PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still No # 1WR

I asked the question. You continue to avoid answering it.

Who has said that it's literally impossible to win a Super Bowl without an elite QB? And, to clarify, who has said it, and meant it, rather than just used the word "impossible" or a synonym, as a form of hyperbole?
Posters say it or imply it repeatedly, including yourself when you suggest Drew Brees is 6 times, “light years” worse than Tom and that’s why there’s a disparity in championships. It’s laughable...

Nick Foles and Joe Flacco are substantially better than Dan Marino, and that time Tom lost to Foles he didn’t try hard enough lol

Posters say it or imply it repeatedly, including yourself when you suggest Drew Brees is 6 times, “light years” worse than Tom and that’s why there’s a disparity in championships. It’s laughable...

Nick Foles and Joe Flacco are substantially better than Dan Marino, and that time Tom lost to Foles he didn’t try hard enough lol
Ok, so you've got nobody who's said it, and you're falsely claiming that I've implied it. So, basically, you're just lying. Now that we have that baseline, people can view your posts with better understanding.

Ok, so you've got nobody who's said it, and you're falsely claiming that I've implied it. So, basically, you're just lying. Now that we have that baseline, people can view your posts with better understanding.
No, it means I don’t do homework, dance to your fife or feel the need to answer your loaded questions.

What did you mean when you said there were light years difference between Tom and Brees? Was it fashion sense?

Stop saying garbage then walking it back when it’s thrown in your face...

No, it means I don’t do homework, dance to your fife or feel the need to answer your loaded questions.

What did you mean when you said there were light years difference between Tom and Brees? Was it fashion sense?

Stop saying garbage then walking it back when it’s thrown in your face...
No, it means you lied. And I haven't walked anything back, or come even close to doing so. So you're lying again.

And what I meant when I said that there are lightyears between Brees and Brady is that there are lightyears between Brees and Brady. Brady is, and has been, the much better QB.

No, it means you lied. And I haven't walked anything back, or come even close to doing so. So you're lying again.
What did you mean with your “light years” comment, afraid to answer a simple question?

You guys talk yourselves into a pretzel then come back with “I never said that exact phrase” as a counterpoint.

Guess who else never said the phrase “elite QB” in this thread as far as I can remember... me.

I “lied” that’s rich... you think the difference between Brees one championship and Tom’s seven is some unquantifiable trait Tom possesses that Drew didn’t... laughable.

It wasn’t that Tom played on the best team more often than Brees. #fandumb

You guys talk yourselves into a pretzel then come back with “I never said that exact phrase” as a counterpoint.

Guess who else never said the phrase “elite QB” in this thread as far as I can remember... me.

I “lied” that’s rich... you think the difference between Brees one championship and Tom’s seven is some unquantifiable trait Tom possesses that Drew didn’t... laughable.

It wasn’t that Tom played on the best team more often than Brees. #fandumb
You just love to spout nonsense. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. For example, here's me from just a little while back, on winning SBs:

I would put it this way:

You can win one Super Bowl without high end/elite QB talent, especially if you've got an elite defense. But, if you want the chance to win multiple SBs, you pay what's needed to get your QB. That's been true almost without exception. And, given the amount of money the Patriots have to play with this year and next, and the poor recent draft history, this is a perfect time to package picks (even a lot of picks) for a move up, if that's what's desired. You can fill in the gaps with free agents.

If Cam is returning, we need a better QB room around him.

You come to this site, post the most ridiculously honkish crap, and then lie about what others are saying. There's no need for that.

The guy who was talking about "magical superpower"*, and posting pics of teen beat magazine, is using "I didn't specifically use the word "elite"" as his defense?

rofl.gif

*Still No # 1WR

I answered it.
Yeah you went back and amended your last post after I held your feet to the fire... now you’re accusing me of being a liar... dishonest much.

So you think Tom is that much better than Brees, that’s why he has more championships but fewer yards, lesser passing rating... but you don’t believe Tom possesses some unquantifiable magic Drew doesn’t that also doesn’t show up in the stats. Got it.

You’re dancing like your feet are on fire...

Yeah you went back and amended your last post after I held your feet to the fire... now you’re accusing me of being a liar... dishonest much.

So you think Tom is that much better than Brees, that’s why he has more championships but fewer yards, lesser passing rating... but you don’t believe Tom possesses some unquantifiable magic Drew doesn’t that also doesn’t show up in the stats. Got it.

You’re dancing like your feet are on fire...
Dude, my edit was immediate. It posted before you even replied. And I did that on an irrelevant topic, because I knew you'd try using it as a means of moving the goalposts and trying to flip the conversation away from your false claims, which is precisely what you've done. Brady being better than Brees is not Brady being a top QB and Brees not being a top QB. It's an evaluation of two top QBs.

Try harder. Do better.

Dude, my edit was immediate. It posted before you even replied. And I did that on an irrelevant topic, because I knew you'd try using it as a means of moving the goalposts and trying to flip the conversation away from your false claims, which is precisely what you've done. Brady being better than Brees is not Brady being a top QB and Brees not being a top QB. It's an evaluation of two top QBs.
Try harder. Do better.
Your edit was five minutes after I replied therefore it didn’t show up in my reply, in fact you ignored the question until I asked it again.

Brady being that much better than Brees and every other great QB in history is laughable fanboy reasoning at best. I don’t have to try harder or do better, you need to be more realistic... but irrational cheerleaders never are.

Your edit was five minutes after I replied therefore it didn’t show up in my reply, in fact you ignored the question until I asked it again.

Brady being that much better than Brees and every other great QB in history is laughable fanboy reasoning at best. I don’t have to try harder or do better, you need to be more realistic... but irrational cheerleaders never are.
My edit was immediate, which is why it doesn't have an "edited: " tag, and you're still trying to flip the conversation by arguing an irrelevancy. Whether you are honest enough to acknowledge that Brady is a far superior QB or not, which was something that was not even posted to you (it was a post in response to Dreivher), has nothing to do with a top QB versus a mediocre QB.

Do better.

And you should never, ever, call anyone else irrational. You calling other posters irrational is the height of hypocrisy and/or delusion.

Brees played the majority of his career in a dome. Brees finished within a game of .500 or below 9 times in 19 seasons (not counting his rookie year when he didn't play. Brees has thrown over 50 more interceptions in 13 less games. In almost the same amount of pass attempts Brady has 10 more touchdowns. Brady has 7 rings. Brees has 1. Brees was a first team All Pro once, Brady was 3 times. Brady is a 3 time MVP winner, Brees has never won it.

Brady is better in every measurable way. I am not sure how this is even an argument. Brees was a great player but no where near the GOAT.

Brees played the majority of his career in a dome. Brees finished within a game of .500 or below 9 times in 19 seasons (not counting his rookie year when he didn't play. Brees has thrown over 50 more interceptions in 13 less games. In almost the same amount of pass attempts Brady has 10 more touchdowns. Brady has 7 rings. Brees has 1. Brees was a first team All Pro once, Brady was 3 times. Brady is a 3 time MVP winner, Brees has never won it.

Brady is better in every measurable way. I am not sure how this is even an argument. Brees was a great player but no where near the GOAT.

Brady's never won fewer than 9 games in a season. Brees had 5 sub .500 seasons just with the Saints.
Brady's still never entered an NFL week where his team was out of contention.

Brady's never won fewer than 9 games in a season. Brees had 5 sub .500 seasons just with the Saints.
Brady rarely played with a bad defense, OLine or surrounding talent his entire career.

Brees defense in 2016 when he led the NFL in passing was dead last, 32nd in PPD... but it was his fault they went 9-7, he had to do more like Tom would have and the defense would have been better.

I look at Brees as a good QB but a stat complier. Emmitt Smith may be the all time leading rusher but I can't imagine many people outside of Dallas think he is a better running back than Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, or Gale Sayers. With that being said Brady will likely be the all time passing yards leader sometime in October anyways so even that goes out the window for Brees.

Brady rarely played with a bad defense, OLine or surrounding talent his entire career.

Brees defense in 2016 when he led the NFL in passing was dead last, 32nd in PPD... but it was his fault they went 9-7, he had to do more like Tom would have and the defense would have been better.
Funny if this were a few years ago I could swear this post would have come from a Jets or Colts fan.

EDIT: Also this doesn't seem to me like he was coming in year after year with the 85 Bears backing him up defensively.

Brady dragged that 2011 defense to within minutes of a Super Bowl win, it's irrelevant to your discussion, and you still lied about me and others in this thread.

Funny if this were a few years ago I could swear this post would have come from a Jets or Colts fan.

EDIT: Also this doesn't seem to me like he was coming in year after year with the 85 Bears backing him up defensively.

From 2005-2013 they paid Tom among the highest paid QB’s in the league, talent was thinner then. Especially when they gave Ty Warren a cornerstone type contract to replace Seymour then he suffered a career ending injury almost immediately. We had to watch UDFA Kyle Love start for years.

But even during those lean years the defense was competitive in points per drive allowed. I’m sure we can search out some analytics and media members have that tell us they were bad, but unfortunately for them the NFL still tallies wins and losses with points.

Scar provided great OLines, the defense and special teams were always top half of the league if not top ten. The years they won rings the defense was often top five. But I’m sure that had nothing to do with Tom’s success or other QB’s inability to win rings... they just didn’t have the “it” factor... whatever that is.

Last edited:
Brady dragged that 2011 defense to within minutes of a Super Bowl win, it's irrelevant to your discussion, and you still lied about me and others in this thread.
In 2016 the defense and Dion Lewis scoring a TD three different ways in the playoffs carried Tom against the Texans so they could win that ring... team is funny that way.

"Lied..." hilarious.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes