PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Illustrated has the Pats winning the AFC East

Screw All of you too.

****ing cheerleaders.

The vitriol you spew toward those who disagree with you and who dare cast shade over your Dear Leader is ****ing pathetic.
Personally, I love the postings by all of BB's fluffers. They really put their backs into it.

That's great, but I personally don't care much for division titles. Though I obviously agree with the writer, I have my sights set on Lombardi trophy #7, which I feel extremely confident in this season.

-The team has a real OC again
-Mac Jones in year 3
-Two legit TEs that will wreak havoc in the middle of the field
-Tyquan will have a real OC for the first time, Bourne will be used correctly, and JuJu will be playing with the best passer he has ever had in his career.
-Elite running game
-The defense, while already great, will be generational this season with the addition of Gonzalez, Keion White, and Mapu.

I do not see anybody challenging this team in 2023.
Did I miss something? Did a Delorean traveling 88 mph suddenly appear out of a flash of light and did 2016 Tom Brady emerge from the driver's seat?

Or are you suggesting that Mac Jones in year 3 is going to be better than what's-his-name out in Kansas City?

The author Conor Orr is the same moron who said the 2022 Patriots defense was a "classic Bill Belichick masterpiece" after they held the immortal Zach Wilson to 3 points in Foxboro. Wilson was so bad to that point in the season that the Jets didn't even dress him for the next three weeks. The friggin Jets went 1-6 after losing to the Patriots in week 11... so yeah, a classic BB masterpiece lol!

Conor even called the Patriots defense "clearly the best in the NFL." Oh, I don't know, I believe I recall San Francisco having a team last season. And the Patriots allowed 25.4 points per game after the "masterful" showing against Zach Wilson... 25.4 P/G... 30th! in the NFL. Oops.

Finally, this fool Conor Orr declared "Belichick is still really, incredibly, unfathomably good at this." He actually said that in the midst of a season that saw Belichick hand the franchise quarterback and offense off to Matt Patricia. Enough said.
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Connor Orr may suck donkey balls,
but not nearly as much as you.

Did I miss something? Did a Delorean traveling 88 mph suddenly appear out of a flash of light and did 2016 Tom Brady emerge from the driver's seat?

Or are you suggesting that Mac Jones in year 3 is going to be better than what's-his-name out in Kansas City?
Kermit will get squashed by the Pats’ defensive juggernaut. Mac will mop up.

************, I was just in it for the Spiro Agnew callbacks. But while we're on the subject, do feel free to f*** all the way off.
Gotta love Spiro. An essential part of the team that went two for two resigning in disgrace from the two highest elective offices in the land!

Gotta love Spiro. An essential part of the team that went two for two resigning in disgrace from the two highest elective offices in the land!
No politics. But look how this stuff shakes out ...
1) JFK... scandal: slept w Marilyn Monroe... they fuggin killed him
2) RFK... scandal: see above.... woulda been president, they fuggin killed him
3) Nixon... break-ins, cover-ups, election theft... retires to San Clemente, walks beach in a suit, underlings do time, impeachment creates brainchild of news-free "News," Faux is born
4) Agnew... corrupt AF... impeached, actually takes own fall - in that sense, he's unique.

I actually did this for all of em and I invite you all to do likewise, from mid-20th onward. Shhhh don't post it here you guys, I didn't. The more recent it is, the more political it is. And I am sure the whiner brigade is ready to lose their **** about these 4 lines.

I'll email you, n6249c. It's amazing when you do the quick walk down memory lane. Why waste the effort...

The 2022 Bills defense was ranked 2nd in points allowed and the Jets were ranked 4th. Both better than the 2022 Pats. Miami is the least of concern Alabama QBs stink.

NE winning anything is going to take a QB.
Patriots were 3rd in defensive DVOA and 1st in weighted defensive DVOA, i.e. they finished strong.

So why were they only 11th in ppg?

Because the offense and special teams were next to last in non-offensive TD's given up with 0.3 TD's given up per game.

If they were just average in this category -- 0.1 TD's given up per game -- they would have been 4th in ppg, better than Buffalo and almost the same as the Jets who were #2.

As everyone knows, the Pats defense was very good in 2022 despite all the troll exhalations.

Edit: ...and the Pats led the league in defensive TDs with 0.4 TD/game. The average is 0.1, so that 0.3 TD/game scored lowers their ppg to 17, tied with SF for best in the league. So adjusted ppg is actually consistent with DVOA with the Pats having a top defense in 2022 -- only SF may have been better.

Last edited:
Patriots were 3rd in defensive DVOA and 1st in weighted defensive DVOA, i.e. they finished strong.

Because the offense and special teams were next to last in non-offensive TD's given up with 0.3 TD's given up per game.

If they were just average in this category -- 0.1 TD's given up per game -- they would have been 4th in ppg, better than Buffalo and almost the same as the Jets who were #2.

As everyone knows, the Pats defense was very good in 2022 despite all the troll exhalations.

Edit: ...and the Pats led the league in defensive TDs with 0.4 TD/game. The average is 0.1, so that 0.3 TD/game scored lowers their ppg to 17, tied with SF for best in the league. So adjusted ppg is actually consistent with DVOA with the Pats having a top defense in 2022 -- only SF may have been better.
we all know the single most important position is QB...and this fan base knows it better than anybody. But if anything, the position is over-emphasized vs. the whole of the team. Defense and the running games are huge keys to winning that we are toward the top of the league in. Our weakness is simple - the passing game. That's the most expensive piece. I'm rooting for "meh. Okay" until the pieces fall into place. This team, with a "meh okay" passing game can go far.

we all know the single most important position is QB...and this fan base knows it better than anybody. But if anything, the position is over-emphasized vs. the whole of the team. Defense and the running games are huge keys to winning that we are toward the top of the league in. Our weakness is simple - the passing game. That's the most expensive piece. I'm rooting for "meh. Okay" until the pieces fall into place. This team, with a "meh okay" passing game can go far.
simplistic on the surface..."it's the passing game, stupid!!!"...yes it certainly was last season...but WHY? the answer lies in opposing defenses and what they came to know and expect from the Pats offense, to wit, that 95% of the time the Pats were going to call a running play on 1st down. It was ludicrous and infuriating to watch but there it is. What should we expect from an O"Brien offense? That remains to be seen but he HAS TO BE more diverse than that shytshow last season.

They finished strong.

3 wins and 5 losses after the bye.

The 3 wins are nothing to be proud of when you consider that the hapless Jets converted 6 - 1st downs all day. Thats not because the Pats defense was the 85 Bears all day. Colt Mcoy still stinks and is worse than Kyler Murray. The Pats defense hung on and beat Skyler Thompson and Teddy Bridgewater. The W - L record wasnt looking too good, but that DVOA was right sharp now.

At least the Homers are pleased and its always nice to know that you can top the Colt Mcoys and the Jacoby Brisetts of the NFL.

They finished strong.

3 wins and 5 losses after the bye.

The 3 wins are nothing to be proud of when you consider that the hapless Jets converted 6 - 1st downs all day. Thats not because the Pats defense was the 85 Bears all day. Colt Mcoy still stinks and is worse than Kyler Murray. The Pats defense hung on and beat Skyler Thompson and Teddy Bridgewater. The W - L record wasnt looking too good, but that DVOA was right sharp now.

At least the Homers are pleased and its always nice to know that you can top the Colt Mcoys and the Jacoby Brisetts of the NFL.
Troll. The losses were primarily on the terrible Special Teams -- worst in the league by DVOA -- and the ineffective offense. The defense was playoff caliber.

Edit: why are the trolls here unanimous in complaining about every move BB makes to improve the special teams, despite that being the worst unit in the league?

Last edited:
Troll. The losses were primarily on the terrible Special Teams -- worst in the league by DVOA -- and the ineffective offense. The defense was playoff caliber.

Edit: why are the trolls here unanimous in complaining about every move BB makes to improve the special teams, despite that being the worst unit in the league?

That is why they are trolls. Just scroll past their posts without reading them, or block them. Who cares what they say?

Will bet a stack otherwise against anyone who wants to take it. A half for the wildcard.

afce will be wild. I still have the Bills up there and Miami is legit. Our schedule is a gauntlet.

But we didn’t give up after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Can’t give up after last season.

Plus we know we have the zappe bomb ready to unleash if needed :D

Until we're back on top, we're in what future generations will call the "hundred flowers" period of Patiots fandom. Eh, let 'em have their moment. They've been hoping for the collapse of NE so long, so that any opinion on the street can be equally valid to the coaching staff's thoughts.

Predictions are a waste of time.
All I know is I'm a helluva lot more excited about their prospects than I was a year ago.
Also way more interesting just from an x's and o's standpoint,especially on offense. A lot of that is BOB, but also the personnel is better and more varied.
Gesicki is going to help this team. A healthy Ty Montgomery will help. Does Demario Douglas develop into a viable slot option? Will Marcus get an occasional offensive snap? If Thornton can stay healthy, he could be huge- there's no one else on offense with that kinda speed.
I gotta think hiring Klemm and BOB alone will improve the ol play.
Not worried about the defense.It'll be one of the leagues better units.
And some may think it trivial but both new punters are booming skyscrapers as opposed to the horror show of punting last year. It matters.
Can't wait to see how it all shakes out

afce will be wild. I still have the Bills up there and Miami is legit. Our schedule is a gauntlet.

But we didn’t give up after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Can’t give up after last season.

Plus we know we have the zappe bomb ready to unleash if needed :D
Lol good post.. it was the Japanese who bombed pearl harbor though my guy. Love the enthusiasm.. I believe this patriots team will be on a redemption all season.

Homir

The Pats defense stopped NOT one post season team. I recall a time when the Pats defense shut down Peyton Manning in his prime. Nobody needed to look at DVOA or any other homer BS to try to sell fake news, because product was a win vs a quality QB. The Pats defense was the truth.

Those were the days.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back