PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl Game Day Pregame/Game Thread (Eagles vs Chiefs)

Brady completely owns Mahomes when it matters. The book is closed. Brady > Mahomes
Well the book isn't closed, that's a stupid homer thing to say.

How can the book be closed when you don't know how Mahomes career will finish, it's unlikely he will ever get close to 7 but if he does most people will consider him the GOAT because of recency bias.

And the same can be said of Eli or Foles over Brady. Let me guess - those losses don't count!
Keep on topic. Brady > Mahomes just as that post said.

If you’d like to go off topic we can discuss BB’s record sans Brady…

How can the book be closed when you don't know how Mahomes career will finish, it's unlikely he will ever get close to 7 but if he does most people will consider him the GOAT because of recency bias.
Because Brady has beaten Mahomes every time when it mattered and since he’s retired that’s it. Closed.

Gonna be 7 months of this. Hell 11 months until they HOPEFULLY lose in the ****ing wild card round.

Hear me out, this was the best outcome:

- Philly sucks and I hate them for 2017 (yeah duh no one is really on that team anymore, idc)

- Goddell looks like an idiot again after saying officiating has never been better

- Officiating is again under media scrutiny, which is prolly annoying to them, hell yeah

- Mahomes will have to enjoy his SB win with a hefty dose of "two ******** lucky calls in the post season"

That's what I'm going with to enjoy the waning minutes of the evening.

I never said he was. He's got probably 12-15 years left to get a few more chips. But in five years, he's had 2 regular season MVP, 2 SB MVPs, and has never lost a playoff game outside of the SB or AFCCG. That's damn good.

Oh, and he broke the curse of an MVP not winning the SB in the same year.
I have no problem with Patrick. 0.

I just don't like to see games end like that. That's unfortunate.

Keep on topic. Brady > Mahomes just as that post said.

If you’d like to go off topic we can discuss BB’s record sans Brady…

The topic is this year's super bowl. Can' wait to hear Brady call Mahomes' games in the future and see him squirm lol.

Gonna be 7 months of this. Hell 11 months until they HOPEFULLY lose in the ****ing wild card round.

Are they a dynasty?
You need 3 for that no?

Hear me out, this was the best outcome:

- Philly sucks and I hate them for 2017 (yeah duh no one is really on that team anymore, idc)

- Goddell looks like an idiot again after saying officiating has never been better

- Officiating is again under media scrutiny, which is prolly annoying to them, hell yeah

- Mahomes will have to enjoy his SB win with a hefty dose of "two ******** lucky calls in the post season"

That's what I'm going with to enjoy the waning minutes of the evening.

No

Give Mahomes some respect, people. As fans of Brady and championship football for the better part of two decades we should respect greatness. Mahomes has two and was no small part in it.

I’d probably give the edge to Peyton Manning a little bit, still. But it’s nice to see another player other than Brady be great. It’s pure jealously and insecurity to feel otherwise.
Mahomes is 100% great and deserves a ton of credit. Extremely clutch tonight and tough to grit it out with aggravated ankle injury. His mobility was a difference maker tonight and a key reason for no sacks.

The topic is this year's super bowl. Can' wait to hear Brady call Mahomes' games in the future and see him squirm lol.
Nah I doubt it. He’ll have great things to say I’m sure.

Remember when the Patriots were great and everybody else was stupid and it was all lot of talk about genius coaching and a lot of BS about the cap and letting players go and not paying players and that's why we won, looks like it's just have the best QB in the league and go to the Championship game every year unless Andy Reid is suddenly become a genius when Patrick Mahomes started playing

Remember when everyone looked at him as an offensive guy who couldn't manage the clock and would blow games before now suddenly he's a genius and one of the best coaches ever turns out everyone a genius when they got one of the 10 best QBs of all time.

Patriots myths blowing up right in our faces by the season post Brady.

Nah I doubt it. He’ll have great things to say I’m sure.

Let's hope he'll be more intelligent than falling for a prank that a 5th grader wouldn't fall for...

I’d just like to understand how Brady is the beneficiary of genius coaching and offensive schemes, while Mahomes golden arm “is the system” but this is the opposite of what I actually see. Mahomes benefits more than any other QB on designed, wide open plays. Guys are simply uncovered. He makes very few throws into tight windows.

That's the thing.

Recency bias plays a huge part.

And the "Goat" will always be an open debate to some. For me it's Brady. But I can't factually tell someone it is Brady. Some may say Montana is the Goat because of 4-0 and no picks etc. Some may say Mahomes (In a few years) because of MVP awards and absurd stats.

I personally don't care where Mahomes ranks all time. All I care about is winning. But these debates will last forever.

It is what it is. I have accepted that and just focus on games now.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back