PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Starting QB thread

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Cam admitting last week that he can’t handle the pressure of being in New England and Stidham whining last night that he wants to start and Cam getting salty when asked about Stid saying that.

Lol. We’re in awesome QB shape here aren’t we. :D

If I’m Bill I’d start Hoyer

Last edited:
I saw at least two passes from Stidham thrown low against the Bills, should someone tell Cam and Stidham that the receivers are supposed to catch the ball with their hands ? Think we know what we have in Cam , I would give Stidham the chance against the Jets to see if there is anything they dont already know ?

Next season ?.....FA or trade with a draft pick....who knows.

Stidham is probably not the answer, but in all fairness it would be nice to see him with a full week of practice with starters and a game plan designed for his abilities.

Time to blow it all up. Go into 2021 with no qbs

Honestly, as crappy as he was vs KC with clock management and what not, he’s prob been the best option all along.

Cam and Stidham sucks but I still prefer to see Stidham. I have seen enough of Cam sucking, I’m a ok to see a new suck.

at least Stidham didn’t throw an INT for the third straight game. And the ball is getting out much quicker and on time and he has a lot more touch than Cam.

Stidham is probably not the answer, but in all fairness it would be nice to see him with a full week of practice with starters and a game plan designed for his abilities

I agree with this. There is only a faint glimmer of hope that Stidham might develop into something, but there is no hope at all for Cam in this regard. He's done. He played the game is a way that damaged him for too long. The refs didn't protect him as well as perhaps they should have, and his body can't hack it any more. I have been hard on him, but I hope he can find happiness outside football. His football career, though, is over.

Cam and Stidham sucks but I still prefer to see Stidham. I have seen enough of Cam sucking, I’m a ok to see a new suck.

at least Stidham didn’t throw an INT for the third straight game. And the ball is getting out much quicker and on time and he has a lot more touch than Cam.

Agreed. Stidham has some pocket presence, sometimes looked to his second reads (I think he got to his 3rd read once), threw to the check downs, and hit a few guys in stride so they got some YAC.

Saying that he short hopped a couple of passes and still looks mechanically weird. My take is Stidham is not ready, but he is trying to do all of the right things. Will he ever be ready? Who knows. He has to stop being nervous and play without thinking, but some guys never get over that hump.

The real question is why is someone starting another starting QB thread.

The real question is why is someone starting another starting QB thread.
Because it's still a live issue. The team probably has the worst qb room in the league (and a head coach who built that mess, as well as the worst receiver room in the league, and the weakest array of players at skill positions in recent memory), and that's a matter worth bringing up...again.

IMHO

As what ? Waterboy ? Mascot ?

The reality is that to me personally it makes all the sense in the world to shut Newton down for the last game and give Stidham the first team reps this week. Realistically it won't matter because three practices won't suddenly turn a switch and he will most likely look as abysmal as he has been almost every time he got a chance to be on the field.

Either way there is no reason to risk Newton getting injured in a meaningless game while at the same time you get to see how Stidham reacts to gameplanning and all that jazz.

Honestly, as crappy as he was vs KC with clock management and what not, he’s prob been the best option all along.
At least the game will be over quickly.

Fun Brady stat:
In the Belichick era- regular season losses at home by a starting QB by 20 points or more:

Newton (7 games): 2
Cassell (8 games): 2
Brady (141 games)..... 1

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey