PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham already back at it

A 20 year Dynasty's coffin closure hinged on one draft pick. Now I understand the Harry hate. Stupid me.
I don't hate the guy but I sure can't call him a successful 1st round pick. Unfortunately, he was injured and then came in to play with a QB who couldn't see the barn, let alone hit the broad side of it. But it doesn't look good and things won't get any better for the Pats or Stidham if we're stuck with Cant for another season.

Stidham has had nowhere near the chances that Harry has had "to show what it takes to win in the NFL." How can you equate the numerous starts of Harry and the amount of time he has been on the field with the couple of instances when Stidham has been a late game insertion with the Patriots trailing badly?
I agree he hasn't had the same chances, but in the chances he's had he hasn't looked good. Slow to read the defense and multiple INTs. Then there's the fact that BB didn't put him in when Cam was playing so poorly at the end of last season. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I don't think I am.

I agree he hasn't had the same chances, but in the chances he's had he hasn't looked good. Slow to read the defense and multiple INTs. Then there's the fact that BB didn't put him in when Cam was playing so poorly at the end of last season. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I don't think I am.

The only grace I'll give him is there's a big difference between coming into a game late and having only a handful of throws and getting first team reps all week in a gameplan that is tailored around what you (theoretically) do well. It would be easier to say definitively that he's got nothing if he had a couple starts in those conditions and still looked lost. But, I also have to believe if he showed the coaching staff that he was capable of that, he would have gotten a couple games at the end of last year, so it's probably moot anyway. The kid is trending downwards.

It's the same thing we've been hearing all last season. And the same question is always asked which nobody can answer - what exactly has Stidham done in 2 years here that makes him deserve the starting job of this team over someone else?

"Because there's nobody else" is not a great reason to not to put in the effort to find someone better and hopefully a lot better.

Bills actions show they have no faith in Stidham. Maybe the kid can put something together this offseason to instill hope but.

1. Stidham lost not only the starting job to cam newton, but the backup job to Hoyer.
2. When cam newton was injured they went to hoyer instead of Stidham.
3. When cam newton was barely passing for 100 yards a game and had an abdominal injury they still played cam newton rather than going to stidham.
4. When questioned if they should play him so they see what he has, McDaniels said he sees what he has to in practice.

Clearly there is something that hes doing/not doing that is irking the coaching staff to the point that he went from "de-facto starter" competing with cam newton for the starting job to sitting in street clothes on the bench

Bills actions show they have no faith in Stidham. Maybe the kid can put something together this offseason to instill hope but.

1. Stidham lost not only the starting job to cam newton, but the backup job to Hoyer.
2. When cam newton was injured they went to hoyer instead of Stidham.
3. When cam newton was barely passing for 100 yards a game and had an abdominal injury they still played cam newton rather than going to stidham.
4. When questioned if they should play him so they see what he has, McDaniels said he sees what he has to in practice.

Clearly there is something that hes doing/not doing that is irking the coaching staff to the point that he went from "de-facto starter" competing with cam newton for the starting job to sitting in street clothes on the bench
Well, missing important TC reps bc his vag was sore when the team doctors reportedly said he was good to go couldn’t have sat well with the coaching staff. Then there’s the small issue of him ****ting his pants whenever the rush gets within 3 yards of him, which usually leads to Stidham just firing the ball off into tight windows.

Well, missing important TC reps bc his vag was sore when the team doctors reportedly said he was good to go couldn’t have sat well with the coaching staff. Then there’s the small issue of him ****ting his pants whenever the rush gets within 3 yards of him, which usually leads to Stidham just firing the ball off into tight windows.
Clemson's Defense Dominates Auburn - YouTube

11 sacks on Stiddy lol. Ice up son.

That’s the game I was thinking of. LMAO at the sack at 1:16. No awareness to just throw the ball out of bounds. Kid sucks. Whatever potential he had was ruined that season. And yet, Creepy Caserio snorted a line of coke and said, “This... this is it. I’ve got to have him.”

That’s the game I was thinking of. LMAO at the sack at 1:16. No awareness to just throw the ball out of bounds. Kid sucks.
Yeah that one stood out too lol what was he thinking? He had no open lane and no time to set and hit a target.

Yeah that one stood out too lol what was he thinking? He had no open lane and no time to set and hit a target.
It looked pretty bad.. is any recovery possible from that shellacking ?

That’s the game I was thinking of. LMAO at the sack at 1:16. No awareness to just throw the ball out of bounds. Kid sucks. Whatever potential he had was ruined that season. And yet, Creepy Caserio snorted a line of coke and said, “This... this is it. I’ve got to have him.”
I wonder if Bill & Creepy had been hoping that Ryan Finley would last until #118, but when he didn't they still didn't think enough of Stid to secure his services with that pick; in fact they valued...Frodo(!)...more highly than him...

It looked pretty bad.. is any recovery possible from that shellacking ?
Not every game was 11 sacks, but he got a beat down that entire season. Gus Malzahn (Malpractice) did him no favors with the play-calling either.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back