PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder watch / EDIT: Solder to NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
First this supposedly a BAD draft for OLmen. Any so-called, plug and play rookies that ARE available will be long gone before 31. Add that to the fact that the Pats drafted the LT of the future last season. I doubt that there will be anyone that will be at 31 will be a better prospect than Garcia is right now.

Damn, been a while PFK. Hope sll is well.

bppZ3.gif

I don't think LT is “plug-in-and-play“ for any rookie. They have 2 rookie tackles already (Garcia & Jelks - since they both missed whole season + Croston who Dante put as a G first). They need a solid vet to give them time to grow.

See below.

I do not want a first year player protecting Brady's blindside.

See below.

First this supposedly a BAD draft for OLmen. Any so-called, plug and play rookies that ARE available will be long gone before 31. Add that to the fact that the Pats drafted the LT of the future last season. I doubt that there will be anyone that will be at 31 will be a better prospect than Garcia is right now.

Comments:

- Matt Light was a 2nd round pick who was "plugged in", IIRC? I seem to remember us having Klemm around that time. Then again, Bledsoe got killed....

- Yes, I want Brady upright.

- However, not paying Solder 13M has its benefits...like Suh, a #2/3 CB, some pass rushers, a RB, and etc...

- We could get by with Cannon & one of Fleming/Waddle, and Dwayne Allen chip blocking. At least, until Garcia gets up to weight....

Dunno....

Edit: I see that Light did not start week 1 in 2001....that was Grant Williams, but Light did start week 2.

Solder and his agent are not allowed to schedule any visits before legal f/a begins. Florio said the vikings could be in trouble as Cousins said he was going to visit the Vikings. He also said he checked with the league and they confirmed that doing so would be a violation.

God, if you are the KFFL Hyped then it HAS been a while, about a 15-year "while" in fact. ;)

People here might not remember but KFFL had a very active Pats board at the "turn of the century". It's best feature was that it also supported several other team's boards that you had easy access to. So, there was a lot of good crosstalk between fans of different teams. Not a lot of trolling, just good football talk, especially, IIRC, among the fans of the Raiders, Miami, and Bills. The Jets board didn't post enough to talk to anyone. ;)

I can't remember why I came over here, but I've been here since at least 2003. There are a few other KFFL refugees here as well. I'm sure you were there 'til the bitter end. I hope you like it here and stay. I know you will be an asset.

God, if you are the KFFL Hyped then it HAS been a while, about a 15-year "while" in fact. ;)

People here might not remember but KFFL had a very active Pats board at the "turn of the century". It's best feature was that it also supported several other team's boards that you had easy access to. So, there was a lot of good crosstalk between fans of different teams. Not a lot of trolling, just good football talk, especially, IIRC, among the fans of the Raiders, Miami, and Bills. The Jets board didn't post enough to talk to anyone. ;)

I can't remember why I came over here, but I've been here since at least 2003. There are a few other KFFL refugees here as well. I'm sure you were there 'til the bitter end. I hope you like it here and stay. I know you will be an asset.

KFFL died about 18 months ago...since then, I have been on FB/Twitter.....not the same though.... and I still lurk Jetsinsider.com as well.....not the same as 15 years ago though.... prior to that, I think we were on the Sporting News (TSN) boards as well....going back to the Carroll years, LOL. In any case, good to know you are still going strong....

KFFL died about 18 months ago...since then, I have been on FB/Twitter.....not the same though.... and I still lurk Jetsinsider.com as well.....not the same as 15 years ago though.... prior to that, I think we were on the Sporting News (TSN) boards as well....going back to the Carroll years, LOL. In any case, good to know you are still going strong....

I was on kffl a bit.

Welcome. I hope you stay, enjoy and contribute here.

We've seen all the Belichick free agencies. IMHO, the norm is not to do much early when all the money is being overspent (although obviously Belichick has signed a few players early).

This is the time focus on our own free agents and re-sign who we can. The team made decisions on lots of players. The team made its offers. I wish Lewis, Butler and Amendola well. They got great contracts.

I would love to pick up a couple of vets this week. However, my priority is Solder. I would be fine if its only Solder and minor re-signs for the next couple of weeks (plus we've picked up a NT).

See below.

See below.

Comments:

- Matt Light was a 2nd round pick who was "plugged in", IIRC? I seem to remember us having Klemm around that time. Then again, Bledsoe got killed....

- Yes, I want Brady upright.

- However, not paying Solder 13M has its benefits...like Suh, a #2/3 CB, some pass rushers, a RB, and etc...

- We could get by with Cannon & one of Fleming/Waddle, and Dwayne Allen chip blocking. At least, until Garcia gets up to weight....

Dunno....
Solder is worth more money than suh.

Solder is worth more money than suh.
I think the Suh talk is just that media speculation. I just don't see where he'd play in this system that would come close to justifying his cost, especially given the Shelton trade

That being said, I think everyone will feel better when/if the Solder deal gets done. And to add my 2 cents, it will make me smile if MFlowers gets re-upped as well. He deserves to get another shot here

I think Solder will finish his career with one team; the team that took care of him and his son when time was darkest.

Solder is our #1 priority of our free agents if we want to compete for a Super Bowl next year. That and fix the defense. The rest will take care of itself.

Bob Jensen....KFFL Jeys troll!

Probably, but Suh + other players?

+ LT? It's not worth letting Solder go to upgrade the defense. The drop off on the OL would be greater than the gain on the DL or whatever.

+ LT? It's not worth letting Solder go to upgrade the defense. The drop off on the OL would be greater than the gain on the DL or whatever.

Always a debatable point I say. Brady probably has the best pocket awareness/quick release combination of any QB I ever have seen and the drop off from Solder to say Cannon/Waddle is like 15-20%.....unsure if that is greater than Suh & plus.....

Always a debatable point I say. Brady probably has the best pocket awareness/quick release combination of any QB I ever have seen and the drop off from Solder to say Cannon/Waddle is like 15-20%.....unsure if that is greater than Suh & plus.....

He will be 41 year old.. it really is not the time to look at it mathematically and try to cut corners when it comes to the second most important position on offense.

Brady was getting hit just at the moment he was releasing the ball so often last year.. take away those milliseconds and passes that meant TDs or third down conversions turn into strip sacks or injuries.

Suh will cost more

As stupid as it sounds but the cost is the biggest issue. I cant see a way they can get Suh without a APY that will not only be high but also cost them a third round comp pick. This turns a FA signing into a trade almost.. except there is no cost control tradeoff.

I just cant find any semblence of a good deal in the entire Suh rumor.

EDIT: Disregard the entire thing.. my brain actually froze and for some reason ignored that he wouldnt count against the comp pick formula if he is cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore