PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sun is breaking through for our overcast offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Gronk was asked which player Tom misses the most he didn't hesitate: David Andrews.

Karras stepped up nicely and looks to be further improving but the whole O-line gel and the Tom-McD rhythm of O ran through Andrews. The most underrated loss of the season (w Develin a huge blow as well of course).

With Wynn back and Cannon healthy the O-line can certainly be competitive and gel better. Roberts looks quite useful at FB. So certainly some cause for optimism - still this O will have to grind it out and the games will rely on D and ST.

I thought Brady looked better. A ton of drops and stupid penalties didn’t do him any favors but he looked to get in rhythm a few times tonight. The whole offense is Edelman right now and they desperately need Sanu and Dorsett back to get Brady another option.

I actually agree and excited to see this offense at full strength once Sanu and Dorsett get back. We've had some tough weather conditions too last couple weeks which contributed to the struggles. There definitely are issues but also reason to still be optimistic for a turnaround

I thought Brady looked better. A ton of drops and stupid penalties didn’t do him any favors but he looked to get in rhythm a few times tonight. The whole offense is Edelman right now and they desperately need Sanu and Dorsett back to get Brady another option.
Wind was the 12th man on the D

Mason is hurt, Greg Bedard has been saying it for weeks. He’s not going to get better.

I see the same..he just isn't pushing people around as usual.

The receivers hear some blame today. I understand that the conditions were bad but they are professionals. If the ball hits you in the hands, catch it. Edelman has been great but has dropped a lot of passes, Harry dropped a pass on the sidelines that would have gone for 20 yards and Meyers dropped one that would have gone for 30. Catch those balls and it is likely that more points are on the board.

Hopefully better conditions and better receiving options will get this offense rolling. Protection wasn’t outstanding but there were several plays where Brady got all day or dare I say looked comfortable in the pocket.

It’s encouraging that we ran the ball well even situationally. We beat a decent team without our 2nd and 3rd options at WR, our RT being sick, our LT’s first game back and playing in only the 3rd game of his entire career, and James White falling off the face of the earth. It’s not a bad day.

I was happy to see Harry make the kind of end zone catch you want a big man to make. They just haven’t been the same in the red zone since Gronk left.

If the sun is breaking through for the offense as well as it did for those of us in attendance on Sunday, then we're in a whole heap o' trouble.

I saw Brady with a ton of time out there today.

When Sanu and Dorsett get back, this offense is going to start to roll.

Wynn makes such a big difference.

This was ugly, but I'm actually optimistic about the protection Brady got today.

Me Freaking too.

NE converted 3 out of 14 3rd downs.

33% in the Redzone.

This was the battle of the inept.

Dallas converted 2 out of 13 3rd downs.

Mr. Neggy chimes in.

I am extremely encouraged by what I saw from our offense on Sunday. The o line is finally playing like an nfl caliber o line. And that is with the following:
Cannon was sick as a dog.
Wynn was rusty, At first.
Mason is the definition of walking wounded.
thuney is playing hurt as well.
Karras is not perfect with the protection calls, but not bungling the protection calls as much as earlier in the year.

once Brady gets confidence in the o line, and the running game and the receivers get healthy, Then the happy feet go away and we can get back to scoring points!

I think the return of Dorsett and sanu over the next two weeks will help tremendously as well,

resigning brown would be a monster positive for this team,

Finally, lacrosse is still less than jag!

Playing in a dome well help Sunday.

I’ve had enough of the damn wind and rain.

Karras is not perfect with the protection calls, but not bungling the protection calls as much as earlier in the year.

Can you point to any of those instances ? I am not trying to say you are wrong but I keep reading vague criticism about Karras but apart from his lack of athleticism to reach the second level on runs I have not seen too many blatant issues with him.

Would be curious to see where he ****ed up protection.

I will believe it when i see it. The defense was the star of the game today. I don’t know how much this offense gets better with the return of sanu and dorsett. Some guys seem to have problems getting separation but we shall see.

It's not that the problems with separation will disappear. It's that Brady should be able to wait longer for someone to do so.

And it's not the the WRs were good, because they weren't. It's that Harry at least showed potential in the red zone, Sanu should be a bit more comfortable with the playbook and reads, and Dorsett should at least force one safety to stay honest.

And it's not that the TEs were good, because Christ...

And it's not the the running game was great, because it wasn't. It's because the running game was much better than it had been, because Roberts looked a bit more comfortable as a FB, and because Michel seemed to react better with the improvements on that left side.

They've got 6-7 weeks to get that offense up to snuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back