PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 57 PreGame Discussion: Chiefs vs. Eagles (Andy Reid bowl)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Eagles

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 21 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Rodgers won a Super Bowl at age 27, only his third year as a starter remember, then went 15-1 the very next year and it was declared inevitable he’d win 3-4 super bowls easy? Yeah I remember.
Mahomes has been to 3 Superbowls already though. Rodgers hasn't even gone back

Sure but Mahomes is being considered the GOAT in waiting right now. The dude is talented and clutch, no doubt. His #1 weapon is 33 yo and although Kelce had a great year I'm not sure how much longer he can keep it going. Mahomes also seems to be more injury prone than Brady. Maintaining a consistent level of play for decades is never guaranteed. In fact, its rare.
Mahomes has missed 2 games in his career from injury when he dislocated his kneecap on a sneak. Maybe one more, but I don't remember what it was. He's not exactly injury prone.

I'm not sure what you guys want. Not everything is an insult to Brady and the Patriots legacy. Announcers have a job to do, pump up the teams and the players in the league. They are not going to say, "Tonight's matchup features two slightly above average quarterbacks and we hope you watch" Everyone know what you guys did and what an amazing accomplishment it is. And if they don't, why do you care? I used to love coming here to get some insightful football knowledge. You could get it here first and we had a bit of a rivalry going and it was fun to hear the thoughts of the enemy. Now it's just a bunch of people cowering in a corner hoping that the Lions win so nobody thinks less of the Patriots.

I dislike both
But i dislike less Iggles...

During the season I didn't think Philly was that great but at the end I changed my mind.

KC is hurt. Philly is strong on both sides of the ball. So Philly should win.

But I will be cheering for KC because I hate Philly fans for all sports they are animals. Plus I am AFC fan for year's and years so there I am.

Let's Go Mahones, KC offense and defense you can do this.

Even one more and the national media will be falling all over themselves trying to anoint Mahomes the inevitable GOAT (if not arguing he's already that). He's undeniably elite but really he's got a very long way to catch Brady. People need to remember that Brady beat Mahomes on route to winning his 6th and 7th rings. That's two Brady took away from Mahomes, which will be huge in the final analysis.

As great as he is, keep in mind that sometime in the next 10-15 years, a guy will come along who is statistically/raw skills/ eye test better than Mahomes. This is simply inevitable and is why a current player is always going to be the greatest at the position because sports are progressive. At the time, no one thought it would be possible to ever exceed Steve Young, but then there was Rodgers and now Mahomes. The "perfect" quarterback is no longer perfect in 15 years because the next guy has pushed the physical boundaries out a little further. So, championships are everything because they're static.

Haha, sports hate is what keeps me watching. I hate Mahomes and KC more so I'll be a philly fan for the day. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
This guy gets it

And has thrown 2TDs and 4 INTs. If he has another dud then what?
Then we can discuss if that happens, but he may also shred the Eagles too.

Then we can discuss if that happens, but he may also shred the Eagles too.

Maybe. That’s the beauty of the Super Bowl. It’s a giant pivot that defines legacies one way or the other.

Maybe. That’s the beauty of the Super Bowl. It’s a giant pivot that defines legacies one way or the other.
For the record I do have KC winning the game 2 weeks out, but the Eagles have the significant advantage on both trenches

As great as he is, keep in mind that sometime in the next 10-15 years, a guy will come along who is statistically/raw skills/ eye test better than Mahomes. This is simply inevitable and is why a current player is always going to be the greatest at the position because sports are progressive. At the time, no one thought it would be possible to ever exceed Steve Young, but then there was Rodgers and now Mahomes. The "perfect" quarterback is no longer perfect in 15 years because the next guy has pushed the physical boundaries out a little further. So, championships are everything because they're static.
I look at Josh Allen as having the potential to be the "perfect" quarterback with his capacity to be a dominant runner and a prolific passer. His turnovers are standing in his way so he needs to clean that up but in the process he'll probably lose out on a few downfield throws.

Then there's Lamar but of course he hasn't been able to stay healthy and he needs to become a more consistently accurate passer. He also needs better receivers for once in his career. I hope he leaves Baltimore as well.

Watching kc makes me appreciate what our haters had to go through with us lol i am dreading the idea watching them win another sb, and that would just be TWO that ive had to see. Imagine being a steeler fan having to watch us win 6 of these one by one over 18 years and tying them for the league lead. That had to be gut wrenching!

That's your problem. When it comes to the bad stuff about Brady, you just cover your ears and pretend it didn't happen. The Mannings WERE Bradys kryptonite. Brady is not this upstoppable force like you think (or rather wish for).
I didn't see either Manning playing defense so the correct statement would be the Manning's were Bill's kryptonite.

I didn't see either Manning playing defense so the correct statement would be the Manning's were Bill's kryptonite.

Then it's futile to talk about Mahomes and Brady head-to-head.

Then it's futile to talk about Mahomes and Brady head-to-head.
It makes more sense to talk about defenses that frustrated Brady than a QB. Tom certainly had defenses that were his kryptonite such as the 2005-2006 Broncos, Baltimore Ravens, 2007 and 2011 Giants defenses that had Strahan, Osi, Tuck and JPP, and Rex Ryan Jets to name a few.

Saying an opposing QB is their kryptonite just doesn't make any sense.

Mahomes has missed 2 games in his career from injury when he dislocated his kneecap on a sneak. Maybe one more, but I don't remember what it was. He's not exactly injury prone.

I'm not sure what you guys want. Not everything is an insult to Brady and the Patriots legacy. Announcers have a job to do, pump up the teams and the players in the league. They are not going to say, "Tonight's matchup features two slightly above average quarterbacks and we hope you watch" Everyone know what you guys did and what an amazing accomplishment it is. And if they don't, why do you care? I used to love coming here to get some insightful football knowledge. You could get it here first and we had a bit of a rivalry going and it was fun to hear the thoughts of the enemy. Now it's just a bunch of people cowering in a corner hoping that the Lions win so nobody thinks less of the Patriots.
Damn bro, I didn't realize you were a Chiefs fan. I get it now. It's all good. I do agree w/ our fan base changing, and not for the better.

Damn bro, I didn't realize you were a Chiefs fan. I get it now. It's all good. I do agree w/ our fan base changing, and not for the better.

I’m powered by spite.

If wifebeater Tyreek was still on the Chiefs, I'd say KC winning is a done deal. Philly cant let Kelce be open like Cinci did.

The KC defense should have a tough time getting to Hurts and if they do he will burn them rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST