PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF: JEST @ Ratbirds

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can really put the Jets into a tailspin next week...or give them renewed hope for their season.

Last edited:
I really hope that Mangold doesn't play next week. Baxter is just about the worst center I've ever seen at the pro level, and what does it say about Ducasse that Rex went back to Slausson > Baxter rather than Ducasse > Slausson? Considering how few draft picks they actually use, they can't afford to whiff like that on second rounders.

Last edited:
Jets should be 1-3

That's the only thing that irks me right now. We should've had a chance to put them at 1-4, making it nearly impossible for them to make the playoffs.

Now they just need to get lucky a few more times and get right back in the thick of things.

Trust me...Sanchez is playing like a rookie out there. Making horrible choices...Bad Oline or not..he is playing like complete garbage..they are not going far this year

Interestingly, Jets fans are finally starting to turn on Sanchez just a bit.

He is making rookie mistakes when he is a few years into the system. He looks lost out there

About time... can't blame them for being blindly optimistic, but it's been pretty obvious what kind of quarterback he is since he was a rookie. The holes in his game aren't of the variety that typically improve with age.

Last edited:
Ray Ray 19...errr...JetFan1...defiantly disagrees with that assessment.

Yea....my man had a bad game today. He was spooked. Even when there wasn't pressure he saw/felt pressure. He stared receivers down and threw passes that went awry. But to me...coming from a Jet fan...I think the Jets knew they were up against it tonight. Not saying they conceded a loss before the game started. But they knew the offensive line would not have much of a shot. He was getting pressure and getting hit on 3 step drops.

About time... can't blame them for being blindly optimistic, but it's been pretty obvious what kind of quarterback he is since he was a rookie. The holes in his game aren't of the variety that typically improve with age.

i don't know--the only real "hole" is just making a boneheaded plays and playing scared, which often affects his accuracy [greatly]. That will probably change with time and good coaching (which I think he's getting). Plus the Raven's D was pretty darn nasty tonight.

He's actually shown more potential than I thought he had. With only one year as a college starter, considering the learning curve for an nfl QB, I think he's still holding his own so far (as ridiculous as that sounds after tonight). With more seasoning, he might very well turn out to be a solid QB for the Jets, as much as it pains me to say it.

I don't think anyone looks at the jets right now and sees a good team. They are 2-2, should be 1-3, and have been awful on defense.

Rush Sanrapist...hit Sancrud...you win the game...Turtlechez appears and goes belly up every time...the Pats don't get to him, he'll do his jumpy little "yippee!!!look at me!!!" act all day...he got smashed pretty good today...the Pats need to continue the beating right from the first snap next Sunday....

I don't think anyone looks at the jets right now and sees a good team. They are 2-2, should be 1-3, and have been awful on defense.

I think awful is a very strong and erroneous word to describe the Jets defense. We'll show you next week.

I am concerned that we now face a desperate Jets team who will do everything possible to avoid losing 3 straight and fall deeper into the division.

I am worried about Brady being used as a target as well.

If I am correct,the Jets were the last team to beat Brady at Gillette in the regular season.

Yea....my man had a bad game today. He was spooked. Even when there wasn't pressure he saw/felt pressure.[/B].

Which of the two Jets offensive snaps where there wasn't pressure are you referring to here?

i don't know--the only real "hole" is just making a boneheaded plays and playing scared, which often affects his accuracy [greatly]. That will probably change with time and good coaching (which I think he's getting). Plus the Raven's D was pretty darn nasty tonight.

He's actually shown more potential than I thought he had. With only one year as a college starter, considering the learning curve for an nfl QB, I think he's still holding his own so far (as ridiculous as that sounds after tonight). With more seasoning, he might very well turn out to be a solid QB for the Jets, as much as it pains me to say it.

Well... yeah, that pretty much covers it. He makes terrible decisions and doesn't throw with much accuracy. If you think he's receiving good coaching now, then you must think that he's been receiving good coaching since 2009, and in that time he has been outright bad. Based on his play thus far in 2011, it's clear that he has not progressed very much from last season.

Everyone knows all about his interceptions, but in 35 career game, he's fumbled 25 times. By some random stroke of luck he only lost one of them last year, but that luck appears to have run out.

Last edited:
I am concerned that we now face a desperate Jets team who will do everything possible to avoid losing 3 straight and fall deeper into the division.

I am worried about Brady being used as a target as well.

If I am correct,the Jets were the last team to beat Brady at Gillette in the regular season.

True, but that was way back in 2006.

I think awful is a very strong and erroneous word to describe the Jets defense. We'll show you next week.

Even if the Jets play good defense next week they still are going to give up points. Pats have so many weapons. They also better play a lot better on offense than they did on Sunday. It would be tough to do much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back