PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Agent Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiZa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
It's a fact that the Pats will not deal with Tom Condon and CAA sports dating back to Ben Watson's rookie year when he became the first player in Patriots history to not make TC on time. Watson had to fire Condon and hire someone else to get the deal done. NEP has not drafted anyone represented by CAA since. This year here are the current eligible college players being represented by CAA:

Sam Bradford
Gerald McCoy
Bryan Bulaga
Derrick Morgan
Jermaine Gresham
Jerry Hughes

Hopefully none are your binkys

None of my "binkies" are on the list:)

Anyone else happy Gresham is on this list? I don't have a huge issue with the player, but I do not want a TE in Round 1 and Gresham is probably the only TE worth a late-round 1 pick. The less chance we pick a TE in RD 1, the better.

Glad to see the Oklahoma TE on that list... I'm not a big fan of taking TEs in the first round. That said, you can imagine how I felt about the years the Pats took Graham and Watson.

man that is an interesting tid bit of info there.

i'm happy to see Gresham on there, but not Hughes. I like Hughes a LOT more than Graham and Kindle, but if BB sticks to his beef with CAA, looks like we won't be taking him.

none of them are my binkys but i do like jerry hughes,

It's a fact that the Pats will not deal with Tom Condon and CAA sports dating back to Ben Watson's rookie year when he became the first player in Patriots history to not make TC on time. Watson had to fire Condon and hire someone else to get the deal done. NEP has not drafted anyone represented by CAA since. This year here are the current eligible college players being represented by CAA:

Sam Bradford
Gerald McCoy
Bryan Bulaga
Derrick Morgan
Jermaine Gresham
Jerry Hughes

Crazy considering he played for us in 1985!!

I really wanted Hughes too, that sucks.

Say it ain't so, Jerry!

Sam Bradford
Gerald McCoy
Bryan Bulaga
Derrick Morgan
Jermaine Gresham
Jerry Hughes

Eugene Parker reps Dez Bryant. He's also the guy who repped Crabtree and who the Pats had trouble dealing with in Seymour's renegotiation a few years ago. The only player now on the Pats that Parker reps is BJGE. Anyway, it could be an issue.

Graham, Kindle, Kyle Wilson and Pouncey are all repped by Joel Segal. Don't know of any problems with him, but I don't know what current/former Pats he may rep (if any).

Been trying to find a complete list of who reps which Pats players, but only come up with pieces so far based on what I can find among (accessible) individual agent client lists.

This is really really interesting information. It may explain some of the Patriots draft moves. They will never admit it but it must be a factor.

It is unfortunate that money comes into play when picking players. TC's hold outs must also be big a factor; a player that holds out for any appreciable amount of time basically loses his first year.

Eugene Parker reps Dez Bryant. He's also the guy who repped Crabtree...

Ho ho ho!!! This is hilarious; Dez will have a huge holdout. Worse than Crabtree now that it is an uncapped year and the Cowboys are perceived to be rich. LOL. McCourty will be starting before Dez even steps on the field.

After Dez's holdout he will have miserable year and the Cowboy will be bled white by his outrageous contract for years to come. I love it.

Eugene Parker reps Dez Bryant. He's also the guy who repped Crabtree and who the Pats had trouble dealing with in Seymour's renegotiation a few years ago. The only player now on the Pats that Parker reps is BJGE. Anyway, it could be an issue.

Graham, Kindle, Kyle Wilson and Pouncey are all repped by Joel Segal. Don't know of any problems with him, but I don't know what current/former Pats he may rep (if any).

Been trying to find a complete list of who reps which Pats players, but only come up with pieces so far based on what I can find among (accessible) individual agent client lists.

News articles are good sources (e.g., that's where I learned who reps Welker and Guyton).

This is really really interesting information. It may explain some of the Patriots draft moves. They will never admit it but it must be a factor.

It is unfortunate that money comes into play when picking players. TC's hold outs must also be big a factor; a player that holds out for any appreciable amount of time basically loses his first year.

True, it is a business though. If a player is there, but they dont want to deal with him, they can just trade back like they did this year. That way they don't have to feel like they overdrafted a player who's 2nd on their list, but has a better agent

Hughes' agent is Tom Condon and Hughes went to the Dolts? LOL. This gets better and better.

Let's pray for a huge hold out. The holdouts this year will be the worst ever because the lack of a cap. This could be a lot of fun.

BTW the rookie salaries will be so bad this year that the veterans will be furious enough to go a rookie slot system....I hope.

Last edited:
Hughes' agent is Tom Condon and Hughes went to the Dolts? LOL. This gets better and better.

Let's pray for a huge hold out. The holdouts this year will be the worst ever because the lack of a cap. This could be a lot of fun.

BTW the rookie salaries will be so bad this year that the veterans will be furious enough to go a rookie slot system....I hope.

Funny you mention that. Who do you think is Pay-a-ton Mannings's agent?

This is a great factiod, thanks for posting it.

Helps explain why BB did not jump all over Bulagra when he was available at #22.

News articles are good sources (e.g., that's where I learned who reps Welker and Guyton).

And I do get a lot of agent info from them and attempt to record it in a consolidated spreadsheet when I find it. What I'm looking/hoping for is that someone else has already done this for most players and has posted it online. Sorta doubt it exists yet since even Wiki doesn't have anything like it that I've seen.

The Jets jumped ahead of us to take Gresham. If we don't sign condon clients, that's something their front office should have known from their mangini infection.

The Jets jumped ahead of us to take Gresham. If we don't sign condon clients, that's something their front office should have known from their mangini infection.

IDK. I've never considered the Jets FO/ownership to be always devastatingly football smart and immune to ego moves in the draft. Not to say that they don't draft generally well - they do. But it seems like they've had more than their fair share of picks to hide under the cat litter, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back