PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

some skins fans believe it can happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys RUN, but your main RB is injured and the backups haven't been THAT successful have they?

I mean I'm sure we can stop the backups.

Maroney is back and Morris had two 100 yard games before he got hurt. So in conclusion you probably can't stop our starter or our back-up.

Last edited:
The level of arrogance here is simply amazing. Lest any of us Pats fans forget 2001...how many people gave us a chance against the Rams? NO ONE expected us to beat them, let alone in the Super Bowl. 3 Lombardi trophies later and we all seem to have become senile. :bricks:

P.S. Cheers to the classy 'Skins fans who showed up here to talk football instead of troll. You guys don't deserve the attitude you've gotten so far.

Last edited:
so then we will sit back like we did against Detroit and rush 4.

That is actually how the Skins are likely to play it. One thing to look for...Anthony Montgomery is a mountain (6'6"). If he can stay on his feet, he could be disruptive with tipped passes and obstructing Brady's sight lines across the middle. The Pats would be well served to keep him off balance and keep the passing lanes clean.

I'm so embarassed by some of the Pats fans in this thread. The Redskins fans didn't say anything negative about the Patriots. Time to grow up.
thanks, heres a beer from me to you for a great clean game :eat3:

I'm so embarassed by some of the Pats fans in this thread. The Redskins fans didn't say anything negative about the Patriots. Time to grow up.

Suggesting that they can hold our offense to 17 points is pretty offensive ;)

Last edited:
I know you guys RUN, but your main RB is injured and the backups haven't been THAT successful have they?

I mean I'm sure we can stop the backups.

Stop the backups ? Your not familiar with our running game, it's abilities or it's current state.

Ok here is the deal, are we arrogant? Maybe, but you have to understand for the last several years we have had people come here to tell us how overrated we are, how they are going to beat us, even tell us our weaknesses and how they were going to game plan it... Only to generally lose to us and usually by doing what they said we can't. Charger fans come to mind.

My point is we see this and deal with it week in and week out, so our patience are non-existent at this point. Most come here using the guise of being civil only to show their true colors shortly after. So now we don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt and one of two things happen, 1) They leave (trolls) 2) The civil ones stick around, deal with the abuse for a few days, but continue to ignore the abuse and talk football slowly gaining acceptance. There is a third type, the troll that just doesn't go away (He Ban Me, Frezo something and jcdavey are examples).

The level of arrogance here is simply amazing. Lest any of us Pats fans forget 2001...how many people gave us a chance against the Rams? NO ONE expected us to beat them, let alone in the Super Bowl. 3 Lombardi trophies later and we all seem to have become senile. :bricks:

P.S. Cheers to the classy 'Skins fans who showed up here to talk football instead of troll. You guys don't deserve the attitude you've gotten so far.

Ditto.

I'm all for people being confident, but outright mocking opposing fans because they think their team might win? :bricks:

:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by TomBradyWoot

agreed. We didn't say anything offensive and weren't trying to troll in any way.

Suggesting that they can hold our offense to 17 points is pretty offensive ;)
ok i'll be more realistic about that...being that the most that has been scored on us is 24...i'll give the pats 31, and being we cant seem to score more then say 24 on average...that gives you the win, however, something tells me our O will step up this week, not sure why but i feel it

ok i'll be more realistic about that...being that the most that has been scored on us is 24...i'll give the pats 31, and being we cant seem to score more then say 24 on average...that gives you the win, however, something tells me our O will step up this week, not sure why but i feel it

but then again i felt a 34-13 win over the cards and we saw how that went

Bottom line is this:

The Skins' are gonna have to fight for a win. No laying back and trying to get an easy one. The 2007 Patriots are easily the best team the NFL has seen in years. I think the Colts have never been this good and will forever be overrated. The Pats are scary.

The Skins' Defense needs to show up and play with passion. They need to lay out some big hits on that deadly WR core that you guys have.

As for the offense, they can't lay an egg like they did last week and expect to win. That was just pathetic. Campbell needs to have a game as good as or better than his performance against Detroit. That's easier said than done considering your D is ten times what the Lions have.

It's going to be a good one, and I really don't see you guys blowing us out. I see us getting the W though.

Good luck and may the best team win.

Last edited:
Maroney is back and Morris had two 100 yard games before he got hurt. So in conclusion you probably can't stop our starter or our back-up.

Well we haven't allowed an 100 yard rusher yet so I don't see why it would happen this week especially against RB's that aren't what I would call "elite". I suspect you guys will pass for than you run this week, which is usually the case.

And are only allowing 80.7 TOTAL rush yard per game.

Neither fan base has covered itself in glory in this thread, although I'd agree that the Patriots fans were worse. Let's hope this nonsense settles down and football can be discussed.

It seems that there is definitely a line between confidence and ****iness/arrogance.

Pats fans have crossed it.

Let's see...idiots like Peter King and Greg Easterbrook (and others) have taken a common practice and made it out to be Watergate II. Fan boards from across the country post threads like "why we hate the Patriots" and "Why we hate Tom Brady" among others.

The Patriots...OUR Patriots, have been attacked like no other team in league history while other past rule violators were hardly ever criticized.

And....YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL US ARROGANT & COKKY?:rolleyes:

Go post somewhere else if you don't like it. Frankly, I think we've remained fairly humble for a fan base who has experienced all of the above.

P.S. It's ok for us to be cokky & arrogant ON OUR OWN BOARD.:eek:

Hope that explains things for you.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. I was at the MNF game last night, and there were some obnoxious Colts fans there. I kept saying to myself, 'Pats fans would never act like that. We act like we belong on top.'

Please don't prove me wrong. :(

Let's see...idiots like Peter King and Greg Easterbrook (and others) have taken a common practice and made it out to be Watergate II. Fan boards from across the country post threads like "why we hate the Patriots" and "Why we hate Tom Brady" among others.

The Patriots...OUR Patriots, have been attacked like no other team in league history while other past rule violators were hardly ever criticized.

Go post somewhere else if you don't like it. Frankly, I think we've remained fairly humble for a fan base who has experienced all of the above.

Exactly.

Most of the Redskins fans here mean well, I'm sure, but they are woefully ignorant of to whom they are speaking.

They have no idea of the torrent of trolls from all over the world that we have had the pleasure of listening to the past 7 weeks. I invite them to use their imaginations.

Until they have that understanding, perhaps these classy folks [who have been able to post immediately - - unlike Extremeskins where they make you wait two weeks while they "check you out"] should be a bit more grateful for the quick and free way they are allowed to post here.........and hold back on their "lessons of civility". On this board, we let it rip on opinions - - personal namecalling and threats are not allowed, politics is not allowed and disrespectful trolling is not allowed. Other than that, we invite and appreciate your involvement.

Really? How bout this one:

It seems that there is definitely a line between confidence and ****iness/arrogance.

Pats fans have crossed it.

One thing you'll learn as you grow older is that it is impossible to be "so embarassed" by others. One can only feel their own embarassment...and damn it, you should feel embarassed by your own comments.

We're not here for "lively football banter over tea & crumpets". This is football talk. If you don't have the testorsterone for it...well hell, I can't help you!:eek:

Last edited:
My 2 cents:

1. I agree with those who lambasted Pats fans who, without reason, blasted Skin fans who visited this board. It was simply uncalled for. This board loses a lot of good discussion possibilities when it dismisses other teams' fans with the PRESUMPTION that they are Trollers. My apologies to them

2. ANY team in the NFL can beat ANY other team on a given day. The Redskins are a good team (at least in the NFC ;) ), and can certainly win on Sunday.....if the Pats play poorly and the Redskins play a perfect game.

3. This is certainly the best test the Pats passing offense will get so far. I think their strategy will be to try and generate a pass rush with just the front Four with occassional blitzes from a LB.

Using mostly nickel packages, I think they will try to funnel the Passing routes into the middle of the field where they are the strongest. They will allow the Pats to catch some balls with the intention of getting so physical with them, that by the end of the game Pats WRs won't want to venture into that area of the field.

Against the run they will try and make the Pats recently non-existent running game beat them, by only playing 6 and 7 men in the box.

I think that they understand that the Pats WILL gain their yards, but they will hope that trips into the read zone will result in FGs not TDs. They longer they stay close in the game the more their physical play on our WRs will play in their favor.

On offense their game plan will be to run the ball and playaction pass off the run. We haven't played the run well the last few games, AND Portis is the kind of slashing RB that has the most success against us. Betts has also been a good RB this season. Its a nice 1-2 punch.

Joe Gibbs and his DC will give his team a game plan that THEY will believe they can hold the Pats to under 20 points. Whether it works or not will be found out on Sunday, but the Skins will go on the field believing that it will.

4. Here is why it WON'T work.

a. The game ISN'T in DC. This would be MUCH more difficult in Washington. That's a very tough crowd to play infront of.

b. Even without Watson, the Pats just have too many options for the skins to cover Moss, Stallworth, AND Welker.

c. The Skins front line WILL NOT get to Brady consistantly enough to throw off his rhythm. The OL including Kyle Brady has been excellent in protecting Brady. Washington's DL isn't better than Dallas', and they couldn't consistantly get to Brady. Granted a sack or 2 should be expected, but not more. And it will take more to get the job done

d. We will witness the rebirth of the Pats run game this week, especially in the first half of the game. Once THAT happens the skins will HAVE to compensate and the flood gates of the Passing attack will open.

BOTTOM LINE - The skins will be the toughest test to date, but a fairly close game will open up in the 4th quarter and the Pats will prevail 31-13

JMHO

The behavior towards non-Patriots fans has been becoming more and more shameful lately. Frankly, it's pathetic, and it places all of us in a bad light. Being angry because the media has been a joke does not excuse being troll-like in behavior towards fans of other teams. Some of them are trolls and deserve to be treated as such. Others, however, deserve far better than they have received.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back