PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl discussion thread (Poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win?

• Queefs

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Niners

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 34 35.1%

• Total voters
Why if God's name didn't they run the ball here on 3rd and 4? Was the passing game working so well?

View attachment 56544

If they run the ball here either it forces KC to burn a timeout or it leaves them with about 1 minute and 15 seconds to score.
Probably because a 1st down wins the game or at least ensures Mahomes doesn't get a chance to tie. Of all questionable decisions, I think passing on 3rd and 4 is the elast

I hear you, but man ... he's had too many chances to seize that role and just hasn't done it ... and I hoped he'd be enough. I think he might be good enough to be their 2nd or 3rd guy, but I don't have much hope in him beyond that.
Holy crap I don't remember posting that... yeah I had too much... Must've been sarcasm or delirium... :rofl:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
No. He had as much to do with taking a team going nowhere fast to the brink of the playoffs as Brady did in '01 and he was benched. For a bum. That is not a 'shot'...It is Shot In The Back
You think Raymond Berry would bury him for whatever reason? The 1988 team was loaded with offensive talent - You know who they are - We had a bottom 5 offense that year, scoring only 250 points. That is literally 2 tds better than this year. What we had in 1988 was a top 5 defense, which was responsible for holding teams to 14 points or less points 7 times that season. Don't try and sell the BS narrative that flutie sparked the team. Its just not true.

Amazing accomplishments for a person who can't run, can't throw and is too short
Yeah, in Canada. where the QBs were throwing for 6000+ yards in the 1990s. A feat that has yet to be replicated in the NFL. Speaks to the level of competition, doesn't it? Yeah, it does.
Again, your opinion is supported by overwhelming reality about Flutie's career trajectory, and 'conventional wisdom'.

Neither of which is accurate barometer of his ability.
I have watched him. I have re-watched him. My opinion is based on what I have seen on the field. I have nearly the entire 1988 season saved to a favorites file titled "Patriot Videos" on my computer at right now.
You're behaving as though Brady always was nothing more than a 'system quarterback' and 'couldn't throw the long ball'
stop with the strawman attacks. You are trying to put words in my mouth, and that's not goign to happen.
Plunkett has company in Layne, Grogan, Namath and others with more career picks than TD's. Unitas & Fouts, to name two, only barely had positive ratios.
Plunkett was what he was, a midlin' competent qb in his day. He was never a stand out passer.

Easily the silliest group of posts I've seen you make.
Been reading your own posts again I see.
'Snake' racked up wins and stats (like Bledsoe) and Mr. 'Sea Of Hands' 'Holy Roller' was given a Super Bowl that was stolen from us.
Stabler, Plunkett... either or. 6 or one half dozen.
Us. The New England Patriots. This is our fan site.
Yeah. It is. Doesn't mean we have to buy into bs commentary about Doug Flutie.
Simply put, Aikman/Elway/Kelly/Young/Favre/Moon could not and did not do what Flutie did with what he had, and none of them was treated like garbage as Flutie was. Had they been, none of them would ever have been nearly as personally successful.

I feel terribly for everyone who sat through what I think was the 7th longest game in NFL history only to have such a sickening ending.

Totally get being in a bad mood.
Simply put Aikman/Elway/Kelly/Young/Favre/Moon not only did what Flutie did, they did it better on a bigger stage.

Probably because a 1st down wins the game or at least ensures Mahomes doesn't get a chance to tie. Of all questionable decisions, I think passing on 3rd and 4 is the elast

Should have ran it on 2nd down at least. You got CMC with KJ blocking. Run it at Williams side and let your best players decide the game. I can live with losing if you give your best players a shot to win the game.

Losing that perfect season suddenly hurts again. That would have been the trump card of all trump cards.

Losing that perfect season suddenly hurts again. That would have been the trump card of all trump cards.
What if Mahomes pulls off the undefeated and threepeat in the same season?

The Chiefs had the 2nd best pass defense in the league. What in the game to that point would lead you to believe passing was a better option to get a first down? They were 3 for 12 on third down in the game.

The Chiefs had the 2nd best pass defense in the league. What in the game to that point would lead you to believe passing was a better option to get a first down? They were 3 for 12 on third down in the game.
For 4 yards to win the game I'd rather pass than throw

For 4 yards to win the game I'd rather pass than throw
Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

I don't see this ending any time soon. NFL product is not as good anymore. Guys like spags feast on these hybrid/young quarterbacks. There's no truly great quarterbacks to contest their runs.
That might start to change with Harbaugh now coaching Herbert. Its probably asking a lot for a 6-11 team to jump to a division champion in one year, but it's not that big of a leap to say it could happen.

Still can’t figure out why you take the call in OT with the new rules.

It’s always better to KNOW what you need to do than to try to game out whether to go for it on 4th, kick a FG, etc.

Kick the ball to start!

Only advantage is if the first round is a draw, I guess.
I think the defense needed the rest. Shanahan didnt give that reason, but he might have thought it. But it's a good reason all the same, IMO.

Nobody is going undefeated anymore
07 team had a few close scares and some luck down the stretch.
I obviously agree. Even tougher now with another additional game and I of all people don't underestimate how difficult 07 was.

That said there wasn't supposed to be another Brady either and yet here we are with the next closest thing. And I'm just having a little fun coming up with the few ways he can pass Brady quicker.

On a seperate Topic, it doesn't looks like the Mahomes era will produce other first ballot hall of famers at Qb other than Mahomes himself.

They must be really disciplined…….but it sure did look like a lot of it going on. The advantage of just being a able to do it at will with no consequences definitely tips the scales in the trenches.

I obviously agree. Even tougher now with another additional game and I of all people don't underestimate how difficult 07 was.

That said there wasn't supposed to be another Brady either and yet here we are with the next closest thing. And I'm just having a little fun coming up with the few ways he can pass Brady quicker.
If he three peats and gets to 6 I think there's a real conversation even with the 7 and H2H because nobody has three peated before

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back