PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Smith-Schuster's Future - Is he N'Keal Harry?

Interesting development, Belichick apparently wasn’t the one who wanted Smith-Schuster

"Is he N'Keal Harry" in the thread posting? By the guy that runs the site. Looking to create friends? That is brutal. Wow - talk about stabbing a guy in the back. Especially to N'Keal who tried hard and did nothing wrong? I know N'Keal was a real disappointment, but is that any reason to kick him, spit on him, and stab him in the back when he is trying to make a living in the league? ;)

It’s never Bill’s fault.
Even if this report is true and Bill had to be convinced it’s still his fault. These are his guys giving him bad advice.

In 2021, at the very latest mid season, the moment he needed a rookie QB to tell him where to line up mere months after he demanded to be traded.

If this doesn’t infuriate you, I don’t know what else to say. That and all the screenshots I grabbed or him being late off the snap. I was someone who frequently defended him, but he lost me after that.

Well first that happens regularly. But in any event he was relegated not only to wr4 at that point and got a total of 19 targets in the next 11 games, 11 of which were because other platers were injured and the vast majority of his 24% of snaps was run blocking
Are you saying that in order to truck people into thinking he didn’t make a bad pick, he put the 3rd year player at the end of the bench and used him for blocking (which he did pretty well) and he was hurting the team because he wanted to lie and hope people beloved him before he cut the guy next offseason?
At the least you are picking nits

N'Keal is a poor comparison, IMO.

You say we should have cut ties early...but he was hurt most of the time...and had the misfortune of not being able to win Brady's trust in his rookie year...

Say N'Keal was given that TD vs. the Chiefs...and the Pats have a BYE at the end of the 2019 season.....would his career trajectory have been VERY different? Yeah, I know...his career in Chicago hasn't shown **** yet...but I am just saying that a lot of football players' careers are dependent on opportunities......

As for JuJu....we all saw him turn a guaranteed L to almost a Dub in that Harmon-Int-Touchback game following a non-TD by Jesse James the Steeler back up TE..... His production...or lack thereof is obviously not tied to his injury/surgery...the man has only been targeted a grand total of 25 times in 5 games.....or 5 per game.....or less than 1 per drive....

Hard to measure performance based on 5 targets per game.....other than 14 receptions...maybe....

Either JJS kept his medical clean or the Pats medical team failed. Either way, Pats got boned on this one.

To think I was in favor of this guy over Jakoby is ludicrous. Forgive me while I get my head examined.

If it's really his knee, that should be easy to spot on video. Acceleration, top speed, quick cuts, all of that can be (and is) measured. It's literally quantifiable, no guessing needed.

Just a matter of comparing those measurements to when he was productive. Then we'd know if he looks bad because something is wrong with him, or because his team situation is so bad it'd make anyone look washed up.

Last edited:
Even if this report is true and Bill had to be convinced it’s still his fault. These are his guys giving him bad advice.

Even casual fans could discern that Myers was a proven commodity and a much safer option.

Terrible move to let him go when he could have been signed for relatively short money.

What are the people who think BB is a bad GM going to do with themselves now?
Hey...hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Wish BB went with his gut: last year wasn't a good year for FA WRs. I mean J Meyers was pretty much the Top which most of us here considered crazy. The FA WR class in 24 is will be much better at the Top.

Interesting development, Belichick apparently wasn’t the one who wanted Smith-Schuster

Too funny.

Six weeks into the season and six weeks of JJSS averaging 14 yds/game and suddenly this nugget of deflection magically escapes the confines Bill's fortress of organizational secrets on the weekend when NE plays against the player NE happily let walkout the door.
Just pure coincidence this report is allowed to be leaked 48 hours after Bill gives his self-serving version of Meyers' free agency, a version that just happens to not coincide with the version Meyers' gave in an interview 24 hours ago.

Bill is in survival mode right now and such leaks are no doubt intended to provide cover to the man who just so happens has final say on every aspect of the football operation, from coaches to personnel....to the type of toilet paper used in the facility.

But apparently....not JJSU ?
Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

It is just a matter of time before more
Angry Max Greenfield GIF by CBS
revelations come too light from the most secretive place on earth.

N'Keal Harry.....
star trek bonnie GIF by Alpha

First rounder for the Chattanooga guard......
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Mac.......
Billy Gardell Mistake GIF by CBS

Bill O'Brien.....
Robert Kraft Drinking GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Patricia & Judge.....
big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark
....but.....
Im Right Told You So GIF by CBC

Regarding this 2023 implosion.....
giphy.gif

I don't know why BB thinks he can still get half of his skill positions from the scrap heap.
He used to get away with that, but there was always some legit top-level talent to make it work... and Brady.
Lately we haven't had those 2 or 3 stalwarts on offense, it's just made up of all the old tired vets or young unproven guys... and no Brady.
But BB keeps signing J. Smith, Agholor, Parker, Robinson, JSS, Zeke (yes, some of those guys could be good, but not on their own)

Difference is Nkeal harry was a young drafted player. So you stick with him to see what he has. Even if it didn't pan out there was a sliver of chance he could develop

Juju is a player who even last year was past his prime that he was in Pittsburg.

Now he's just a shell of himself and looks cooked with that knee injury.

I don't understand how the front office can make that read on ju ju in comparison to Meyers...

JuJu has always been a complimentary player... Does better when someone else takes the heat... How could they miss that? Especially in light of all the tier 2 & 3 talent in our wr room...

Meyers, despite not having the yac stats that shine, moved the chains... His first down conversion rate was phenomenal...

For the life of me I will never understand them not re-signing Jakobi...

Well first that happens regularly. But in any event he was relegated not only to wr4 at that point and got a total of 19 targets in the next 11 games, 11 of which were because other platers were injured and the vast majority of his 24% of snaps was run blocking
Are you saying that in order to truck people into thinking he didn’t make a bad pick, he put the 3rd year player at the end of the bench and used him for blocking (which he did pretty well) and he was hurting the team because he wanted to lie and hope people beloved him before he cut the guy next offseason?
At the least you are picking nits
I don't ever recall, in the 20+ years I've been doing this, watching a quarterback yelling at a receiver during a game in real-time for lining up wrong, not going in motion, and then being forced to throw the ball away.

Again, I don't fault Belichick for the pick. I saw Harry's college film, the idea certainly seemed good in theory based on how he played. He was a big strong guy who went up and fought for contested passes and looked pretty athletic. But by the time we were at that point, they were two years in, the guy hadn't played well, and then went so far as to try and blame his circumstances and demanded a trade. Yet, at that point in the season, he needed a rookie QB to tell him where to line up, and still didn't know the play. That should have been the moment he was - if nothing else - benched.

That's not a nit - that was pretty egregious. And I can't ever think of another time we've witnessed that. I think there might have been a moment with Ochocinco, but I can't think of another.

This also didn't help his cause:

Again, he swept out both Dalton Keene and Devin Asiasi after realizing he made a mistake. So it's not like he hasn't shown the ability to realize an error and quickly move on from draft picks who didn't work out. But as I mentioned, Harry, who I was supportive of for a long time, lost me at that moment, and the fact they didn't even sit him down was also surprising. Blocking ability or not. Seeing the other film in the link above in terms of how bad he was off the snap, also didn't help.

I don't ever recall, in the 20+ years I've been doing this, watching a quarterback yelling at a receiver during a game in real-time for lining up wrong, not going in motion, and then being forced to throw the ball away.

Again, I don't fault Belichick for the pick. I saw Harry's college film, the idea certainly seemed good in theory based on how he played. He was a big strong guy who went up and fought for contested passes and looked pretty athletic. But by the time we were at that point, they were two years in, the guy hadn't played well, and then went so far as to try and blame his circumstances and demanded a trade. Yet, at that point in the season, he needed a rookie QB to tell him where to line up, and still didn't know the play. That should have been the moment he was - if nothing else - benched.

That's not a nit - that was pretty egregious. And I can't ever think of another time we've witnessed that. I think there might have been a moment with Ochocinco, but I can't think of another.

Again, he swept out both Dalton Keene and Devin Asiasi after realizing he made a mistake. So it's not like he hasn't shown the ability to realize an error and quickly move on from draft picks who didn't work out. But as I mentioned, Harry, who I was supportive of for a long time, lost me at that moment, and the fact they didn't even sit him down was also surprising. Blocking ability or not. Seeing the other film in the link above in terms of how bad he was off the snap, also didn't help.
so your beef is he should have cut him that day over confusion on one play and the fact that all he did was limit him to bring a blocker, last man on the bench and barely ever see the ball then cut him the next year was done because he wanted to convince people he wasn’t wrong? Come on.

The upside on harry was bigger compared to Keane and asiasi

his turd status was confirmed by a simple one line comment by Tom Curran "he's a water cooler guy" ... Didn't work hard didn't practice hard didn't play hard, and as you pointed out didn't know his assignments/playbook...

The difference between juju and Neal, as asked in the op, is while JuJu is performing waaaaayyyy below expectations, I think he is at least trying... Maybe there is some credence to the bum knee theory that was floated out there

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back