PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley Talking Sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet i'm sure he wears/displays that SB ring which he really had no part in winning

This whole thing doesn't even make sense. His contract was up and the Pats moved on from him. He's acting like he has been waiting awhile for this, yet he played against the Pats in 2015 when he was with the jest which was the season the Pats "wronged" him by not bringing him back.

Sounds to me like this is the 3rd string RB who has had 23 carries all season trying to get some press or it's Mike Tomlin thinking "it worked for the Titans when Dion Lewis did it could work for us"

Last edited:
Meh, of course it's personal. no matter how many times you say "it's a business," it's always personal when someone dumps on you. The Pats are cold, pure business - they wouldn't waste the time pretending to be interested in Ridley after his injury/contract expiration. Some organizations probably would, even if they knew they wouldn't re-sign the guy.

A lot of ex-Patriots seem to feel this way. Don't blame them.

“And now they’re still looking for a running back to try to come in and play — how many running backs have been through there to try to give them some consistency as a quote-unquote first or second down back?” Ridley said. “They’re still looking for it right now. Yeah, it’s very personal. It is.”

What the f**k is this idiot talking about.

Blount came back at the end of '14 and was on the team in '15 & '16

Lewis in '17

and now Michel who could potentially be the guy through the 2023 season

Loy7IbM.gif

That was the game...right there.....I knew we were cooked at that point....

He was a good runner except for the fumbling. If I recall, his last run with the team was the fumble to ice the AFCCG vs Baltimore and he tore his ACL on the hit and was concussed. I’m glad to see he’s still earning a paycheck in the league, considering that bad injury. As for his comments, welcome to the NFL buddy. Your contract was up (you weren’t released or anything). Many players have their own agents call the teams too when there’s interest. Can’t really see the Vader-Palpatine Pats making an appearance here, though I love it when it happens. I’ve fully embraced the dark side image.

Speaking of villains, that was the play John Harbaugh called “football at its finest”. Cool quote, bro. Concussions are soooooo awesome. Nardly!!

He tore his ACL in Buffalo, mid season. And I think it was Brandon Spikes who provided the hit. So I believe it was the next season after this Baltimore game.

With the Patriots "Leakimg Lena" run defense, Ridley is liable to gain 200
yards on 5 carries. The Patriots had better not have many three runs and
punt or they will fall behind very fast.

Wasn’t he the RB on our team who loved to dance? I remember a few times he would hit the LOS rear-end first and then fumble the ball.

He wasnt a dancer, but he sure did have a habit of fumbling the football at the most critical times in a game

The Ravens KO'ed him and he fumbled in a playoff game that cost us an AFCCG, if i remember correctly

Was an ok RB for us, but not sad hes gone. We have 3 active RBs on the roster that are better than him, 4 if you count Jeremy Hill

Last edited:
To be fair to Ridley, with the tattoos I read an article and he said when getting the Jets tattoo he has tattoos of every team he's played for. Not sure if he's still doing that, if he is he must be running out of room fast.

Ridley thinks he was a four-year starter here? So he was 'starting' when he totaled 441 yards and 1 touchdown in 2011?

The guy had one notable season in his career. We just watched Brandon Bolden torch us for a 50 yard touchdown last week and I'm still not afraid of him.

I liked Ridley a lot when he was here. I'm sorry he feels dissed by the Patriots. He had a very good game against Houston in the "Letter Jacket Game." I'll never forget the playoff fumble when he was knocked out and completely unconscious before he even hit the ground. People here criticized him, but that fumble was not his fault.

He's almost 30-years-old now, has had a decent NFL career, and should understand that when your employment is over, it's over. The NFL is a non-stop business as far as employee turn over is concerned. Every team is onto the next draft, the next free agent, the next trade when any given season ends. Hearts and flowers are not to be expected.

I hope he has a good game, doesn't get hurt, and turns the ball over a couple of times on Sunday, preferably in Steelers territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back