PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 57 PreGame Discussion: Chiefs vs. Eagles (Andy Reid bowl)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Eagles

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 21 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup you'd think he had some humility after eating crow in 2020 but I guess not. He's gonna be unlistenable.
Fans are calling that idiot out. Brady catching a lot of respect in the comments. Brady has convincingly surpassed Montana and cemented his Mount Olympus status in football fans minds,even the haters. No flash in the pan regular season Manning/stat machine QB like Mahomes or Allen is going to knock Brady off his throne.Brady is a total champion; CLUTCH, has the killer/chip on shoulder instinct, nurtures his body and health for lengevity, studies hard and improves his mental game, inspires his team making them adopt his winning attitude, disciplined.

Fans are calling that idiot out. Brady catching a lot of respect in the comments. Brady has convincingly surpassed Montana and cemented his Mount Olympus status in football fans minds,even the haters. No flash in the pan regular season Manning/stat machine QB like Mahomes or Allen is going to knock Brady off his throne.Brady is a total champion; CLUTCH, has the killer/chip on shoulder instinct, nurtures his body and health for lengevity, studies hard and improves his mental game, inspires his team making them adopt his winning attitude, disciplined.
Mac 10 the poster hates that message he would probably say BB is reason why Brady is still playing forgetting that he's been off the Team for Three years already.

Not a surprise he was faking the extent of his injury. Throughout the game he made it obvious how much he was battling the so called ankle sprain. Yet, had no problem racing down the sideline at the end, when his ankle should've been swollen like a watermelon. Big Ben is a chump compared to this dude's dramatic flair.
The injury looked legit when it happened. I agree, it can't be that severe, but he did look somewhat limited yesterday. That race down the sideline was a whopping 5 yards to the CIN 42. A FG from there would have been 60 yards, which Butker's not making in those conditions. The deciding factor was the incredibly boneheaded penalty on Ossai. Moved the FG to a 45-yard attempt. Game over.

so stupid

I think people forget the AFC was a ****ing gauntlet almost the whole time Brady was on the Pats
At times I do wonder if people like Wright genuinely believe the crap they spew.

As it stands, Mahomes is currently making his case to be in discussion with guys like Peyton, and that's commendable. The kid's a generational talent and had a really solid argument to be counted in the top 10 of all time. Crowning him after 2 SBs? It's asinine. Hell, I think he needs at least 4 to even enter into the discussion.

At times I do wonder if people like Wright genuinely believe the crap they spew.

As it stands, Mahomes is currently making his case to be in discussion with guys like Peyton, and that's commendable. The kid's a generational talent and had a really solid argument to be counted in the top 10 of all time. Crowning him after 2 SBs? It's asinine. Hell, I think he needs at least 4 to even enter into the discussion.
I will say Mahomes is as clutch as they get though. Other than the AFCCG last year and the Superbowl vs Bucs he's been money

I will say Mahomes is as clutch as they get though. Other than the AFCCG last year and the Superbowl vs Bucs he's been money
Oh I certainly won't take that away from him, and I've nothing against him personally (his brother and wife though, that's a different story), I just kinda am aggravated by the takes being generated around him by people that seem completely uninterested in actually having any sort of substantive discussions about what it actually takes to be considered a legit GOAT candidate.

Other than that monumental gag against Cincinnati last year? That was an all-time dud. He got destroyed against the Bucs and he wasn't that great in the SB he won. He tried to give the game away yesterday with that ridiculous fumble but the refs decided to take matters into their own hands and the Bengals did just enough wrong to blow it.

Mahomes is a super talented quarterback, and a fierce competitor, but to this point he's nowhere near Brady's clutchness.

I didn't think it necessarily affected his passing, but he's usually gonna bust your balls with a few first down runs. He didn't really take off until the last play of the game when he had to.

Brady won 3 SBs by the time he was 27. Mahomes is 27. He better win this one or his greatness will be in question.

He was mostly trying to throw from the pocket and for the most part he had good protection from his o-line. Mobility and scrambling is a huge part of his game but it wasn't yesterday. He made a nice play on the final play, his 5-yard run, but it wasn't this epic moment that it's being made out to be. The Ossai penalty was the bigger part of that play by far. Mahomes completely embellished his fall but the push occurred well out of bounds and was entirely needless. It's a penalty that will live forever in NFL infamy.

Brady won 3 SBs by the time he was 27. Mahomes is 27. He better win this one or his greatness will be in question.
Brady also won 3 SBs by the time he was 37. I'm not sure the age thing matters as long as you win them.

Even one more and the national media will be falling all over themselves trying to anoint Mahomes the inevitable GOAT (if not arguing he's already that). He's undeniably elite but really he's got a very long way to catch Brady. People need to remember that Brady beat Mahomes on route to winning his 6th and 7th rings. That's two Brady took away from Mahomes, which will be huge in the final analysis.

He's still young and and not yet in his NFL prime I am sure he will have more opportunities.

Brady's team won. Again and again and again. No real fan of a football team really cares about "stats" unless they directly relate to the team winning and losing.

Brady also won 3 SBs by the time he was 37. I'm not sure the age thing matters as long as you win them.
Sure but Mahomes is being considered the GOAT in waiting right now. The dude is talented and clutch, no doubt. His #1 weapon is 33 yo and although Kelce had a great year I'm not sure how much longer he can keep it going. Mahomes also seems to be more injury prone than Brady. Maintaining a consistent level of play for decades is never guaranteed. In fact, its rare.

Remember when Rodgers won a Super Bowl at age 27, only his third year as a starter remember, then went 15-1 the very next year and it was declared inevitable he’d win 3-4 super bowls easy? Yeah I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes