PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Pats have NOT ruled out bringing Cam back in 2021

Poor Cam was in the hole from the get - go. Cam had to play his 9 guys vs 11.

Some games, I would not see Harry until the 3rd quarter. I said to myself "Hey, look, Harry is playing today!" The Pats TEs are all blockers and are of no help in the pass game. Heading into this draft taking another TE would not be out of the question. The criteria is simple - Dont land on IR before game 1, be suited to comprehend the playbook (Gronk could and he is no Einstein) and catch the ball.

Poor Cam was in the hole from the get - go. Cam had to play his 9 guys vs 11.

Some games, I would not see Harry until the 3rd quarter. I said to myself "Hey, look, Harry is playing today!" The Pats TEs are all blockers and are of no help in the pass game. Heading into this draft taking another TE would not be out of the question. The criteria is simple - Dont land on IR before game 1, be suited to comprehend the playbook (Gronk could and he is no Einstein) and catch the ball.
It’s always the weapons are bad that’s why Cam played bad. I think this year it was clearly the other way around. Cam make our weapons looks worse than they really are.

they are not world beaters but they are better than that. It was pointed almost every game that the WR were open often. Cam never saw them because he cannot process or when he saw them he threw the ball in the ground or threw a missile over their heads.

And i honestly don’t know how you can expect a rookie player like Asiasi to develop with a QB this bad. I wouldn’t be one bit surprise if next year with a real QB he looks like a different player.

It’s always the weapons are bad that’s why Cam played bad. I think this year it was clearly the other way around. Cam make our weapons looks worse than they really are.

they are not world beaters but they are better than that. It was pointed almost every game that the WR were open often. Cam never saw them because he cannot process or when he saw them he threw the ball in the ground or threw a missile over their heads.

And i honestly don’t know how you can expect a rookie player like Asiasi to develop with a QB this bad. I wouldn’t be one bit surprise if next year with a real QB he looks like a different player.
No they aren’t better than that. Harry is a bust. This isn’t Patriots fans being hyperbolic. Across the league Harry is viewed as a major bust. Edelman was out nearly the entire year he was injured all of 2019 and needed surgery, he was IR’d in 2017 and he was out a huge chunk of 2015. He’s on his way out. Meyers is the best WR and he is at best a WR 3. He’s the best of a bad lot, but if he’s your top target you are in trouble. Byrd is at best a 4 nowadays and someone you want for an extra option with minimal coverage for like a dump off. Then the TE’s are people who if we cut them would have their career instantly end.

This is bad. WR’s effect QB stats not the other way around

It's not all on the weapons, it's the circumstances that lead to having no money/cap to bring in better talent and being forced to sign the best qb option in July.

All of it plays a huge part into what happened over the last 17 weeks.

It's not all on the weapons, it's the circumstances that lead to having no money/cap to bring in better talent and being forced to sign the best qb option in July.

All of it plays a huge part into what happened over the last 17 weeks.
It’s not all one or the other, however the idea that the weapons were held back by Cam and that he made them worse is inaccurate

Harry is 5hit. Id rather have Tebow rocking the 15.

Look at the Bills 2020 4th round pick Gabriel Davis. He is just getting started in the NFL Gabriel Davis Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The Pats new worthless TEs both got hurt, both did not get on the field and one does not need to suspend disbelief that the playbook wasnt the cause. When they finally did play, neither established himself as the answer at TE moving forward. Quite frankly, Keene and Asasai are on the Bust road that Harry is riding on now. Hurt, limited snaps and when playing look invisible.

Cam got shafted bigtime.

I have no idea why there is such obsession re this used-up waste of a roster space. White guilt? A passionate love of ladies' hats? A deep appreciation of the art of the phony excuse and the empty promise? No idea. And No thanks.

Since you brought it up, I'll say this, and I know I'll piss some white people off when I say it, but any other generic white QB would get at least one more season to redeem himself. The black guy who went to a Super Bowl and had a bad season this year? We gotta get him the **** out, even though our offense sucks. Downvote away.

Too bad bringing Cam back would not be 'doing the same thing and expecting something different'

NE would be bringing Cam back with a full off-season and a revamped roster and expecting something different

Two vastly different things
Yes I can't wait to have Cam throw the ball at the feet of expensive new receivers instead of the bums we have now.

Since you brought it up, I'll say this, and I know I'll piss some white people off when I say it, but any other generic white QB would get at least one more season to redeem himself. The black guy who went to a Super Bowl and had a bad season this year? We gotta get him the **** out, even though our offense sucks. Downvote away.
No, an other generic white QB would have be benched or cut if he was playing like Cam.

but it has nothing to do with skin color. Cam would have been benched at mid season if he was playing for one of the other 31 teams or the coach would have been fired.

He is 5 seasons removed from a super bowl. How did he only get one season to redeem himself?

No, an other generic white QB would have be benched or cut if he was playing like Cam.

Sure, but only after so many opportunities. How many seasons did it take Bengals to finally get rid of Andy Dalton? Sam Bradford's career shouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Matthew Stafford? It's really easy to name bad white QBs who get second, third, five million chances. You can disagree all you want, but it's true.

He is 5 seasons removed from a super bowl. How did he only get one season to redeem himself?

I mean here in NE, not anywhere else.

Most will never admit it..they'll hide behind his outfits and personality.

I mean here in NE, not anywhere else.
So he should be given multiple years to redeem himself because he went to a super bowl 5 years ago with a completely different team?

So he should be given multiple years to redeem himself because he went to a super bowl 5 years ago with a completely different team?
No, but definitely more than just one season, a season that dealt with a pandemic and no preseason. And before you say something like "Brady had to deal with the same issues" Brady's the ****ing GOAT and Buccs built the offense around him. They gave that man whatever he wanted. You want Antonio Brown? Done. You want Gronk? Done. Meanwhile, we have a Brady offense that Brady didn't even want, not an offense built around Cam. And that same offense lost its centerpiece when Edelman got injured.

Unless we strike gold in the draft and get a QB with huge potential, why not give Cam another season? Stidham is not our savior.

He was a near MVP contender in 2018. He was IR’d after two games last year. So really this is one bad year since his last great year. He’s coming back from a massive injury and was derailed with Covid and had the worst WR set in the league along with a new team with no off season (we all saw how long it took Brady to get going on a much better offense on a new team and we also saw how people were ready to call him washed with who he threw to last year)

Not saying he’s the answer, but most rational takes would acknowledge that he had a lot stacked against his favor this year. I would not be remotely surprised if another team with actual receivers gave Cam a shot and with another year and a full off season he came back looking decent.

However personally since we are in a rebuild we should bite the bullet and look for Mr. 15 years from now ant not Mr. can you keep us steady for a couple seasons.

No, but definitely more than just one season, a season that dealt with a pandemic and no preseason. And before you say something like "Brady had to deal with the same issues" Brady's the ****ing GOAT and Buccs built the offense around him. They gave that man whatever he wanted. You want Antonio Brown? Done. You want Gronk? Done. Meanwhile, we have a Brady offense that Brady didn't even want, not an offense built around Cam. And that same offense lost its centerpiece when Edelman got injured.

Unless we strike gold in the draft and get a QB with huge potential, why not give Cam another season? Stidham is not our savior.
neither is Cam
what do you expect from Cam with one full camp with the patriots?
he will start to see the field like a real qb for the first time in his career?
he will be moving like 5 years ago before he got banged up?
he will start throwing accurate passes and improve mechanics with a banged up non-reparable shoulder for the first time in his career?

thats not gona happen, Cam is washed and he won't do any better even if you put him in TB with all those offensive weapons, he is done and might be happy to end up somewhere were he can be a backup with no major playing time

I agree with most of what you said but my issue with Cam is he simply cannot make the throws. Offensive schemes aside he just can't throw the ball anymore. His mechanics look terrible and he constantly gets passes batted down at the line. I mean that Texans game he hit JJ Watt in the elbow when Watt raised his arm to bat it down. Cam is a large man who shouldn't need to catapult these throws but I think his shoulder is shot. I don't know why we didn't tailor the offense to him more and obviously provided him with no real weapons so his number look extremely bad but if it was just that I would say why not bring him back for another year? Unfortunately I just don't think he can physically do it anymore.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back