PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel recovering from foot surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...and what's worse is that we could have and should have had Nick Chubb & AJ Brown, if our grocery-shoppers had a clue...We would've been playing for the AFCC, at the very least...

Patriots’ front office named among the toughest, smartest negotiators in the NFL

Luckily, the head of the team’s football department is not just among the toughest but also the smartest general managers in football.

“Without a doubt because of productivity and getting the team to the playoffs, it’s Belichick,” one scout answered when asked about his take on the smartest front office members in the league. “You know he has the final say. Any guy that could put his team continually in the playoffs while drafting at the end of the first round every year is a genius. I’m a firm believer in the ‘Patriot Way.’”

“It’s not even close. Light Years ahead of everybody. Maybe even collectively,” added another agent.

" Maybe even collectively", LMAO.
I know it was a bit of hyperbole, but the fact he even said it is hilarious.
And probably true.

Patriots’ front office named among the toughest, smartest negotiators in the NFL

Luckily, the head of the team’s football department is not just among the toughest but also the smartest general managers in football.

“Without a doubt because of productivity and getting the team to the playoffs, it’s Belichick,” one scout answered when asked about his take on the smartest front office members in the league. “You know he has the final say. Any guy that could put his team continually in the playoffs while drafting at the end of the first round every year is a genius. I’m a firm believer in the ‘Patriot Way.’”

“It’s not even close. Light Years ahead of everybody. Maybe even collectively,” added another agent.
That was with Brady. Let's see how it works with average to above average QB play.

And you should see how the 49ers structure contracts since Shanahan and Lynch have taken over. It's a clinic.

Last edited:
That was with Brady. Let's see how it works with average to above average QB play.

And you should see how the 49ers structure contracts since Shanahan and Lynch have taken over. It's a clinic.

Can't wait to find out. I'm confident that with BB leading them, the Pats will be just fine without Brady. We'll know for sure three years from now.

As others have pointed out, Brady was not the GOAT during their first three championships. Coaching and the defense were the driving forces behind those titles. That's a fact.

As others have pointed out, Brady was not the GOAT during their first three championships. Coaching and the defense were the driving forces behind those titles. That's a fact.
And those defenses almost collapsed in all 3.

Offense stunk in '01 Super Bowl (which shouldn't surprise anyone) and the Rams D was really tough. D gave the O 7 points and led 17-3 in the 4th Q, but gave the lead up. Brady led the game winning drive.

'03 defense choked away a lead twice, but Brady/Vinateri bailed them out.

'04 defense gave up a late game TD and needed an on sides kick recovery to seal it. Brady was way better that year than people give him credit for. This was the year he pretty much became the elite level QB we knew for many years.

And those defenses almost collapsed in all 3.

Offense stunk in '01 Super Bowl (which shouldn't surprise anyone) and the Rams D was really tough. D gave the O 7 points and led 17-3 in the 4th Q, but gave the lead up. Brady led the game winning drive.

'03 defense choked away a lead twice, but Brady/Vinateri bailed them out.

'04 defense gave up a late game TD and needed an on sides kick recovery to seal it. Brady was way better that year than people give him credit for. This was the year he pretty much became the elite level QB we knew for many years.
Your criticism is “almost (but didn’t) collapse” against the 2nd best team in the nfl while winning the Sb? Sounds like a complement to me.

Your criticism is “almost (but didn’t) collapse” against the 2nd best team in the nfl while winning the Sb? Sounds like a complement to me.
”Almost” meaning 3 out 3 Super Bowls. They were on the verge of collapsing a 3rd time against the Eagles. Special teams sealed the deal.

It’s not a complement.

”Almost” meaning 3 out 3 Super Bowls. They were on the verge of collapsing a 3rd time against the Eagles. Special teams sealed the deal.

It’s not a complement.
They won. All 3.

They won. All 3.
Offense won the game in ‘01 after D gave up lead.

Offense won the game in ‘03 when D gave up lead twice.

I already explained the other game.

D collapsed, offense/special teams bailed them out all 3 times.

Offense won the game in ‘01 after D gave up lead.

Offense won the game in ‘03 when D gave up lead twice.

I already explained the other game.

D collapsed, offense/special teams bailed them out all 3 times.
The defense held the greatest show on turf to 17 and scored 7. One of the greatest SB performances by a defense in history.
You TRIED to explain the eagle game but failed. Protecting a 10 point lead with 5:40 to go they allowed a 4 minute Td drive then when the offense couldn’t burn a minute 47, the defense went 1 yard, incomplete, int.

Is this what we are doing now, assigning blame for winning SBs?

The two Super Bowl losses to the Giants the offense scored 14 and 15 point (safety to start the game) and turned the ball over. Tom only has 6 rings because the defense gave him a chance.... you win as a team, you lose as a team.

The Patriots have fielded some of the best, most well rounded teams for two decades, great defenses and special teams. TEAM wins Super Bowls, the notion that franchise QB's alone win Super Bowls is fanboy garbage.

In 2016 Tom doesn't get by the Texans if the defense and Dion Lewis (3 TD's) doesn't carry the team, Tom wasn't good. TEAM...

just another dissatisfied 20 year customer , Andy..,.it's the new social paradigm brandished by the "it's all your fault I'm unhappy" generation.

Okay you win. Our last five draft classes have been studs. The machine will keep rolling along.
Our last 5 draft classes won 5 division titles, 62 regular season games, 9 playoff games, 3 afccs and 2 SBs.
I’d say we did just fine.

Our last 5 draft classes won 5 division titles, 62 regular season games, 9 playoff games, 3 afccs and 2 SBs.
I’d say we did just fine.
Sigh

Sorry I thought the point of drafting was to win football games, make the playoffs and win championships.
I forgot the real point is having people who don’t understand that say the think it was a good draft.

Drafted this guy over Jackson, Ridley, Moore, and Chubb LOL

Last edited:
This year is big for the last 2 classes. Plenty of guys are going to be playing huge roles. From OL to secondary. Big test.

YC is probably one of the more important players on the team rn. If he's that guy opposite Wynn we could have top 10 OL.

This year is big for the last 2 classes. Plenty of guys are going to be playing huge roles. From OL to secondary. Big test.

YC is probably one of the more important players on the team rn. If he's that guy opposite Wynn we could have top 10 OL.
Yeah we cant afford to get nothing out of these guys the way we have out of a lot of the recent rookie classes. We need some of these higher round picks to play well with all the snaps they are likely to see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News