PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So in reality, Gronk is afraid to play

Practice squad eh?

Damn DW, thinking of retirement?

Good retort. Your reply has thought.
But in the end, if he is now more "cautious" about being hurt is he now going to be the same old Gronk, or does he pull up when he hears footsteps?

To all the wise that have commented, is there any question that perhaps just maybe, that is the case? Should there be a concern? What do you know that we all here don't about Gronk? It has been verified he is having thoughts about his football career. Don't shoot the messenger.

As I have stated, Gronk has a H.O.F., career and I enjoy his play, but if he waits until July or August while he vacillates and tells everyone we are #clueless (or someone is), does it not put the Team in jeopardy? Yep, as a fan that irritates me.

First of all, I am a fan of the man but his talent is wasted if he retires. Seems incomplete to me. But if he has to because he fears a possible threat to his well being, that is fine and I respect him. Just don't drag this out. Drew Rosenhause brought out the "no time table" crap.

Secondly, the possibility of shooting his way out of town to play for a Team where he has less "obligation to buy in". If he no longer feels that passion and fun of Team achievement for playing here, will he give 100%? If he wants to leave, is winning secondary? That is the question.

The pressure playing for the Pats versus the Browns is real. So he could go to another Team with low expectations. Is that a fair statement

This is no different from Megatron, another H.O.F. player that did not like playing for his particular Team or situation.
DW Toys
So far this trolling is more effective than your usual insanely creative trade scenarios because you won’t acknowledge that there are typically many reasons underlying this type of social media and public behavior, which is such an unreasonable stance as to annoy. Not bad. What else you got here?

If he has just gotten a boost in his paycheck last year to this and many say it's not about money.
If he acting career and WWE (again acting career) is his "future"
If he felt picked on for his $10.75mm kicking in this year
If it's pouting about why " TB do a special program and I can't?"

If none of the above, then there is one thing left. He has become scared.

Hey, there are reasons after the hit in the play-offs , I get it. But message to Gronk. March 12th is coming and to not have closure on this is a bunch of B.S. when Rosenhause says there is no time limit. Wake up Drew......there is. You are full of dog poop.

F/A and roster decisions are being held up. So is the word selfish proper?

Don't like it here Gronk? Can't stand winning? Then if I am BB I am trading his ass.

How about Matt P and the Lions for a first and the rights to Calvin Johnson? Only if Johnson agrees to restart his career and at a fair price.

Trade one quitter for the other. Maybe they will both have a new spirit about the game. Two Hall of Famers.
Actually a fair trade. Megatron taking catches that went to Gronk. Gronk working with Stafford. And Gronk is out of the AFC.

Thoughts? Pitch Forks and torches? My wife starts my car for the next few weeks?

Although I would love to keep Gronk.....enough with the drama. Trade em.

Me thinks he is trying to shoot his way of of town like Branch did.

Rob.........We are not so #clueless!
DW Toys

That's an argument from personal incredulity fallacy. Not how logic works. Maybe he's just tired of Belichick. Seems like a lot of people are. And maybe he wants to able to walk when he's 40. Nobody knows except Gronk and his inner circle. But the fact you seem to think his life should revolve around your desires as a Pats fan is pretty ridiculous. This is a business. Each party has to look out for their own best interests. Sometimes those interests align, sometimes they don't. I'm not much of a Gronk fan, but he's not the bad guy here. There isn't one.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back