PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LI .. PRACTICE news & misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you are intimating but I don't think effort or consistency is problem with Bennett.
Not intimating anything. Just stating the obvious. It's in his self interest to have a great game.

Quinn's press conference comments on Alex Mack: "I'm concerned, but not panicked."

As a Falcons fan, this is game changing news. His absence would reduce our win chance by 50%. As I stated in an earlier post, Quinn doesn't play games with injury news, he considers it an issue of player respect. You can be sure this is a major issue.

On page 14 of this thread you can see my breakdown of how this impacts both the offensive and defensive lines (the backup center is normally in our DT rotation).

40% or OUR team is the Defense, 20% is the STs and 40% is the Offense.

I like the Falcons - - good people and all, but balance? Nope.

One of my fondest memories of the early years of the Dynasty was during the Playoffs in 2005, when Pal Salantonio picked, in three successive games, the Colts, Steelers and Eagles to beat the Patriots.

And I believe he's NEVER picked against the Pats since

Eye-opening stat I heard this morning:
In the last 16 games Dan Quinn has coached, when the opponent has 25 rushing attempts, he is 0-16!!!

That includes 13 games with atlanta- I believe in ALL 5 of their losses this year. Can you say Blount Force Trauma and Dion Lewis?

Looks like 0-17 coming up.

In the last 16 games Dan Quinn has coached, when the opponent has 25 rushing attempts, he is 0-16!!!

That includes 13 games with atlanta- I believe in ALL 5 of their losses this year. Can you say Blount Force Trauma and Dion Lewis?

Looks to be more than 25. The Raiders had 25 and lost. I think one other team was the same. Basically, what that stat tell me is if they get a huge lead, they will beat you. If you can stay with them, kill the clock and keep it close you have a chance. This would be a great game for clock killen Corey Dillon!

Probably means we won't see Floyd in the game. Good and bad. Floyd brings something to the offense, but he isn't a required piece and he could make a costly mistake.
I agree. I want to see the guy out there just to see what he can add to the offense but this isn't the game to introduce an unknown commodity to the game plan. You just don't know how he'll react to pressure.

If you read the new Football outsiders column, they are really emphasizing the inability of the Falcons to stop the run. I wonder if the Pats will approach this game a lot like the Luck Indy games.

I thought we heard already a few times how in 07 they had the worst week of practice right before the SB.

Sure, but that came down the road, after the game was played. At the time, Brady was very sure of himself and the offense, and the general feeling was that they were ready. If that particular example doesn't suit you, the ones from other years are fine, too. All 6 games were within four points, so forgive me for taking the usual "ready" quotes (from posters) with a grain of salt.

Sure, but that came down the road, after the game was played. At the time, Brady was very sure of himself and the offense, and the general feeling was that they were ready. If that particular example doesn't suit you, the ones from other years are fine, too.

I dont have an issue with the example but am only stating that some of the beat reporters have pointed out that BB was in bad mood before the first Giants SB. It was a story before the Seattle game.

Yeah, I just can`t see Floyd being happy with a game plan in which he is primarily a blocker and extra protection for Brady. Never had to do that before, seems like a bad moment to start an experiment.

Besides, IIRC, we only had 3 WRs in 49, Tyms and Boyce were (reasonably) left out. And even White did not play, and he could line up as a receiver any time.
Why would Floyd being happy with the role he is given matter?

I dont have an issue with the example but am only stating that some of the beat reporters have pointed out that BB was in bad mood before the first Giants SB. It was a story before the Seattle game.
I understand, and maybe later down the road, we'll hear the exact same thing (or total opposite) about this week, too. The point is that many posters here have claimed the same thing during past SBs, which have all been nail biters. Forgive me for taking that idea with a grain of salt.

We'll see if they are ready come Sunday night. Hopefully they are and we don't have to sweat through another big game.

I understand, and maybe later down the road, we'll hear the exact same thing (or total opposite) about this week, too. The point is that many posters here have claimed the same thing during past SBs, which have all been nail biters. Forgive me for taking that idea with a grain of salt.

I agree with you that a lot of the stuff that happens during media week is posturing and irrelevant. I just feel like the better beat reporters have developed a good sense for BB. Maybe I am too naive to trust them about it.

I agree with you that a lot of the stuff that happens during media week is posturing and irrelevant. I just feel like the better beat reporters have developed a good sense for BB. Maybe I am too naive to trust them about it.
There's a decent chance that guys like Reiss have a good feel for the team, so I'd agree with you about that possibility. Unfortunately, we still have to wait 2 full days to find out. Hopefully, they are correct.

Mack will absolutely try to play. You don't play for Cleveland your entire career and not give it a go when you finally get to the Super Bowl. He's a tough guy.

Alan Branch is a wily vet having a terrific year, and will be lined up directly over Mack. I would be very surprised if he didn't step on his leg several times.

I thought Mack was much closer to playing. Good on Atlanta's staff for the misdirection.

Not that we should have anything set around just one guy, but if Mack plays and isn't 100% that could be exploited very well. Branch, Valentine, or Brown could just run him over, not to mention the different looks we could give knowing that there's a definite weak spot.

Sure, but that came down the road, after the game was played. At the time, Brady was very sure of himself and the offense, and the general feeling was that they were ready. If that particular example doesn't suit you, the ones from other years are fine, too. All 6 games were within four points, so forgive me for taking the usual "ready" quotes (from posters) with a grain of salt.
I don`t think that was the general feeling back then. We had a rough one against the Jaguars (who weren`t exactly considered a threat), tied at HT and pulled away in 3rd quarter. And AFFCG was sluggish as well, Brady threw 2 or 3 INTs and offense looked out of sync on most drives.

There's a decent chance that guys like Reiss have a good feel for the team, so I'd agree with you about that possibility. Unfortunately, we still have to wait 2 full days to find out. Hopefully, they are correct.
A team can feel it's ready and turn out to not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes