PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Night Football: Colts @ Chargers game discussion (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't figure out how the Colts manage to get every possible break.
And holy sh*t, what was Norv Turner thinking with that time out!!!!!

Andrea Kramer is as giddy as I've ever seen her.

Colts are winning the Super Bowl boyz. They are the luckiest team in sports history. What break haven't they gotten. They should be 1-9!

Colts are winning the Super Bowl boyz. They are the luckiest team in sports history. What break haven't they gotten. They should be 1-9!

they won 2 games b/c of opponent's incompetence

they won the rest b/c of the refs....

thats not the defenition of lucky, its the definition of paid off

Andrea Kramer is as giddy as I've ever seen her.

Personally I thought she was more excited to interview Moss and Brady after the Buffalo game last year.

Abomination of a game. That officiating crew is an embarassment at any level of football. Oh, Norv Turner is history. The Chargers will be all over Josh McDaniels at season's end, along with a bunch of other teams.

So it looks like NE at PIT

and IND at DEN for the wild card matchups.

Again Indy getting lucky with their likely easy wild card matchup. I can't believe the luck this team is getting. It is sickening. As usual we have to play the Super Bowl in the first round.

Really why? Only blowouts count? So I guess the Baltimore win is the only game we played you consider a real win?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
they get it off of a pick w/ a ref....how ironic

Apparently, this commentary is from a Pats fan (perhaps on this MB somewhere):

I didn't see any of that game but pick plays are an integrel part of any passing attack when dealing with man coverage. The only way the picks (RUBS) will ever be flagged is is the player setting the pick blatently runs into the man defender. Even those are rarely called.

Every team in the league executes rubs against man coverage, including the Chargers (and the Pats). The Jags hit a couple of key red zone throws in the play-off game at Gillette last year by picking Junior Seau. The Pats hit a huge third down conversion against the Chargers in the play-offs last year when Gaffney picked Weddle which allowed Faulk to get open for the conversion. Two years ago, the Pats executed one of the best picks I've seen against the Jets. Two receivers Watson & (I think it was Thomas) crossed underneath from opposite directions at exaxtly the same depth. At the last second, Thomas rubbed off of Watson to gain about a yard of depth. This forced the man defender on Watson to run into Thomas and the defender on him freeing up Watson who spit out the other end for a big gain. It was a thing of beauty.

The key is to 1. Just get in the defender's way and force him to run around the picker (and the defender over him) or 2. Don't deliver a blow to the defender, just "RUB" under him (make glancing contact as you fight through your route) as if you were running a real route. You'll get away with it every time.

The Steelers make rubbing a huge part of their offensive package. The bunch sets they use so often were designed to set up rubs to get receivers open against man defenders. That's one of the Bunch formations biggest strengths.

Using the Umpire as a picker on crossing routes is nothing new. Brady has hit receivers who have used the umps as a shield for years. Corey Dillon used to set up safeties by using the ump as an extra blocker when the opportunity was there. All part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes