PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spagnuoulo: Pats cheated in SB XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked up a link, but I do recall this, FWIW.

Regards,
Chris

Might be something that was just discussed here because I don't recall hearing that either.

Might be something that was just discussed here because I don't recall hearing that either.

Knowing this site, the link to the article is probably archived in this forum. I'll do some digging.

Regards,
Chris

According to an ESPN report from 2015, one Eagles staffer believed the Super Bowl practices were filmed or the playbook was stolen. Spagnuolo brought the "SpyGate" controversy back to life on 97.5 The Fanatic Monday, describing the words Jim Johnson said to him in the second half of the game.

"I remember Jim Johnson saying to me ‘they know our signals, do your best to disrupt them’, in hindsight, he was right," Spagnuolo said. "It was evident to us, we believe that Tom (Brady) knew where we were pressuring."
The practices were filmed OR the playbook was stolen? Quite a wide brush to paint with...

I get the feeling my Ignore Thread button thumb is going to be busy this week.

Is this jerk out of a job? After he failed as a head coach and defensive coordinator (without Coughlin).

Appears to be an old Bill Burt article that someone captured before the link died...

Peter Guinta: How we stopped the greatest offense ever

Regards,
Chris

One game that particularly caught the interest of the Giants coaches was not the game everyone probably would have predicted, like Philadelphia or Baltimore.

It was the Patriots game against the Cleveland Browns, on Oct. 7.

Yes. I saw Crennel was specifically mentioned somewhere but this is close enough.

if they went into the Super Bowl without a new set of signs then they are morons. Even my daughters 12u travel softball team would need new signs every game. Same goes for the video taping ********, it is meaningless if the lazy bastards put a little work into that part of their game.

AMEN!!! I’ve been saying this for years. At 12u we had to start using the wristbands with the signs and would change them out every game. Not only had other teams started stealing our signs at 12u, I would say well more then half the teams we’re doing it!! Used to get me so ripped. And even today at high school level I have to deal with people standing behind the plate trying to tell the batter we’re the catcher is lining up. So there is absolutely no way you are going to convince me professional sports teams keep the same signals from game to game, quarter to quarter, or even drive to drive.

Envy. Resentment. Hate.

And don't pay attention to Philly sports talk. It's the worst--although actually, Boston might have it beat at this point. But in terms of inane, myopic hot takes, WIP and 97.5 are leaps and bounds beyond anyone else in the nation.

Pretty sure McNabb throwing up and take 4 mins to run a 2 mins offense have to do a lot of why they suck on that 4th quarter... that and Andy Reid.

He didn't say they cheated. Only that the Patriots knew their what they were doing. (they knew when we were bringing pressure)

Of course the insinuation is that the Pats gained this knowledge from illegal videotape or whatever. But he didn't actually say that, unlike that moron Jon Ritchie.

Moreover, the Patriots knew their what they Eagles were doing on D in the second half, after the Patriots did very little at all in the first half.

If I knew your defensive signals before the game even started, wouldn't I dominate right out of the gate, until you realized it and adjusted?

But if I didn't do much at all the the first half and then I dominated int he second half, isn't it clear to you that I was the one who realized, during the game, what was going on and made the right adjustments?

It is sillyness

The practices were filmed OR the playbook was stolen? Quite a wide brush to paint with...

Plenty of specifics in that report, also. Whose playbook went missing? If the Eagles traveled to the Super Bowl with 65 playbooks and came home with 64, then what player or coach was missing theirs? If this really happened, it shouldn't be difficult for someone from the Eagles organization to substantiate it by putting a name on it.

The same applies to the claims that practices were filmed. Who saw it? In 2002, the story of someone filming Patriots practice made it into the news. We're to believe that Eagles personnel saw someone recording their practice and never mentioned it until 2008 or so? Why keep it a secret when it would be smart and easy to report it to the league and to the media? At a minimum, you have a communication on file with the NFL so they know to increase security at practices in the future.

Somehow, we're supposed to believe these claims aren't just sour grapes from losers when the Eagles allege things without any evidence to back them up.

Envy. Resentment. Hate.

And don't pay attention to Philly sports talk. It's the worst--although actually, Boston might have it beat at this point. But in terms of inane, myopic hot takes, WIP and 97.5 are leaps and bounds beyond anyone else in the nation.

Agree 100%. People say Philly deserves an Eagles win but they don't. Eagles fans are a bunch of degenerate low lifes.

Appears to be an old Bill Burt article that someone captured before the link died...

Peter Guinta: How we stopped the greatest offense ever

Regards,
Chris

IOW, Coughlin and Spagnuolo and the Giants players diligently self-scouted, performed rigorous film study of the Pats and the Pats other opponents, devised a game-specific plan around all that and executed it. And that's how they knew what the Pats were going to do, situationally, and how they won the game.

But the Pats are apparently incapable of doing that and can only win if they cheat by stealing playbooks or taping practices.

Got it.

Well, he's the dummy implying strongly that BB had people hanging out of trees in Jax filming their practices all week in February of 2005.
No he isn't , he's the guy that was told by Jim Johnson that the Pats knew their defensive signals and to change them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents