PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, @RapSheet tells us Julian Edelman could be worth $7M/year on the open market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonio Brown iS more talented than Edelman. If Edelman was an elite talent,Amendola would never have been brought in. There WAS never plans for him to take over for Welker. Brady ran on 4th and goal in AFCCPG then handed off for the 2points. Bellichick and Brady NEVER take the ball out of Brady's hands in such situations. They did not trust the WRs to beat the defense and catch the ball. Including Edelman,the most experienced wr we had. If they didn't trust him yet,they know his talent and wr ability wasn't good enough to beat Denvers injury riddled defense. What could he do if we make the SUPERBOWL. Edelmans potential is maxed like a creditcard. He is a product of Brady and the system. The slot is helped into uncovering. When the scheme breaks down against better Defenses, our WRs don't have the size nor talent to make a play by beating the Defense/Defenders on sheer abilty. Thats why they been getting beat convincingly at some point in the playoffs when they get to the SUPERIOR TALENTED TEAMS AND UNLESS THEY UPGRADE THE TALENT ITS GOING TO CONTINUE MAYBE EVEN IN DIVISION ROUND. A brilliant scheme onlt masks talent deficiency so much. AntonioWE Need a complete big ATHLETIC WR. AntonioA second redzone threat who strikes fear in defenses. BRADY NEEDs one while he is still elite. Win while Brady is still throwing bullets.

This is a DeeP draft of good wr talent. But none of them are Justin BLACKMON. Watkins is close but noway we get him. I know what your thinking, Suspension,a drunk arrests,but thats part of the beAuty of it. I know how it sounds but just hear me out. BLACKMON is nothing short of a phenom,electric,fast physical,athlitic,rare hands and body control. Just watch his tape!! Trust me!! As high as he was rated he is vastly underrated. Look at the jump to light speed chris carter and others made when they sobered up and weren't hung over while running routes. As good as moss was,he got better when he hit the nfl and focused on running 40s instead of drinking them. BLACKMON has run high 4.3s in college with that kind of physicalality,athleticism and hands. Not to mention the ball instincts he plays with. Most underrated part of his game!! He knows where the football is going to land whether a bomb or bullet while in stride,watch our early he begins adjusting his speed and position to pluck the ball. Then he sucks the ball and turns on jets in one motion totally effortlessly. He is a far more natural pass catcher than green and julio jones.

Enough bout his talent,lets talk about how his immense speed and ability will multiply when he cleans up. Think how his past probs willl allow us to steal or kidnap him for less than half his value. And he is under rookie contract. And there's good reason to believe he matures up under Brady Bellichicks no nonsense atmosphere. And very likely under the wing of Tony Gonzalez. The winning atmosphere our teams coaches,qb, and winning environment creates an atmosphere that makes players feel ashamed of substance abuse and bad behavior so players aRe surrounded by a world that promotes them to show their better half and embarrassed of nonsense. Think when you meet a hot intelligent new girl you probably dump some friends and behavior you fear will be frowned upon and embarrass yourself. Tom Brady, the coaches and winning creates such an atmosphere on our team that makes players mature and put silly junk in the past.

If we want to win another superbowl we must cut the fat and make some serious talent upgrades. There are 31 other teams fielding talent. We have the qb but he needs a real weapon. Look at what he did with moss. They are wasting his prime with recycled garbage they bring in

IMAGINE BLACKMON#1 DOBSON #2LEARNING ON THE FLY,AMENDOLA BOYCE COMPETE FOR THE SLOT GRONKOWSKI OUR TE WITH GONZALEZ IN OUR 2TE SETS. VEREEN OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. THEN WE BRING IN A RG OR CENTER WHO IS POWERFUL ATHLETIC AND PLAYS NASTY AND ATTEMPTS TO MAUL DLINEMAN TO SET TONE AGAINST THESE DOMINATING DEFENSES THAT HAVE SPROUTED AND PROTECT BRADY AND REALLY MAKE THIS OFFENSE BLASTOFF. TONY TEACHING BLACKMON THE SCIENCE OF THE POSITION,HE AND OUR OFFENSE IS UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!!!!

TO WIN THE LOMBARDI TROPHY MEANS WE HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL!!!! Seattle SF Denver and all the other rising talented teams

Antonio Brown iS more talented than Edelman. If Edelman was an elite talent,Amendola would never have been brought in. There WAS never plans for him to take over for Welker. Brady ran on 4th and goal in AFCCPG then handed off for the 2points. Bellichick and Brady NEVER take the ball out of Brady's hands in such situations. They did not trust the WRs to beat the defense and catch the ball. Including Edelman,the most experienced wr we had. If they didn't trust him yet,they know his talent and wr ability wasn't good enough to beat Denvers injury riddled defense. What could he do if we make the SUPERBOWL. Edelmans potential is maxed like a creditcard. He is a product of Brady and the system. The slot is helped into uncovering. When the scheme breaks down against better Defenses, our WRs don't have the size nor talent to make a play by beating the Defense/Defenders on sheer abilty. Thats why they been getting beat convincingly at some point in the playoffs when they get to the SUPERIOR TALENTED TEAMS AND UNLESS THEY UPGRADE THE TALENT ITS GOING TO CONTINUE MAYBE EVEN IN DIVISION ROUND. A brilliant scheme onlt masks talent deficiency so much. AntonioWE Need a complete big ATHLETIC WR. AntonioA second redzone threat who strikes fear in defenses. BRADY NEEDs one while he is still elite. Win while Brady is still throwing bullets.

This is a DeeP draft of good wr talent. But none of them are Justin BLACKMON. Watkins is close but noway we get him. I know what your thinking, Suspension,a drunk arrests,but thats part of the beAuty of it. I know how it sounds but just hear me out. BLACKMON is nothing short of a phenom,electric,fast physical,athlitic,rare hands and body control. Just watch his tape!! Trust me!! As high as he was rated he is vastly underrated. Look at the jump to light speed chris carter and others made when they sobered up and weren't hung over while running routes. As good as moss was,he got better when he hit the nfl and focused on running 40s instead of drinking them. BLACKMON has run high 4.3s in college with that kind of physicalality,athleticism and hands. Not to mention the ball instincts he plays with. Most underrated part of his game!! He knows where the football is going to land whether a bomb or bullet while in stride,watch our early he begins adjusting his speed and position to pluck the ball. Then he sucks the ball and turns on jets in one motion totally effortlessly. He is a far more natural pass catcher than green and julio jones.

Enough bout his talent,lets talk about how his immense speed and ability will multiply when he cleans up. Think how his past probs willl allow us to steal or kidnap him for less than half his value. And he is under rookie contract. And there's good reason to believe he matures up under Brady Bellichicks no nonsense atmosphere. And very likely under the wing of Tony Gonzalez. The winning atmosphere our teams coaches,qb, and winning environment creates an atmosphere that makes players feel ashamed of substance abuse and bad behavior so players aRe surrounded by a world that promotes them to show their better half and embarrassed of nonsense. Think when you meet a hot intelligent new girl you probably dump some friends and behavior you fear will be frowned upon and embarrass yourself. Tom Brady, the coaches and winning creates such an atmosphere on our team that makes players mature and put silly junk in the past.

If we want to win another superbowl we must cut the fat and make some serious talent upgrades. There are 31 other teams fielding talent. We have the qb but he needs a real weapon. Look at what he did with moss. They are wasting his prime with recycled garbage they bring in

IMAGINE BLACKMON#1 DOBSON #2LEARNING ON THE FLY,AMENDOLA BOYCE COMPETE FOR THE SLOT GRONKOWSKI OUR TE WITH GONZALEZ IN OUR 2TE SETS. VEREEN OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. THEN WE BRING IN A RG OR CENTER WHO IS POWERFUL ATHLETIC AND PLAYS NASTY AND ATTEMPTS TO MAUL DLINEMAN TO SET TONE AGAINST THESE DOMINATING DEFENSES THAT HAVE SPROUTED AND PROTECT BRADY AND REALLY MAKE THIS OFFENSE BLASTOFF. TONY TEACHING BLACKMON THE SCIENCE OF THE POSITION,HE AND OUR OFFENSE IS UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!!!!

TO WIN THE LOMBARDI TROPHY MEANS WE HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL!!!! Seattle SF Denver and all the other rising talented teams

:rofl:

In all honesty, it would take an arm and leg to pry Blackmon from Jacksonville. Suspensions or not, guy has ridiculous talent and they're going to want him to be there for the rookie QB they're going to have playing next year.

Antonio Brown iS more talented than Edelman. If Edelman was an elite talent,Amendola would never have been brought in. There WAS never plans for him to take over for Welker.

You realize Edelman was also a UFA when we signed Amendola.

Also if Amendola had performed to the level expected when he was signed Edelman would not have become the starter and increased his value to this degree. Obviously, the Patriots did not anticipate the level of development that Edelman had this season. They expected more from Amendola and less from Edelman, they got it wrong and given that, plans change. Your belief that assessing talent and personnel decisions is perfect and cannot change from year-to-year is extremely unrealistic.

Brady ran on 4th and goal in AFCCPG then handed off for the 2points. Bellichick and Brady NEVER take the ball out of Brady's hands in such situations. They did not trust the WRs to beat the defense and catch the ball. Including Edelman,the most experienced wr we had. If they didn't trust him yet,they know his talent and wr ability wasn't good enough to beat Denvers injury riddled defense. What could he do if we make the SUPERBOWL. Edelmans potential is maxed like a creditcard. He is a product of Brady and the system. The slot is helped into uncovering. When the scheme breaks down against better Defenses, our WRs don't have the size nor talent to make a play by beating the Defense/Defenders on sheer abilty. Thats why they been getting beat convincingly at some point in the playoffs when they get to the SUPERIOR TALENTED TEAMS AND UNLESS THEY UPGRADE THE TALENT ITS GOING TO CONTINUE MAYBE EVEN IN DIVISION ROUND. A brilliant scheme onlt masks talent deficiency so much. AntonioWE Need a complete big ATHLETIC WR. AntonioA second redzone threat who strikes fear in defenses. BRADY NEEDs one while he is still elite. Win while Brady is still throwing bullets.

So what you are saying is with 9 minutes and 26 seconds left in the 4th quarter when Edelman caught a 7 yard touchdown pass from Brady they trusted the WRs but less than 6 minutes later they no longer trusted them? How about Tom Brady saw an opportunity to score a touchdown with his feet and he did. Brady has 18 rushing touchdowns in his career were all 18 a result of a lack of trust in the WRs?

What is the system he is a product of, how does the system make him successful? How do you know he is maxed out, are you a talent evaluator because I saw a player who improved week after week as the season progressed.

Antonio Brown is a big athletic WR, really. He is 5’10 186 lbs. with a vertical jump at the combine of 33 1/2. He also has 15 touchdowns in his 4 seasons in the NFL, he is not a red zone threat that strikes fear in the heart of any defense. Edelman has 13 touchdowns in his career.

You must own a bar or liquor store in the area and you are trying to increase sales.

Blackmon ran a 4.46 on his pro day, where are you getting the 4.3 from?

Height: 6007
Weight: 207
40 Yard Dash: 4.46
20 Yard Dash: 2.60
10 Yard Dash: 1.53
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'03"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.38
3-Cone Drill: 7.13

I cannot tell if you are a troll or someone who is new to being a football fan. I like to give everyone a chance so I will assume you are just new and am in the process of learning the game. There are a lot of really smart and savvy posters on this board who you can learn a lot from by reading their posts (I do) I would recommend you take that approach, because some of the stuff you say is just really wrong and highlights a lack of understanding. Things like calling a 5’10 186 lb. WR a feared red zone threat will make you uncreditable in no time.

The Broncos had Thomas, Decker, Welker, Thomas, and Moreno and they got humiliated in the SB; I do not think Justin Blackmon is going to bring us the Lombardi.

Shuttle cone drills and 40 times don't play into where a player is going to be in his career. Edelman may have better tangible assets, but route running, catching, quickness off the line and the ability to locate, use your body and make contested catches means more than how fast he was able to run a practiced drill.

Catch Ratio 2013
Edelman – 69.50%
Brown – 66.30%

What are you trying to tell me?

Catch Ratio 2013
Edelman – 69.50%
Brown – 66.30%

What are you trying to tell me?

Uh, what are you talking about?

Drop Percentage

Antonio Brown - 4.2%
Julian Edelman - 5.3%

Using the stat that you linked, Edelman is better than:

AJ Green
Jimmy Graham
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Dez Bryant
Calvin Johnson
Tony Gonzalez
Josh Gordon
Demaryius Thomas

Count the All Pro's and Hall of Fame players on that list.

Are you trying to tell me that Edelman is the best receiver (and arguably the best player) in the league now?

Uh, what are you talking about?

Drop Percentage

Antonio Brown - 4.2%
Julian Edelman - 5.3%

Using the stat that you linked, Edelman is better than:

AJ Green
Jimmy Graham
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Dez Bryant
Calvin Johnson
Tony Gonzalez
Josh Gordon
Demaryius Thomas

Count the All Pro's and Hall of Fame players on that list.

Are you trying to tell me that Edelman is the best receiver (and arguably the best player) in the league now?

Listen you're a Steelers fan in a Patriots fan forum advocating for Antonio Brown. I'm not surprised that you favor him. Let's put this to sleep.

Listen you're a Steelers fan in a Patriots fan forum advocating for Antonio Brown. I'm not surprised.

I don't know if you've checked, but you're the only Patriots fan that thinks Edelman is the better receiver than Brown. This isn't a Steelers fan thing, it's a common sense thing.

It's going to be an 'agree to disagree' situation here I think. Have a good one, man.

I don't know if you've checked, but you're the only Patriots fan that thinks Edelman is the better receiver than Brown. This isn't a Steelers fan thing, it's a common sense thing.

It's going to be an 'agree to disagree' situation here I think. Have a good one, man.

While I agree Brown > Edelman they don't really play the same role. Not sure how fair a comparison is.

I don't think he is better than Brown. I think that the poster FTW who said Brown was a superior talent to Edelman is wrong and I showed the combine numbers to prove that. Brown is a better NFL receiver currently and I am not disputing that fact.

While I agree Brown > Edelman they don't really play the same role. Not sure how fair a comparison is.

It is a content vs context misunderstanding. I highlighted workout numbers because a poster said Brown was a superior talent to Edelman. Canada thinks that I am arguing Edelman is a better receiver which is not the case. My position is that Brown is not a superior talent.

I don't think he is better than Brown. I think that the poster FTW who said Brown was a superior talent to Edelman is wrong and I showed the combine numbers to prove that. Brown is a better NFL receiver currently and I am not disputing that fact.

So we went back and forth over two pages to come to the same conclusion we both shared at the beginning of the debate? This sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

Im not even getting into Edelmans talent debate on whether he is elite. I should have known. There are always fans of the sentimental hometown favorits!! Almost wish i never brought it up!! I should have known theres going to be fanatics who prop up sentimental hometeam favorites and try their best to believe Edelman is elite. He caught 105 passes/bones for barely 1000 yrds. Brown 1500 yrds. Edelman isnt even in ty hiltons class, and colts know they MUST upgrade at wr and add talent. This Edelman debate is nonsense. Does Edelman strike fear in defenses?? Do they scheme and wonder how they are going to stop Edelman?? Yet Edelman still ripoff big plays?? Could he do to SEATTLE'S secondary what Hilton did?? NoFreakingWay!!!! Yet Colts want serious upgrades at WR. They want that Lombardi trophy and know they must add more talent. But not some of our fans!! Its all resign Edelman and bring in some journeyman harbage or draft a second round wr and our offense will fly no matter what bucket of bolts mediocre talent we try throwing out ther WHen truth be told, to win the superbowl we have to be the BEST!! That means Better than EVERYBODY, all other 31 teams doing whatever they can to improve their talent and kick our tails.!! We cant just throw out there anybody we admire sentimentally for overachieving and playing heads up football on the field. They must go!! Gregorys,Connollys,wendalls,ninkovichs. They all possess less than average talent. But make a couple plays on intelligence. The rest of the plays they get badly beaten!! The idea is find talent and coach them up in your system.

ANYWAYS WITH THIS DRAFT BEING DEEP ON STARTER CALIBER TALENT AT WR THE JAGS COULD VERY WELL DEAL JUSTIN BLACKMON. THATS PART OF THE BEAUTY OF THIS IDEA AND WHY I BROUGHT UP THIS GAME CHANGING IDEA. ImWE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LAND JUSTIN FOR A #1 DRAFT PICK OR MALLET AND OUR #2!! ANYBODY WHO THINX THATS TO EXPENSIVE NEEDS TO SMELL REALLY STRONG STARBUCKS COFFEE!! THINK WHAT THAT TRANSLATES TO. MALLET AND ANOTHER TAVON WILSON?? MALLETT WILSON AND BEQUETTE? Donta HIGHTOWER?? MALLET TERRANCE WHEATLEY AND SHAWN CRABLE??!! EVEN OUR BETTER DRAFTPICKS DO THEY REALLY EQUAL THE IMPACT A TOP5 WR OR MAYBE EVEN TOP3 WR WOULD HAVE ACROSS THE BOARD ON OFFENSE. ImI SEE THE NUTTY THINGS PEOPLE PROPOSE, AN ALL PRO WR OR PASSRUSHER FOR A TEAMS SECOND ROUND PICK IN RETURN. LIKE TEAMS GIBE AWAY ALL PRO PLAYERS FOR CHARITY!! IF WE REALLY WANT TO WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WE HAVE TO GET SERIOUS BOUT WHO WE SURROUND TOM BRADY WITH!! WE HAVE TO MAKE A SERIOUS OFFER FOR A GAME CHANGER THE CALIBER OF JUSTIN BLACKMON!! NOT ACHARITY PLEA OR A PICK THAT BECOMES TAVON WILSON OR RASI DOWLING FOR US!! WE NEED TO OFFER OUR FIRST ROUNDER OR MALLET AND A #2 WITH SOME FUTURE MINOR BUT DECENT COMPENSATION IF HE STAYS SOBER

SOME OF THE OFFERS WE MADE FOR JOSH GORDON WAS DOWNRIGHT STUPID FOR A PLAYER WITH THAT KIND OF IMMENSE TALENT!! ONLY THING MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN JOSH GORDONS SEASON WAS THE STUPIDITY AND REDICULOUSNESS OF WHAT WE OFFERED FOR HIM!! THAT REALLY CAME BACK TO BITE BELLICHICK AS MUCH AS ALL HIS DRAFT BUSTS COMBINED!! COME ON A THIRD OR FOURTH ROUNDER FOR A TERRELL OWENS CALIBER WR TALENT I SUPPOSE WE NEED MORE TAVON WILSONS OR JAKE BEQUETTES OVER A TERRELL OWENS.

Shuttle cone drills and 40 times don't play into where a player is going to be in his career. Edelman may have better tangible assets, but route running, catching, quickness off the line and the ability to locate, use your body and make contested catches means more than how fast he was able to run a practiced drill.

The moment people go to measurables, other than a speed time when talking about speed or a power example (reps, etc...) when talking about strength, when they're talking about "talent" with established players, you've likely won the argument.

They're the kind of people who would tell you things like "Ricky Robey was more talented than Larry Bird", because they can't actually figure out what talent is. Once players have shown themselves at a level of play, raw measureables are the garnish, not the dish.

blah blah blah TRADE FOR JUSTIN BLACKMON blah blah blah

broken_record.jpg

Brady6 No pun intended bro cuz i read many of your posts and i have mad respect for you! But we do have to get much more talented. Please be honest about that and read and think bout what i said. I know what the official 40 time was. Just saying he ran many high4.3s and the 4.46 while hung over and dehydrated and probably on weed. Just watch his playspeed it is rediculous!! Dez Bryant has run in 4.6 range many many times but watch his gamespeed. And yes BLACKMON is BETTER than ANY wr on Broncos! HANDS DOWN. Thomas was just big highjumping project, nowhere near the passcatcher Dez Bryant or BLACKMON is. Its not even close. Blackmon had 250 yrd game hungover with henne and Gabbert pushing the ball. Then you factor Dobson could develop into decker or better. Gronk is better than J Thomas and Vereens is better than Moreno. Then theres a good chance Tony Gonzalez is there in 2TE sets and teaching BLACKMON Gronk and our other young guys on science of pass catching like how to not waste movement running routes. Then add to the Oline a rg or center who plays with power athleticism and a nasty maulers mentality To set tone against these top defense's and BLACKMON and the offense are unstoppable!!!! Not to mention catching passes from Tom Brady. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAN THE BRONCOS HANDS DOWN!!!!!! BRING ON DENVER SF SEATTLE AND ANY TALENTED TEAM EMERGING AND WE EMBARRASS THEM!!!!

We just need to do this right for a change. Brady6Stop surrounding Tom Brady with journeyman garbage.

Thats y we can pull off BLACKMON trade off. This is wr deep draft. But we have to make REALISTIC offers!! Mallett and #2 Or a #1. Brady6What we offered for Josh Gordon was a ******ed disgrace!!!! What a third or fourth round for a terrell owens talent. Really came back to bite Bellichick!! Gordon or Blackmon isn't worth more than tavon wilson or another Bequette???? Going for an impact game changing talent Bellichick needs to really mean it unless the suspense of how tavon wilson bequettehighto,Dowling od Hightower will turn out is just to great to give up for Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon. STOP THIS MADNESS AND PUT AN OFFENSE AROUND BRADY FOR A CHANGE

AS FOR EDELMAN HE CATCHES BONES. HE IS NOT AS FEARED AS BROWN OR TY HILTON. Brady6HILTON TORCHED SEATTLE SECONDARY,NOWAY EDELMAN DOES THAT. Brady6BROWN HAD1500 yrds Edelman barely 1000 yrds. Antonio Brown snatched passes intermediate range downfield. Edelman had 105 glorified handoffs. I dont mind Edelman as our #4 option. If he is ANYTHING more than that count on rooting for seattle or sf to beat Denver and Manning for us again

Patsfan77 Thats right blah blah blah lets not trade for Josh Gordon or Justin Blackman. Its so much more fun to to use the draftpicks on tavon wilsons and jake Bequettes instead. Then the real fun begind my friend. We get to watch the ELECTRIFYING EXPLOSIVE EDELMAN PLAY AS OUR #1 AVERAGE 10 YRDS PER HANDOFF GETTING THEIR BUTTS KICKED BY MANNINGS BRONCOS. THEN WATCH MANNING TALKED ABOUT AS THE BEST OF HIS ERA THEN WE CROSS OUR FINGERS THAT SOMEBODY DOES OUR DIRTY WORK AND BEATS DOWN MANNINGS BRONCOS EVEN IF ITS SOME TEAM OF LOUDMOUTHS THAT WE WOULD OTHERWISE ROOT AGAINST EXCEPT FOR NOT WANT PEYTON MANNING TO HAVE ANY MORE JEWELRY.

Listen you're a Steelers fan in a Patriots fan forum advocating for Antonio Brown. I'm not surprised that you favor him. Let's put this to sleep.
I'm not seeing many Patriots fans putting Minitron in the same class as Antonio Brown. It's not a knock on Edelman but Brown is the more dynamic receiver of the two. Edelman has turned into a very good player but if given the opportunity to switch, I'd take Brown 9 times out of 10.

Ok lol now i know why you said that. Inever called antonio a redzone threat. My word pro on my phone on voice command changes my words around. I said BLACKMON would be a second redzone threat to pair with Gronk. Lol i was THINKING i want BLACKMON caliber talent,why am i getting flamed for it. LOL I never said Antonio Brown a feared redzone Threat. LOL IT TYPED DEMONIC Bellichick,well voice commands did while watching tv but i caught that one. For some reason it kept retyping brady6. Sorry guys.... wow antonio brown a feared redzone threat ouch.

Brady6 No pun intended bro cuz i read many of your posts and i have mad respect for you! But we do have to get much more talented. Please be honest about that and read and think bout what i said. I know what the official 40 time was. Just saying he ran many high4.3s and the 4.46 while hung over and dehydrated and probably on weed. Just watch his playspeed it is rediculous!! Dez Bryant has run in 4.6 range many many times but watch his gamespeed. And yes BLACKMON is BETTER than ANY wr on Broncos! HANDS DOWN. Thomas was just big highjumping project, nowhere near the passcatcher Dez Bryant or BLACKMON is. Its not even close. Blackmon had 250 yrd game hungover with henne and Gabbert pushing the ball. Then you factor Dobson could develop into decker or better. Gronk is better than J Thomas and Vereens is better than Moreno. Then theres a good chance Tony Gonzalez is there in 2TE sets and teaching BLACKMON Gronk and our other young guys on science of pass catching like how to not waste movement running routes. Then add to the Oline a rg or center who plays with power athleticism and a nasty maulers mentality To set tone against these top defense's and BLACKMON and the offense are unstoppable!!!! Not to mention catching passes from Tom Brady. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAN THE BRONCOS HANDS DOWN!!!!!! BRING ON DENVER SF SEATTLE AND ANY TALENTED TEAM EMERGING AND WE EMBARRASS THEM!!!!

We just need to do this right for a change. Brady6Stop surrounding Tom Brady with journeyman garbage.

Thats y we can pull off BLACKMON trade off. This is wr deep draft. But we have to make REALISTIC offers!! Mallett and #2 Or a #1. Brady6What we offered for Josh Gordon was a ******ed disgrace!!!! What a third or fourth round for a terrell owens talent. Really came back to bite Bellichick!! Gordon or Blackmon isn't worth more than tavon wilson or another Bequette???? Going for an impact game changing talent Bellichick needs to really mean it unless the suspense of how tavon wilson bequettehighto,Dowling od Hightower will turn out is just to great to give up for Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon. STOP THIS MADNESS AND PUT AN OFFENSE AROUND BRADY FOR A CHANGE

AS FOR EDELMAN HE CATCHES BONES. HE IS NOT AS FEARED AS BROWN OR TY HILTON. Brady6HILTON TORCHED SEATTLE SECONDARY,NOWAY EDELMAN DOES THAT. Brady6BROWN HAD1500 yrds Edelman barely 1000 yrds. Antonio Brown snatched passes intermediate range downfield. Edelman had 105 glorified handoffs. I dont mind Edelman as our #4 option. If he is ANYTHING more than that count on rooting for seattle or sf to beat Denver and Manning for us again
A description of Edelman's catch total as "105 glorified handoffs" tells me that 1) the author of that drivel didn't watch the games, or 2) s/he has an agenda when it comes to Edelman. Either way it's utter nonsense and BS.

I'm not seeing many Patriots fans putting Minitron in the same class as Antonio Brown. It's not a knock on Edelman but Brown is the more dynamic receiver of the two. Edelman has turned into a very good player but if given the opportunity to switch, I'd take Brown 9 times out of 10.

As I said I was not saying Edelman is a better WR than Brown, he is not for that matter. I responded to a poster who quoted me and said Brown was a superior “talent” which he is not, he is currently a superior player, but he is not a superior talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back