PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Pats have NOT ruled out bringing Cam back in 2021

Bro, I am NOT about to have another argument about why Dalton/Stafford/Bradford/Cutler/etc are no better than the black qbs I named. I'm not in the mood. Take your ******** somewhere else.

Edit: And you're 100% an *******. But I don't think you need anyone to remind you of that.
You did kind of throw it out there then never really back it up aside from saying "I think".

You did kind of throw it out there then never really back it up aside from saying "I think".
I didn't throw anything out there. Guy claimed white guilt was a reason people might want Cam to stay here, and I responded with white people are way too quick to get rid of him after one bad season and want him replaced with somebody like Stidham or another generic white QB who are no better (and in Stidham's case worse) than he is.

Then I was asked to name black qbs who didn't get to stay with one team 7+ seasons like the choke artists I named. But all of y'all only seem to care about stats like it's fantasy football. Which is why I said trash is still trash. You can big up Stafford and Dalton all you want, but they ain't clutch and they won't win you anything postseason. Dalton has only now just gotten demoted to backup. That took years. If those guys can stay in the league and do nothing for all these years (At one point, Stafford was the highest paid QB in the league), then all the black QBs I named should've gotten just as many chances as they have. That's my perspective and I'm staying with it, whether y'all like it or not.

Y'all on my ass like I said something about Tom Brady.

I didn't throw anything out there. Guy claimed white guilt was a reason people might want Cam to stay here, and I responded with white people are way too quick to get rid of him after one bad season and want him replaced with somebody like Stidham or another generic white QB who are no better than he is.

Then I was asked to name black qbs who didn't get to stay with one team 7+ seasons like the choke artists I named. But all of y'all only seem to care about stats like it's fantasy football. Which is why I said trash is still trash. You can big up Stafford and Dalton all you want, but they ain't clutch and they won't win you anything postseason. Dalton has only now just gotten demoted to backup. That took years. If those guys can stay in the league and do nothing for all these years (At one point, Stafford was the highest paid QB in the league), then all the black QBs I named should've gotten just as many chances as they have. That's my perspective and I'm staying with it, whether y'all like it or not.

I don't know why anyone would want Cam back. Black, white, whatever. He looks done physically. I also don't want Stidham. If he wasn't good enough to get a single start over this version of Cam then he will be lucky if he is on an NFL roster in a year or two.

In my previous response to you I talked on the QB's you mentioned and how most of them (outside of EJ Manuel) did get other chances to start elsewhere. RG3's career got derailed by Shanahan playing him with an already injured knee but did get his job back when his knee "healed" and kept it, when healthy, up until his last year in Washington when he got hurt in preseason. He also was given the starting job in Cleveland once he left Washington. Tyrod Taylor has been given three different opportunities to start as was Jason Campbell. Teddy Bridgewater was given another chance to start this year as well.

Say what you want about Dalton but he was the quarterback of a team that went to the playoffs his first 5 seasons. Even when the team started to suck his stats were still generally about the same. Also say what you want about stats, but for a team like the Bengals that were a laughing stock for so long I doubt they were in a rush to shove a guy out who was "leading" his team to the playoffs his first 5 years. That and the fact that the owner is the most notoriously cheap owner in the league and has pretty much made it known he would rather pay you to be bad then pay you to go away. Dalton also wasn't handed a starting job when he left Cincy the way RG3, and Tyrod Taylor were when they left their teams so I am not sure why Dalton is your bastion of injustice.

Moral of the story is I think almost everyone would jump at the chance to get Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, or Russell Wilson. If someone didn't want one of those guys then I could see some sort of racial bias.

I don't want Cam back...not because he is black, but because he can't throw accurately or run an NFL offense well IMO. I'd happily take Mahomes, or Russell Wilson so...not a race issue. Of the guys you mentioned...Stafford isn't getting fair props IMO. He is a tough SOB, Gamer, and can sling it. He has been on a TERRIBLE team his entire career. I'd take him in a second. Though I admit, my handle probably gives away that I am not 100% unbiased on DGD(Damned Good Dawg) Matt Stafford.

This guy is a clown of the highest order. Worst starting QB in the league and he wants to take shots and Brady for being a system QB.

Maybe Bill was secretly trying to tank this whole time

I don't want Cam back...not because he is black, but because he can't throw accurately or run an NFL offense well IMO. I'd happily take Mahomes, or Russell Wilson so...not a race issue. Of the guys you mentioned...Stafford isn't getting fair props IMO. He is a tough SOB, Gamer, and can sling it. He has been on a TERRIBLE team his entire career. I'd take him in a second. Though I admit, my handle probably gives away that I am not 100% unbiased on DGD(Damned Good Dawg) Matt Stafford.
I have always liked Stafford as well. I think he is tough and plays through injuries and seems like a pretty good leader. The Lions have been a train wreck of a franchise for pretty much ever and have drafted pretty poorly in addition to hiring some bad coaches.

Hear me out here, Fellas....

Cam Newton at tight end!

The dude is 6'5" and 245lbs...and ran a 4.59 at the combine. Gronk was 6'6", 265lbs., and ran 4.66 at the combine.

Not only would he be a TE...he could also be a hybrid running back...and even toss some passes now and then....

Dunno if Cam would go for a late career change to TE...but he showed good hands on Sunday.....he would be the "move" TE and back up wild cat QB...kinda like Taysom Hill....with less passing.

OK, I am gonna shut up now.

Cam Newton at tight end!

The dude is 6'5" and 245lbs...and ran a 4.59 at the combine. Gronk was 6'6", 265lbs., and ran 4.66 at the combine.

Not only would he be a TE...he could also be a hybrid running back...and even toss some passes now and then....

Dunno if Cam would go for a late career change to TE...but he showed good hands on Sunday.....he would be the "move" TE and back up wild cat QB...kinda like Taysom Hill....with less passing.

It's not a bad idea at all...and athletically he could pull it off. But...it won't happen because of that old thing known as QB ego. Hell, Tebow hadn't done jack and walked away rather than convert to TE where he probably would have been solid.

Cam Newton at tight end!

yeah that was in 2011, in 2021 his 40 is around 6.5, he is slow, even fat DL chase him down

I have always liked Stafford as well. I think he is tough and plays through injuries and seems like a pretty good leader. The Lions have been a train wreck of a franchise for pretty much ever and have drafted pretty poorly in addition to hiring some bad coaches.
He is tough but he’s been hangin real close to ohio for too long to trust him

Wouldn't be a shock if Scam does return...Billy no longer does what's best for the T-E-A-M; he just wants to coach & hire people he "likes" now... Jonathan needs to keep a very, Very close eye on this coup attempt...

Last edited:
I didn't throw anything out there. Guy claimed white guilt was a reason people might want Cam to stay here, and I responded with white people are way too quick to get rid of him after one bad season and want him replaced with somebody like Stidham or another generic white QB who are no better (and in Stidham's case worse) than he is.

So football decisions should be made by color? Black QBs who suck should be given jobs even though they suck and white QBs who don’t win championships should have their head on a pire? Perhaps you should just see what’s wrong in your thinking and recognize they are QBs and judged by ability and to segregate them into black and white is racist. Don’t be racist.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back