PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham already back at it

Stidham thought he had the job locked up. The anti Brady. You gotta take every single day like it's the last and earn the job every single day. He should've been at Foxboro for 16 hours a day for 7 straight months.

I'm not sure if it's real, but that picture of him on a throne with a crown could have earned him a heaping serving of humble pie...like a season's worth.

For once, we disagree! I think he brings an entertaining and knowledgeable perspective to the game. He also works pretty hard at drilling down on what happened during a play or a game. I like the guy.
I think hes lost his fastball. Catering to the EEI crowd now.

The pessimism for me (and I think a lot of others) is that neither Stidham nor Harry seem to have "it," the gutsy, "winner in the NFL" gene, if you will. They've both had plenty of time to show they have what it takes to win in the NFL, and they don't have it. I hope the team moves on from both of them. In my opinion, if either of them (particularly Harry) was going to work out, he would have already done so. "It" isn't there.
Stidham has had nowhere near the chances that Harry has had "to show what it takes to win in the NFL." How can you equate the numerous starts of Harry and the amount of time he has been on the field with the couple of instances when Stidham has been a late game insertion with the Patriots trailing badly?

Goodness, enough of the Harry bashing already. Did he beat you up and steal your lunch money?

Goodness, enough of the Harry bashing already. Did he beat you up and steal your lunch money?
I'm afraid Harry is going to be a punching bag for years to come. He is the draft pick that put the nail in the coffin for the Dynasty.

My opinion on Bedard has eroded to the point of him being slightly above that of Gary Tanguay.

Bedard has considerable competition for his Boston Sports Journal membership fees, so he has resorted to clips that generate clicks. Always happens. I am not criticizing, just reminding that the "anonymous" contact's insider scoop should be ignored. It is not about reporting on the Patriots, it is about "tickling the fans' fannies" to pay the mortgage.

The kid was sacked 11 times in one game in 2018. He was dry humped by pretty much every defense he played as well. He’s ruined. He was ruined before he even came into the league.

Your expertise in being dry humped is obvious so I am compelled to believe you. :whistle:

I'm afraid Harry is going to be a punching bag for years to come. He is the draft pick that put the nail in the coffin for the Dynasty.

A 20 year Dynasty's coffin closure hinged on one draft pick. Now I understand the Harry hate. Stupid me.

A 20 year Dynasty's coffin closure hinged on one draft pick. Now I understand the Harry hate. Stupid me.
No, it started earlier, but Bill had one more shot of finding a key piece or two in the 2019 Draft. I'll add JoJuan Williams to the list to as he was not needed and could've been used on offense. Metcalf and Brown were still available when they took Williams. Swap Harry for Brown or Metcalf and may have been enough for Tom to stay. Tom pretty much got nothing out of the 2019 Draft.

No, it started earlier, but Bill had one more shot of finding a key piece or two in the 2019 Draft. I'll add JoJuan Williams to the list to as he was not needed and could've been used on offense. Metcalf and Brown were still available when they took Williams. Swap Harry for Brown or Metcalf and may have been enough for Tom to stay. Tom pretty much got nothing out of the 2019 Draft.
This is a take repeated many times on PatsFans.

Just curious. Why do you repeat the same thing after it has been stated so many times before? Do you think we missed it? How many times do you think we need to be reminded of the same take?

Just curious. Why do you repeat the same thing after it has been stated so many times before? Do you think we missed it? How many times do you think we need to be reminded of the same take?
Until it's acknowledged. People want to ignore what happened in 2019.

Yeah. Imagine if they drafted deebo samuel, dk metcalf or any other receiver that year instead
I'm not a huge fan of Samuel as his kamikaze style of play is going to cut his career short. He's always looking to knock out a defender when he has the ball in his hands. With that being said, I thought Bill was either going to roll the dice on Metcalf or the safer pick in Samuel.

People? What people? Nearly everyone on this board knows what happened in 2019.

Maybe you should call into talk radio?
Plenty of people still defend both the Harry and Williams picks for some odd reason.

Plenty of people still defend both the Harry and Williams picks for some odd reason.
Stop messing around. You need to call each of them out by name:

Agree.. belichick would not be facing so much heat if Harry had worked out. Even if Harry had been 50% of Metcalf, Brady might still be here...

Butterfly effect... Harry flopping.. frustrating brady... demands sanu.. Bill puts sanu in special teams and kills him...Gordon gets suspended again.. michel cannot break tackles.. Brady gets frustrated..says thank you kraft and belichick.. goes to tampa and wins super bowl..

So tampa should thank Harry for the super bowl.. if not for him, the goat would still be playing for pats.

Agree.. belichick would not be facing so much heat if Harry had worked out. Even if Harry had been 50% of Metcalf, Brady might still be here...

Butterfly effect... Harry flopping.. frustrating brady... demands sanu.. Bill puts sanu in special teams and kills him...Gordon gets suspended again.. michel cannot break tackles.. Brady gets frustrated..says thank you kraft and belichick.. goes to tampa and wins super bowl..

So tampa should thank Harry for the super bowl.. if not for him, the goat would still be playing for pats.

I mean it's possibly part of a multitude of events, imagine Bill gets metcalf and Brady is throwing to metcalf, gordon, dorsett, Edelman. Bill never has to trade for AB and cut AB. The offense is light years better.

Honestly, whiffing on that pick is huge even for now. We are searching for that #1 still when the position could be figured out.

I mean it's possibly part of a multitude of events, imagine Bill gets metcalf and Brady is throwing to metcalf, gordon, dorsett, Edelman. Bill never has to trade for AB and cut AB. The offense is light years better.

Honestly, whiffing on that pick is huge even for now. We are searching for that #1 still when the position could be figured out.
Imagine AJ Brown instead of Harry and Metcalf instead of Williams. The first replaces a bust with a true #1 wideout. The second replaces a bust who wasn’t even a need with a split-end (and #1 in his own right) that can take the top off a defense. With the defense we had that year, we are probably winning the Super Bowl in 2019 if those are the first two picks. But, uh, I guess both Harry and Williams interviewed well.

I didn't see that as hate as much as it was an accurate comparison of the chances they've both received. I'd also like to see Stidham get more chances.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back