PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers are the team no one wants to play down the stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our offense versus another team's defense, I think KC is the worst matchup.
Our defense versus another team's offense, I think Pittsburgh is the worst matchup.

Our defense versus another team's offense, I think Pittsburgh is the worst matchup.
Both of those teams put a little nervousness in me.

I never thought we would lose to the jets at home after an awesome regular season.
I never thought we would lose to baltimore at home after we got homefield for AFCCG.

Playoffs are a crapshoot, so anything can happen. No point worrying or feeling 100 % of any opponent. I just hope we are lucky to keep playing as long as it is possible in the season with no more injuries

Let's not forget that the Patriots beat the Steelers without too much struggle on opening night this year. A rematch would still be at home. Granted, the Pats were much healthier then, but they should be mostly healthy by playoff time, should the Steelers make it to them. Butler mostly shut Brown down. The key factor IMO is that Martavis Bryant is back and Wheaton has emerged. However, Ryan has come into his own since then, and Lennie Johnson looked great last night.

On the other side of the ball, the Steelers D still sucks. Edelman and Gronk back = points.

Steelers have Denver and two divisional road games*. They're not a lock by any stretch.

(*granted, baltimore and cleveland suck)

Let's not forget that the Patriots beat the Steelers without too much struggle on opening night this year. A rematch would still be at home. Granted, the Pats were much healthier then, but they should be mostly healthy by playoff time, should the Steelers make it to them. Butler mostly shut Brown down. The key factor IMO is that Martavis Bryant is back and Wheaton has emerged. However, Ryan has come into his own since then, and Lennie Johnson looked great last night.

On the other side of the ball, the Steelers D still sucks. Edelman and Gronk back = points.

Brown had a big game 1 vs the Pats, 9/133 for 1 TD, although TD came in garbage time i believe. I would use ryan and safety help to double brown and stick butler 1on1 on bryant. take your chances against wheaton and their TEs. at home, i like the pats chances overall but it will be a close game.

Here's the thing:

In September, no one wanted to play the Packers, but then their offense went into a tailspin from which they may or may not recover.

In September and October, no one wanted to play the Patriots, but major injuries have caused their offense to go down quite a bit, at least short term.

The Seahawks were putrid a lot of the time on offense for much of the early season but are now playing like the 2007 Patriots.

The Steelers offense wasn't unstoppable even with Ben for some games but have just started clicking.

The Bengals were looking mighty unstoppable too before hitting a big speed bump and then losing Dalton.

My point it, every few weeks, teams are very up and down in this league, so it's hard to predict where the Steelers will be a month from now, if they are even playing. They look great right now, yes, but just a month ago, they were not even considered a top offensive unit.

I'm most concerned about any team that can expose our OL, the only part of the team (aside from injury-depleted RBs) that doesn't seem to be getting it together. KC looks to be the AFC team that can best do that. On balance, I think Pats come out ahead in overall matchup but I don't want Brady getting clobbered.

The day I will be afraid of Belichick facing Andy Reid in the playoffs at home is very distant in the future, so distant I can't even see.

660073.jpg

We ended up facing the 2nd best AFC team in the divisional round last year. It served us well in the end.

The day I will be afraid of Belichick facing Andy Reid in the playoffs at home is very distant in the future, so distant I can't even see.

660073.jpg

LOL, I forgot about the Reid factor. Yeah, no worries about them in the playoffs.

I like our chances with KC they don't score in bunches like Pittsburgh.

Here's the thing:

In September, no one wanted to play the Packers, but then their offense went into a tailspin from which they may or may not recover.

In September and October, no one wanted to play the Patriots, but major injuries have caused their offense to go down quite a bit, at least short term.

The Seahawks were putrid a lot of the time on offense for much of the early season but are now playing like the 2007 Patriots.

The Steelers offense wasn't unstoppable even with Ben for some games but have just started clicking.

The Bengals were looking mighty unstoppable too before hitting a big speed bump and then losing Dalton.

My point it, every few weeks, teams are very up and down in this league, so it's hard to predict where the Steelers will be a month from now, if they are even playing. They look great right now, yes, but just a month ago, they were not even considered a top offensive unit.
It's only a matter of time Carolina goes through this phase! Unfortunately it might happen to them at the worst time in January!

Ahh, good ol' conventional wisdom. Nothing like it …

View attachment 11566

When was that from? It's not surprising that the Colts were there, but that all 4 picked them. Hmmmm...

The Eagles is the big headscratcher there. he defense sucked last year and they didn't do alot to improve it.

I have given up being scared of any team. I like our chances against anyone and it's going to take a lot to beat us. Even the two we lost this year were in spectacular fashion, pick 6, punt block td, punt return td, and blatantly idiotic refs. Plus since my son was born we won the Super Bowl and I think the real reason we lost two this year was because he had pneumonia and was not feeling good those two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back