PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Somewhat OT: Jakobi Meyers says he didn't feel respect playing here

Wasn't Mahomes taken at 10?

our whole second dynasty was built drafting outside of the "top picks" this idea unless we have a high pick you cant find any talent is pure myth created by the "bill honk" crowd to excuse his poor drafting the past few years.

Bill refusing to budge off his "value" based system leaving us with Parker/juju instead of Hopkins/Meyers is indicative of why he is no longer here.

Last edited:
Inb4 people disregard direct quotes from an ex player because "iTs FeLgEr AnD mAzZ".

What is the meaning of mixing upper-/lower-case letters? I've been seeing this quite a bit here lately.

He was a far better player than Bill was a GM, maybe a coach. Firing Bill was the right thing to do. I guess we can move on now, eh?

What is the meaning of mixing upper-/lower-case letters? I've been seeing this quite a bit here lately.
It's like that rising inflection thing that went rampant amongst ladies of the hair-flipping set, or Valley Girl Speak. It will pass, to be replaced with some equally silly linguistic fad. Recall the period when ending sentences with "not!" was a thing. Or, worst of all, the "Riight?" thing. I always lower my estimation of person's IQ by 15 points when I hear that one. Yes, I was an English major.

The silver lining in this is that it seems that much of the Patriots’ cheapness is on Belichick. There is no way Kraft told Belichick he couldn’t have a million dollars more to keep Meyers. This is a positive for the Patriots going forward with being aggressive in acquiring talent.

I was never all that impressed with Meyers. He is a good receiver, but nothing special. But then again, he would have easily been the best WR on the Pats last year, at least after Bourne went down.

Did you just say it makes Jokobi look bad cuz he wanted that extra milly? ummmmm
$10 mill/yr in Mass nets approximately $5.2 mill after taxes (Fed, State + Mass Millionaires tax, SS, Med)
$11 Mill/yr in Nevada nets approximately $6.7 mill after taxes (Fed, SS, Med)

Over the 3 year contract, Meyers keeps an extra $4.5 mill after taxes

Note: To net the equivalent after tax dollars of the $11 mill/yr Nevada contract, a Massachusetts contract needs to be $12.9 mill

If Meyers had been offered $11 mill/yr offer from NE and he signed, he would have foregone an extra $1 mill/yr in after tax savings compared to Nevada.

Last edited:
That's the previous administration. Woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't really matter. They messed up with the Meyers/Juju thing. If they would have kept Meyers would that have saved their season? No. Does it matter going forward? Not really (we have to see if they keep Juju and if they don't what will he bring to the table next year).
Would have been nice to have Meyers for the next QB tho. He was pretty good at moving the sticks.

It's like that rising inflection thing that went rampant amongst ladies of the hair-flipping set, or Valley Girl Speak. It will pass, to be replaced with some equally silly linguistic fad. Recall the period when ending sentences with "not!" was a thing. Or, worst of all, the "Riight?" thing. I always lower my estimation of person's IQ by 15 points when I hear that one. Yes, I was an English major.

I figured it was a derisive/sarcastic mode of some sort, just wanted a user to explain since it appears generationally specific. My guess: it's related to texting but could be mistaken for dyslexia. My judgment: those who use it are snarky dinks. (I was an English major too, BTW; my saving grace was minoring in journalism.) ;)

I posted the thread based on what the Tweet said. Nothing about it was factually incorrect. You can either ignore the thread or come on in and feel free to whine. Either way the world goes on.
No whining here, just pointing out that you started this thread in an inflammatory manner, using an out-of-context quote...then turned around and started slagging on "Team Bill" (itself a slag).

Is that how you want it to be around here? Everything through that antagonistic prism? Brady's retired, BB is gone, and the team's got a tough climb in front of it.

So let's just view everything through the snarl of TB v BB. Wafreakinghoo.

No whining here, just pointing out that you started this thread in an inflammatory manner, using an out-of-context quote...then turned around and started slagging on "Team Bill" (itself a slag).

Is that how you want it to be around here? Everything through that antagonistic prism? Brady's retired, BB is gone, and the team's got a tough climb in front of it.

So let's just view everything through the snarl of TB v BB. Wafreakinghoo.
There's a whole bunch of guys that are so married to the Bill v Tom thing that they cannot move on. It's become part of their online persona.

We were too busy respecting the process itself

There's a whole bunch of guys that are so married to the Bill v Tom thing that they cannot move on. It's become part of their online persona.

Righteous "Us vs. Them" tribalism. It started with culture wars, infected politics and now extends to pretty much everything, including business and interpersonal relations. Then, after a period of time, revisionist history flips the narrative. At some point we'll see Tom blamed for leaving the Patriots and precipitating BB's dismissal. :cool:

Last edited:
$10 mill/yr in Mass nets approximately $5.2 mill after taxes (Fed, State + Mass Millionaires tax, SS, Med)

Note: To net the equivalent after tax dollars of the $11 mill/yr Nevada contract, a Massachusetts contract needs to be $12.9 mill

If Meyers had been offered $11 mill/yr offer from NE and he signed, he would have foregone an extra $1 mill/yr in after tax savings compared to Nevada.
It's not like a state not having income tax means they give that money up. Other taxes are just higher. It all works out in the end.

Mazz & Felger are holding a number of Pats fans hostage.

That's fine. I still find it interesting to hear the perspective from the players, given we hear very little out of Foxboro. At least until these past 2 seasons.
Clearly the last few years have changed the dynamic in Foxboro. I think some of it is that losing on the field creates a lot of frustration within the team and fan base so there is a more of an audience for negative news. Once the tea is spilled, stories have a life of their own. During the glory days disgruntled players, or coaches, were quickly dismissed, or rationalized away by the fanbase who were happy about the team and not interested in anything that threatened the status quo.

Athletes have to file taxes in states where the games are played. So the Mass taxes apply for a Raider if they play the Patriots in Mass. A player in LV plays at least one game each year in California, Missouri, and Colorado - all have taxes that would apply to them.

I really like Jakobi but we need dynamic difference makers at WR. Jakobi is good but we need a #1 and one more difference maker like Douglas. We don't need Jakobi during the rebuild. I am glad he is happy. $1M a year or total doesn't matter, we need explosive guys at WR. Douglas is the beginning of a change.
It is what it is but I look at it and think we if we snag the #1 receiver in the draft you could have had a #1/Meyers/Douglas.

That would settle the receiver position entirely. Instead of just needing the #1 we now need to double dip for two starting receivers including a star player to go along with Douglas.

Meyers would’ve been a perfect second or third guy. If we have shown a capacity to draft receivers it wouldn’t bug me as much, but that’s yet to be seen with the new regime.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back