PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sooooooo many injuries this year in the NFL

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there way too many injuries this year.

Sam Bradford
Cushing
Wilfork
Cutler
Mayo
Amendola
Foster
Reggie Wayne
Finley
Doug Martin
Jarvis Jones
Roddy White
Steven Jackson
Sanchez

Sucks to see so many injuries..........

well...at least there won't be any more injuries from pushing the pile on field goals...GOOD JOB OMISSIONER!!! Go Rog!!~

Well..yeah. Probably shoud just say **** it to the regular season, get playoff spot and have everybody healthy for a run.

That seems to be the formula of a championship team these days. Being in the right spot at the right time.

Well..yeah. Probably shoud just say **** it to the regular season, get playoff spot and have everybody healthy for a run.

That seems to be the formula of a championship team these days. Being in the right spot at the right time.
Agree completely, Packers ,Giants,Ravens all were pretty banged up in teh regular season and then somehow got into the playoffs and then went on to win the SB.

If i am not wrong the teams that have not lost a lot of starters to injuries are the ones dominating right now i.e Kansas,Donkeys,Colts,49ers and Seahawks.

I think Roger should consider 14 game seasons rather than 18 game ones :D

well...at least there won't be any more injuries from pushing the pile on field goals...GOOD JOB OMISSIONER!!! Go Rog!!~

You do know that the NFLPA voted this year on the new rule regarding pushing a fellow player during a FG or EP, right Joe?

I didn't know it...are you saying YOU did? Produce the post with a time stamp...

I didn't know it...are you saying YOU did? Produce the post with a time stamp...

Yep,it was discussed on a radio show this evening,the announcers were saying this was a new rule voted by the NFLPA just brought up into the league as players were worried that their own teammate might actually cause injury to another by a sudden push in the back resulting in a head,neck or back injury.

Its a dumb rule and cost us this game but as fans we can't control dumb votes ... dumb votes don't just reside in politics anymore,its in sports.

Yep,it was discussed on a radio show this evening,the announcers were saying this was a new rule voted by the NFLPA just brought up into the league as players were worried that their own teammate might actually cause injury to another by a sudden push in the back resulting in a head,neck or back injury.

Its a dumb rule and cost us this game but as fans we can't control dumb votes ... dumb votes don't just reside in politics anymore,its in sports.

jeezus...c'mon man...the The NFL Board of Commisions make all the rules for the NFL. Who the hell were you listening to, Joe Bob and Billy Ray Crackerbarrel? The NFLPA has ZERO to do with voting to make or change rules.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2012 - Rule Book.pdf

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Colts fear WR Reggie Wayne tore his ACL, as @mortreport reported. Will be an MRI to confirm if true.

I think the reduced padded practices in both the preseason and regular season may have an adverse affect on player safety. It seems since they implemented this new schedule, the amount of serious, season ending injuries have gone up exponentially. I think the lack of full go practices are ruining tackling techniques.

Colts fear WR Reggie Wayne tore his ACL, as @mortreport reported. Will be an MRI to confirm if true.

Too bad. At his age (he will be 35 in less than a month), it could be a career ender. Don't want to see a guy go out like this. Not a fan of Wayne since he was always a thorn in the Pats' side, but you don't want to see anyone go out like this.

It is also a big blow to the Colts. Wayne has gotten nearly a third of the Colts' receiving yards (31.9%) and 27.9% of their receptions.

Feel bad for the guy, he has played over a 100 games without missing a single one.

The Colts are hard to fear with Hilton and Heyward-Bey as their starting receivers. Richardson/Brown are pretty crappy RBs too.

Brian Cushing is gone again? Wow. As a preseason contender, the Texans were struggling with him at 2-4. This is looking like a horrific season without him at 2-5.

it was proposed by the players and the league accepted the rule change, for "safety". so if the nflpa never proposed it, no rule change

I don't know why this is such a problem with you people. He did NOT print what you just posted. THIS is what he printed as FACT

You do know that the NFLPA voted this year on the new rule regarding pushing a fellow player during a FG or EP, right Joe?

NO. The NFLPA voted on NOTHING. Goodell's competition committee voted it in.

I don't know why this is such a problem with you people. He did NOT print what you just posted. THIS is what he printed as FACT

NO. The NFLPA voted on NOTHING. Goodell's competition committee voted it in.

i never referred to his post. i was stating what i read/heard on its own. thanks.

"Injuries? Concussions? Screw all that! What the fans want is an 18-game regular season, expanded playoffs, and permanent teams in England!"

Attachments

• goodevil.jpg
    goodevil.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 57
I think the reduced padded practices in both the preseason and regular season may have an adverse affect on player safety. It seems since they implemented this new schedule, the amount of serious, season ending injuries have gone up exponentially. I think the lack of full go practices are ruining tackling techniques.

excellent post! :agree:

Agree completely, Packers ,Giants,Ravens all were pretty banged up in teh regular season and then somehow got into the playoffs and then went on to win the SB.

If i am not wrong the teams that have not lost a lot of starters to injuries are the ones dominating right now i.e Kansas,Donkeys,Colts,49ers and Seahawks.

I think Roger should consider 14 game seasons rather than 18 game ones :D

Colts got hit last night with several injuries. Their center and Reggie Wayne both looked bad, and Butler and two other DBs had leg injuries that could nag and nag...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back