PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony Michel Injury (update: Expected to Play Week 10 vs Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Kupp had a nasty knee injury last week and came back, albeit ineffective and is out this week so there is still some hope.

The Pats won the opener in 08 against Kansas City. Were you excited coming out of that win?

Are you really comparing losing Tom Brady to an ACL to losing Sony Michel?

The lengths people will go to try to justify their previous *****ing is insane.

How stoked were you when Sony got injured? "Sweet, I get to try to make this about me being right on the internet."

Yeah I saw that. Doesn’t say one way or the other. I more meant a reporter getting some info as to fear or hope.
Hopefully Schefter or someone will report that the team thinks they escaped a season ending situation. I think that would be good news. Best case they still need another back for coming weeks. Hill, Burkhead, Michel, White is now a committee of 1.

Hopefully Schefter or someone will report that the team thinks they escaped a season ending situation. I think that would be good news. Best case they still need another back for coming weeks. Hill, Burkhead, Michel, White is now a committee of 1.

Barner looked decent today I would say but you are right...maybe Webb lol?

# 39 Barner sure seems to go down with the first bit of contact.

I could have sworn that the Pats retired that number.

Team reported him out with a knee injury. Specifically, his left knee by video, which is the bad knee coming out of college and had surgery during pre-season.
I don’t think surgery was ever confirmed. It was announced as a “procedure” which may have been draining fluid.

Im not concerned. BB will pull some strings and figure someway to keep the run game going.

Barner is ok, but they still don't trust him enough to give him the ball at the end of the game. White does everything better. IIwould like to see them sign a bigger back who can break tackles and pick up short yardage situations. Webb isn't that. Farrow (PS) is.

Last edited:

Barner is # 38

I don’t think surgery was ever confirmed. It was announced as a “procedure” which may have been draining fluid.
It was not confirmed but strongly implied and interpreted that way by several docs. The recovery time was inconsistent with just fluid drain. Also said they cleaned out the knee. That suggests a scope, which is also consistent with his recovery time. Could have been an injection as well, but more than a drain.

Doctor Worried About Sony Michel's Career

Questions about health of Patriots running backs

Last edited:
Getting him out of rhythm is to blame as well. They were running the ball well, then decided to start throwing.

That makes about as much sense as blaming aliens or Bigfoot.

Injured in college, missed almost all of camp with an injury suffered in the NFL, game time decision last week, injured this week

If he were a 2nd round DB, people would be writing him off as a bust.

He had an injury as a freshman and an injury in the SEC Title game. The Injury in the SEC Title game caused him to miss the final quarter. But he was able to go against the Sooners in the Rose Bowl for 15 touches, 222 yards and 4 TDs..

Here is the list of his injuries:
2014 - Freshman at Georgia - he sprained his ankle and missed four games with a mysterious shoulder injury in 2014,
2015 - re-injured the same shoulder during camp in 2015
- played with a slight fracture in his hand that same season
2016 - broke his forearm in an ATV accident over Fourth of July weekend
2017 - sprained his ankle again in 2017.

2018 - Injured the meniscus in TC that required a procedure to deal with it already.

The Pats won the opener in 08 against Kansas City. Were you excited coming out of that win?
I'm excited EVERY season...how is this LOST on you? You root day by day? Stick your Aaaron Rodgers doll where the sun don't shine. Sick of you ADHD riddled know-it-alls always shytting on this team.

They released Webb prior to the KC game and brought in Farrow.

Barner is #38..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST