PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder: Either was or wasn't offered similar money to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see how we could have fit it under the cap.

So we have now Curran and Lombardi calling ******** on this. Which it properly is.

Can we close this thread ?

Might seem like an ego thing to some, but to some players the distinction of being the "highest paid" at their position is worth the extra couple million and a change of scenery.

Either way, I wish Solder and his family nothing but the best. He's good, but not worth that contract in my eyes.

I would have thought the medical support that his son receives in the area alone would keep him here.

I doubt this article. There was another article posted yesterday (that I cannot find again) that stated that the NY Giants & Denver Broncos were in a bidding war and the final number forced the Broncos to withdraw.

Thread title has been edited.

I understand he is a big fan of NY style pizza

So not even a mention of the Pats. Whoever made up this "Pats offered somewhat equal money" was talking ********. Please edit the title.

S
I would have thought the medical support that his son receives in the area alone would keep him here.
Sloan Kettering is an elite cancer treatment center but Dana F is considered a notch above.

A) Good for Solder.
B) But if Bill offered a F'ing lineman $15M...I'll Shoot Him on General Principle.

A) Good for Solder.
B) But if Bill offered a F'ing lineman $15M...I'll Shoot Him on General Principle.
He didn't. Some self-proclaimed reporter misreporting what Solder had said. Solder said that three teams were in the running at the end (not naming which) and that they all offered somewhat equal money.

If we recap which teams were said to be in the running for Solder in the end, it was three. Giants, Browns and Texans.

Having a hard time buying that story

This makes makes me feel better

Good for him, getting more money in a situation he decided was more to his liking. Sorry to see him go because it's just a pretty important position for them and now a hole to fill, but not because I thought he was/is anything special. Does anyone think Nate Solder is a top 5 left tackle right now (and it is right now that Belichick cares about, not yesterday)? He seemed to need plenty of help, from the time he came in with Mankins next to him through this year. He was fine but I think they will be able to replace him, and with his injury history they have had a few opportunities with others at LT, and I don't recall too many disasters (not saying none, just not too many when Solder has been out). Hopefully Garcia or someone else can step.

Other factors could have had a big effect though, like the duration of the contract.

Given the recent reports of dissatisfaction, i can see why any spark can cause more worries, but i dont think this is as egregious as one might think

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST