way around. Depends on who you talk to. Washed up, ****ty ex-players spoutin’ some trash. Philly players talking trash. Celtics pissed it away...or fought valiantly and have a bright future ahead. Again, depends on who ya talk to.

Bottom line: This is NOT the place you wanna go to get advice on how to “get over it.” Most of this board is still trying to figure it out.

I got over this one remarkably fast- something I wouldn't believe possible just a few years ago. I think there's a ton of factors involved: Pats recent SB wins, being busy, the anti-police rhetoric essentially sanctioned by the NFL until recently, seeing a boyhood idol fall victim to snake-oil and his promotion of pseudo-science, as well as seeing how fans across New England treated Belichick following this year's SB. Don't get me wrong: I'll still watch every game I can, but New England Patriot football just isn't the end-all-be-all for me anymore.

We all have our ways of coping. Time sure helps. As does other stuff

raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing