PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So in reality, Gronk is afraid to play

It may be that he's a lot more cautious and concerned about his health going forward. So "scared" is a strong word but "more hesitant" is more likely to be accurate.

And if he were truly too scared to play, he wouldn't be "shooting his way out of town" to go play somewhere else.

Good retort. Your reply has thought.
But in the end, if he is now more "cautious" about being hurt is he now going to be the same old Gronk, or does he pull up when he hears footsteps?

To all the wise that have commented, is there any question that perhaps just maybe, that is the case? Should there be a concern? What do you know that we all here don't about Gronk? It has been verified he is having thoughts about his football career. Don't shoot the messenger.

As I have stated, Gronk has a H.O.F., career and I enjoy his play, but if he waits until July or August while he vacillates and tells everyone we are #clueless (or someone is), does it not put the Team in jeopardy? Yep, as a fan that irritates me.

First of all, I am a fan of the man but his talent is wasted if he retires. Seems incomplete to me. But if he has to because he fears a possible threat to his well being, that is fine and I respect him. Just don't drag this out. Drew Rosenhause brought out the "no time table" crap.

Secondly, the possibility of shooting his way out of town to play for a Team where he has less "obligation to buy in". If he no longer feels that passion and fun of Team achievement for playing here, will he give 100%? If he wants to leave, is winning secondary? That is the question.

The pressure playing for the Pats versus the Browns is real. So he could go to another Team with low expectations. Is that a fair statement

This is no different from Megatron, another H.O.F. player that did not like playing for his particular Team or situation.
DW Toys

Gronk having some fear of another serious injury is the thought/feeling of a normal human being, NFLer or not. You can read all about NFLers from all over speak of gaining 'confidence back during the rehab of a major injury. But Gronk afraid to play football? That is consternation posting to put the nicest spin on it.
Rob Gronkowski is, I suspect, in the process of expanding a brand. His non-announcement announcement of uncertainty he'll play/retire appears to have been a master stroke. It has generated many mentions of the name Gronkowski throughout media in what would be an otherwise largely quiet offseason. Consider the cost of the ad/media budget to get this kind of name mentions when a mere 'maybe I'll play, maybe I won't' is all it took.

He's 28, he's going to make approx. 9 or 10 million in the upcoming year, he'll be in good position for a final big extension, or contract elsewhere, for 2019 (last year of contract). So look to see Gronk in a Patriots uniform in 2018, IMHO it's almost etched in stone despite the hilarity of frenzied media and those that are its masters of manipulation.

If he has just gotten a boost in his paycheck last year to this and many say it's not about money.
If he acting career and WWE (again acting career) is his "future"
If he felt picked on for his $10.75mm kicking in this year
If it's pouting about why " TB do a special program and I can't?"

If none of the above, then there is one thing left. He has become scared.

Hey, there are reasons after the hit in the play-offs , I get it. But message to Gronk. March 12th is coming and to not have closure on this is a bunch of B.S. when Rosenhause says there is no time limit. Wake up Drew......there is. You are full of dog poop.

F/A and roster decisions are being held up. So is the word selfish proper?

Don't like it here Gronk? Can't stand winning? Then if I am BB I am trading his ass.

How about Matt P and the Lions for a first and the rights to Calvin Johnson? Only if Johnson agrees to restart his career and at a fair price.

Trade one quitter for the other. Maybe they will both have a new spirit about the game. Two Hall of Famers.
Actually a fair trade. Megatron taking catches that went to Gronk. Gronk working with Stafford. And Gronk is out of the AFC.

Thoughts? Pitch Forks and torches? My wife starts my car for the next few weeks?

Although I would love to keep Gronk.....enough with the drama. Trade em.

Me thinks he is trying to shoot his way of of town like Branch did.

Rob.........We are not so #clueless!
DW Toys
We aren’t but you clearly are

But in the end, if he is now more "cautious" about being hurt is he now going to be the same old Gronk, or does he pull up when he hears footsteps?

To all the wise that have commented, is there any question that perhaps just maybe, that is the case? Should there be a concern? What do you know that we all here don't about Gronk? It has been verified he is having thoughts about his football career. Don't shoot the messenger.

As I have stated, Gronk has a H.O.F., career and I enjoy his play, but if he waits until July or August while he vacillates and tells everyone we are #clueless (or someone is), does it not put the Team in jeopardy? Yep, as a fan that irritates me.

First of all, I am a fan of the man but his talent is wasted if he retires. Seems incomplete to me. But if he has to because he fears a possible threat to his well being, that is fine and I respect him. Just don't drag this out. Drew Rosenhause brought out the "no time table" crap.

Secondly, the possibility of shooting his way out of town to play for a Team where he has less "obligation to buy in". If he no longer feels that passion and fun of Team achievement for playing here, will he give 100%? If he wants to leave, is winning secondary? That is the question.

The pressure playing for the Pats versus the Browns is real. So he could go to another Team with low expectations. Is that a fair statement

This is no different from Megatron, another H.O.F. player that did not like playing for his particular Team or situation.
DW Toys

Can we wait until at least one of the "critical" deadlines passes before we start jumping all over a historically great Patriot? And as others have mentioned did he look fearful in the super bowl? No. Not at all.

Somehow you've gone off the freaking rails before the train has left the station.

DW Toys

Uncle,

I have a Retort too! You should bring up Calvin Megatron Johnson in every post you make for eternity whenever talking about the Team. The Patriots should consider adding Megatron to their Team along with all his cousins.

Uncle,

I have a Retort too! You should bring up Calvin Megatron Johnson in every post you make for eternity whenever talking about the Team. The Patriots should consider adding Megatron to their Team along with all his cousins.
Cousin, do you think I am pulling your leg? Maybe we can trade your leg for Calvin Johnson! After all, no player that isn’t a 6’5 WR is worthwhile! Why, those big framed, muscular bodies like Calvin’s give ole DW a tingling sensation of excitement!

You could also throw in the other leg for Larry Fitzgerald! And while we’re at it, how about you donate a kidney and we’ll get Mr. Randy out of retirement! What a grand force of nature that could become!

Would ya do it for ole Uncle DW, sonny? Oh, how the cosmic trade cycle of DW Toys rolls on!

I’m hoping that this is all just an episode of Seventh Heaven where there’s uncertainty and turmoil, and then the family comes back together. In this case.. the resolution is that Gronk realizes he wants to shoot for another run with Edelman back (Danny feeling the same as well), all the while the have the GOAT slinging them the ball.

Not sure what happens beyond this upcoming season, but the ending of the 2017 season leaves a lot unsettled. As competitors, let’s hope it all plays out according to a New England Hollywood ending for 2018.

Are you going for the award of 'worst post ever'?

Gronk didn't look afraid in the Superbowl when he caught 9 passes for 116 yards and 2 TDs last time I checked.

Please engage the brain before posting!

Patsfan2 already has a vice grip lock on that honor for his Belichick is Hitler post.

If he has just gotten a boost in his paycheck last year to this and many say it's not about money.
If he acting career and WWE (again acting career) is his "future"
If he felt picked on for his $10.75mm kicking in this year
If it's pouting about why " TB do a special program and I can't?"

If none of the above, then there is one thing left. He has become scared.

Hey, there are reasons after the hit in the play-offs , I get it. But message to Gronk. March 12th is coming and to not have closure on this is a bunch of B.S. when Rosenhause says there is no time limit. Wake up Drew......there is. You are full of dog poop.

F/A and roster decisions are being held up. So is the word selfish proper?

Don't like it here Gronk? Can't stand winning? Then if I am BB I am trading his ass.

How about Matt P and the Lions for a first and the rights to Calvin Johnson? Only if Johnson agrees to restart his career and at a fair price.

Trade one quitter for the other. Maybe they will both have a new spirit about the game. Two Hall of Famers.
Actually a fair trade. Megatron taking catches that went to Gronk. Gronk working with Stafford. And Gronk is out of the AFC.

Thoughts? Pitch Forks and torches? My wife starts my car for the next few weeks?

Although I would love to keep Gronk.....enough with the drama. Trade em.

Me thinks he is trying to shoot his way of of town like Branch did.

Rob.........We are not so #clueless!
DW Toys

Child please..........

I think Calvin was more due to the fact his body couldn't keep taking the pounding that it did amongst other pain.

Always seems to be some confusion about what the media is saying and what the player is saying, unless I missed something Gronk has been silent on this issue and what we know has come from the mediots, who are trying hard (usually failing) at justifying their salaries in the offseason...

Unless #clueless has some hidden meaning..

Are you going for the award of 'worst post ever'?

Gronk didn't look afraid in the Superbowl when he caught 9 passes for 116 yards and 2 TDs last time I checked.

Please engage the brain before posting!

I am not sure anyone will ever be able to outdo "I dont care, I cant stand it". But he certainly is giving his best..

Except for winning, multiple rings, being in the Championship game every year except for his rookie year, hanging with the GOAT coach and QB.. but year it is no different than that..

If Gronk does opt for the WWE, I wonder how his Guerrero dietary regimen will coexist with the WWE steroid regimen.
I also wonder if Gronk's agent will try to land his client the "Curly" role in the next Three Stooges remake.
Word has it Gronk is auditioning for the "Kevin" role in the remake of The Office as well.

...Rob Gronkowski is, I suspect, in the process of expanding a brand. His non-announcement announcement of uncertainty he'll play/retire appears to have been a master stroke. It has generated many mentions of the name Gronkowski throughout media in what would be an otherwise largely quiet offseason. Consider the cost of the ad/media budget to get this kind of name mentions when a mere 'maybe I'll play, maybe I won't' is all it took...

This is a worthy thought regardless of the rest of the content of this thread. And if he does this, and does this well, then playing football could quickly become part of his business strategy, rather than his profession. And once that sets in, then his decision about when to retire brings a new set of criteria and follows a new fishbone.

This is a worthy thought regardless of the rest of the content of this thread. And if he does this, and does this well, then playing football could quickly become part of his business strategy, rather than his profession. And once that sets in, then his decision about when to retire brings a new set of criteria and follows a new fishbone.
Well done
DW Toys

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft