PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley Talking Sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he doesn't flash around his Super Bowl 49 ring obnoxiously all the time. I think that has the same team logo as the one that "trashed" him.

Meh, of course it's personal. no matter how many times you say "it's a business," it's always personal when someone dumps on you. The Pats are cold, pure business - they wouldn't waste the time pretending to be interested in Ridley after his injury/contract expiration. Some organizations probably would, even if they knew they wouldn't re-sign the guy.

A lot of ex-Patriots seem to feel this way. Don't blame them.

I'm sure he doesn't flash around his Super Bowl 49 ring obnoxiously all the time. I think that has the same team logo as the one that "trashed" him.

I bet we see a football flashing out of his hands during a run Sunday.

This talk is nothing. The guy is amped to play his former team that’s all. Life in the NFL can suck for players, it’s a business and while he had some success here it wasn’t enough to bring him back. I’d be pissed too. Still hope we get to see a classic Ridley momentum changing fumble!

Lots of players need to work on fumbles. Ridley is the only one I've seen spin around and throw the ball like a discuss. Injury or not, I don't think a long term contract was in the offing.

As @fnordcircle said, it was Maroney. He pioneered the dancing style that LeVeon Bell has now made popular.

Ridley was a very decisive runner, getting over 1,200 yards and 12 TD's his first year starting. He had great power and was a pretty sure thing in short yardage/goal line situations. Injuries derailed a once promising career.

Except, as he explains it, he was a "4 year starter", which isn't factual. He was a part-time starter at best. Yes, he became the lead back in his 2nd season and put up 1200 yards. But, then he started slipping and I don't believe that the Patriots were totally convinced of his abilities. His stats read more like 1 year wonder than 4 year starter.

We should have kept that budding star Akiem Hicks a few moons back I am sure BB is kicking himself. We would have had a Solid D with Hicks right now he's worth every penny he got.

SMH. Hicks made the decision to leave. It had nothing to do with BB.. Why do you insist on trying to re-write history.

He wasn't talking ****. And honestly despite not having done anything since that injury, he'll probably find a way to torch us Sunday.

I liked Ridley when he was with us. He was actually pretty good. Better than Sony Michel has been thus far.
When you fumble a lot. You're not better than the other player who hasn't fumbled. Michel getting twisted around doesn't count, just like I don't count Ridley's fumble when he got knocked out by Pollard.

Besides, Sony Michel already has more yards than Ridley had in his first season.

Last edited:
Loy7IbM.gif

I hear you loud and clear. Huge play....huge repercussions. But in fairness he was knocked out and unconscious on that play.

When you fumble a lot. You're not better than the other player who hasn't fumbled. Michel getting twisted around doesn't count, just like I don't count Ridley's fumble when he got knocked out by Pollard.

Besides, Sony Michel already has more yards than Ridley had in his first season.

Sony has twice as many carries as Ridley had as a rookie.
Averages almost 1 less YPC.
Has only 1 fumble (as did Ridley in half the carries) though it was on the twisty leg play.
I’d say they are similar though I prefer Sony’s ball security much more....shoot I just jinxed him.

"Ridley indicated the Patriots did not contact him after his contract expired at the end of the 2014 season."

Okay, so what's the problem other that sour grapes. I was on a contract job once and was doing a great job and expected to be extended or even hired on permanently but when my contract was up, I was unceremoniously led out of the building with my personal belongings.

It happens. Contracts expire and the Pats were well within their rights not to call you back.

With Woodhead, Faulk, Green-Ellis and Vareen all in front of him on the depth chart Ridleys carries were limited his rookie year. His yard per carry number was over 5 (around 90 carries) and he had a solid 5.1 ypc average. In his second year he had over 1200 total yards.

"Ridley indicated the Patriots did not contact him after his contract expired at the end of the 2014 season."

Okay, so what's the problem other that sour grapes. I was on a contract job once and was doing a great job and expected to be extended or even hired on permanently but when my contract was up, I was unceremoniously led out of the building with my personal belongings.

It happens. Contracts expire and the Pats were well within their rights not to call you back.
...because his wittle weelings wur huwt.

He always struck me as immature moron with that dumbass conehead hairstyle

Sony has twice as many carries as Ridley had as a rookie.
Averages almost 1 less YPC.
Has only 1 fumble (as did Ridley in half the carries) though it was on the twisty leg play.
I’d say they are similar though I prefer Sony’s ball security much more....shoot I just jinxed him.

Keep in mind Ridley walked into a loaded offense. This year the Pat's had easily one of the worst wr groups in the league prior to the Gordon trade and JEs vacation. The oline has been so makeshift at times that I thought it was pretty clear Brady had 0 trust in them and his footwork was a mess because of it. How many times has Sony been tied up for a loss/negligible gain because of dancing/not making his move? He seems to excel at taking what is there. He was showing some explosiveness when he came back from the preseason knee only to get pretzeled up and hobbled a bit.

Hopefully hes healed up and Burkhead can stay on the bench where he belongs, outside of a short spell here and there. His use last week was almost as ridiculous as the last play of the game. It was almost as bad as McD forcing hooman on the field during the deflategate game when everyone in the stadium could see they had no answer for gronk lined up left with dev leading the way.

It'd be nice if McD could choose a coaches pet who isnt useless (ok, rex isnt that bad). His insistence to bail on any sort of effective run game the second they trail by 3 points is infuriating. Once Miami went up, Sony never got a chance until McD decided to go vanilla run and Atlanta'd his way to a conservative loss.

For all the credit we give the coaching staff around here, they seem pretty hell bent on proving themselves the smartest in the stadium, and it costs them more often than it doesn't. Bb/butler sb. Jackson/Josh in Miami mash unit game a few years back. Welker/bb jets afccg. Can you really give them credit when a tackle eligible play works (balt playoffs)? That's more an inept coach on the other sideline than a brilliant call by Josh. I'm sick of the cute "next man up" nonsense when there is no reason for the next man to be on the field because the clearly more physically talented player is still readily available. These bumbs come in and get designed looks time and again, and usually dont do much with them. What does boy wonder do? Double down and try it again a few weeks later, if not the next game.

I can't imagine how miserable I'd be watching a truly inept staff like the NYJ or PITT.

I may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed, and that pathetic peewee football display with 8 seconds to go has left a bad taste in my mouth. Screw 27(think that was the db) for calmly jogging behind from the sideline to the middle of the field after the last lateral. Joker could have made that play. Such is life. Hopefully we get to see Tomlin have a ***** fit on national tv later

Normally this is an enormous LOL but it seems every ex-Patriot has inflicted their comeuppance on the team this year more than if you add every other year in the BB reign combined. So watch him rush for 2-bills on the Pats today and then fade back into obscurity.

Nonetheless his comments about them still searching for a replacement are ridiculous. Blount, Lewis, White, Michel, Burkhead, Devlin and probably somebody I'm forgetting have all prospered here and all run with a toughness he didn't.

When your career in NE is on par with Laurence Maroney you should just STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back