PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SNF: JEST @ Ratbirds

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it pains me the Jets D looked better last night, playing well at times, confusing Flacco (who was woeful though). They lost Thomas to injury which won't help them, but they did seem to generate more pressure than I had seen in the previous weeks.

I think next week will be tight with our injury woes and a lot will depend on who is fit for us. That said, if we can do what we did in the regular season meeting last year and protect TFB then we should win and pile more pressure on Fat Rex. My ticker won't deal well with a close one :eek:

I am concerned that we now face a desperate Jets team who will do everything possible to avoid losing 3 straight and fall deeper into the division.

I am worried about Brady being used as a target as well.

If I am correct,the Jets were the last team to beat Brady at Gillette in the regular season.

LOL! Yes, the Jets did beat the Pats in Gillette in 2006. If I remember correctly Chad Pennington had a big game. If the Pats don't contain Pennington this time, they are in trouble. Seriously, we are talking about a game 5 seasons ago. Totally irrelevant to the discussion today.

I am not that worried about the Jets. They are an average team with a lot of weaknesses.

Yea....my man had a bad game today. He was spooked. Even when there wasn't pressure he saw/felt pressure. He stared receivers down and threw passes that went awry. But to me...coming from a Jet fan...I think the Jets knew they were up against it tonight. Not saying they conceded a loss before the game started. But they knew the offensive line would not have much of a shot. He was getting pressure and getting hit on 3 step drops.

As much as I despise Sanchez, any QB including the greats would have a bad game when facing that pass rush with so little protection. But Sanchez took looking bad to new depths last night. He was freaked and tossing the ball at receivers' feet. Thankfully for him, flaccid Flacco failed to show good quarterbacking in contrast.

What a good weekend of football..The bufflao frauds lose in the same way they won last week, the fins lose, and the jets lose. Top that off with a pats win from a balanced run/pass attack...the only thing I need now is for someone to punch Aaron Rodgers in the face when he does that stupid championship belt thing.

Trust me...Sanchez is playing like a rookie out there. Making horrible choices...Bad Oline or not..he is playing like complete garbage..they are not going far this year

He has played like a rookie since his rookie season. :cool:

LOL! Yes, the Jets did beat the Pats in Gillette in 2006. If I remember correctly Chad Pennington had a big game. If the Pats don't contain Pennington this time, they are in trouble. Seriously, we are talking about a game 5 seasons ago. Totally irrelevant to the discussion today.

I am not that worried about the Jets. They are an average team with a lot of weaknesses.

I remember it was a sloppy rainy mess and there was sliding all over the place

I think Sanchez will be happy to see a team with no pass rush compared to the team he played last night

I hate the Jets as much as you do,but if you think the Jets will look as beaten and frazzled as they were up against a stout defense last night...you are going to be disappointed next week.

The Jets will come fired up on all cylinders and will do their best to get a win at a hostile place....this is going to be a game the Pats will have to play tough and hard on BOTH sides.

I think Sanchez will be happy to see a team with no pass rush compared to the team he played last night

I hate the Jets as much as you do,but if you think the Jets will look as beaten and frazzled as they were up against a stout defense last night...you are going to be disappointed next week.

The Jets will come fired up on all cylinders and will do their best to get a win at a hostile place....this is going to be a game the Pats will have to play tough and hard on BOTH sides.

The Jets offense has been horrible for most of the season. Even with Sanchez having a career passing yards game last week, he sucked for most of the game. I am not as worried about them. You take away Keller and Holmes and Sanchez has nothing. Plax is good at times and Mason other than one play last night has been mostly invisible. LT had a good receiving game last week, but that hasn't been a huge problem for the Pats defending the receiving RB.

Other than the Jacksonville game where McCown was gift wrapping picks for the Jets, which games have the Jets played while firing on all cylinders?

The 2011 Jets do not have 6 or 8 cylinders to fire on.

And I disagree about your limp Pats pass rush expectations but will save for a later in the week thread.

Of course the 2011 Pats will have to play tough and hard. No hardnosed OL play and Brady gets abused by the firedrill rush and the running attack withers. Enough has been said about the Pats D already. Special Teams could be a big factor as there the Jets DO fire on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Other than the Jacksonville game where McCown was gift wrapping picks for the Jets, which games have the Jets played while firing on all cylinders?

It's a divisional game and we all know how much Ryan detests Bill

You can all laugh and point at this game as a cakewalk,but I for one am a little worried about a team in our division on a losing streak coming here desperate for a win.

It's a divisional game and we all know how much Ryan detests Bill

You can all laugh and point at this game as a cakewalk,but I for one am a little worried about a team in our division on a losing streak coming here desperate for a win.

1.) I'm not laughing. This Patriots defense is entirely capable of giving up league records in yards and/or scoring.

2.) The Jets offense sucks right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye