PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Six weeks to go, who's your AFC six teams?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Besides the Pats, KC & Pitt, which 3 AFC teams will make the playoffs?

• Miami Dolphins

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Los Angeles Chargers

Votes: 53 98.1%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Houston Texans

Votes: 48 88.9%
  • Tennessee Titans

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

• other (Bills, Jets, Browns or Raiders)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd guess Chiefs, Steelers, Pats are division winners.
Chargers get one WC spot.
AFC South comes down to Texans/Titans to determine final division winner/WC spot.

Don’t think ratbirds make it. Already lost to bungles, and they play again this weekend with jump ball joe injured. Might be starting Jackson. I think bungles sneak in as 6 seed.

I'd guess Chiefs, Steelers, Pats are division winners.
Chargers get one WC spot.
AFC South comes down to Texans/Titans to determine final division winner/WC spot.

Miami beat the Titans earlier this year. I could see both of those teams going 9-7 with Miami getting the 6th seed.

Not getting a playoff bye isn't ideal but playing Miami in January at Foxborough would be a small speedbump on the playoff road.

Kansas City - 14-2
Pittsburgh - 11-4-1
New England - 11-5
Houston - 11-5
Los Angeles - 12-4
Tennessee - 9-7

1. Pittsburgh (feel like puking)
2. Kansas City
3. New England
4. San Diego (but they’ll always, always disappoint)
5. Houston
6. Baltimore

The Chargers can't be #4 because they're not the AFCW champ.

I've always been a big fan of Phillip Rivers and this year the Chargers are off to a much better start. Usually they start off poorly and end up chasing teams at the end.

I've always been a big fan of Phillip Rivers and this year the Chargers are off to a much better start. Usually they start off poorly and end up chasing teams at the end.

I’m ranking by strength not seeding.

At 7-2 the Chargers are a near lock to make the playoffs. I wonder if they will be one-and-done in the post-season though.

I understand that you can only play who is on your schedule, but that 7-2 record may be a bit inflated. Four of those wins are against the Bills, Browns, Niners and Raiders - teams with a combined record of 9-29-1, who will be in top ten of the 2019 draft. They beat the Titans by 1 when Tennessee failed to convert on two 2-point conversions in London, a game that could have easily gone the other way - especially had it been played in Nashville. The win at Seattle is impressive, but came down to two 4th quarter plays: a 42-yard pick-six, and a just-barely tipped pass for a would-be Seattle touchdown.

The Chargers finish the season with these games:
at Steelers
vs Bengals
at Chiefs (on short week, Thursday night)
vs Ravens
at Broncos

I saw a good number of sports books that had them listed as the AFCW favorite all offseason long. I thought they were being a bit generous, but they appear to be the real deal. I think they snuck up on a good number of people, but the framework seemed to be there.

I saw a good number of sports books that had them listed as the AFCW favorite all offseason long. I thought they were being a bit generous, but they appear to be the real deal. I think they snuck up on a good number of people, but the framework seemed to be there.

They basically just needed to stay healthy. They've had some very good drafts and they're somewhat loaded on both sides of the ball. If their good luck with health continues, they'll be a pain in the ass in the postseason.

So absurd to think that if the Pats hadn't flatlined against Patricia and Vrabel's mediocre teams, they'd be in the driver's seat for the #1 seed at 9-1.

Arrrggghhhhh!

I hope chargers can find a way to beat the Steelers. Chiefs are getting the #1 spot, for Pats to get the #2 spot, the Steelers need to falter a little bit so that December game doesn't matter as much. We need some separation from them.

1. KC 14-2
2. NE 12-4
3. Pit 11-4-1
4. Hou 11-5
5. LAC 11-5
6. Ten 10-6

1. Kansas City 15-1
2. Texans 12-4
3. Steelers 11-4-1
4. Patriots 11-5
5. Chargers 11-5
6. Tennessee 9-7

I hope this scenario doesn't happen and the Patriots can get the second seed. However, the Texans have a soft schedule, the Steelers will probably drop only two games (one possibly being to us), and we're not playing at a high level and have been trending down for the last few games. If we course correct, that will be fantastic, but I'm prepared to see us slide to the #4 if we don't get the offense humming again.

The 6th spot in the AFC is becoming one big cluster right now.

Titans, Colts, Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins all 5-5.

The 6th spot in the AFC is becoming one big cluster right now.

Titans, Colts, Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins all 5-5.

And the Mariota and Flacco injuries, along with Tannehill's still being in recovery mode, make the next couple of weeks more difficult to handicap.

1. Pats 13-3
2. Chiefs 13-3
3. Steelers 11-4-1
4. Texans 11-5
5. Chargers 11-5
6. either Colts or Bengals wgaf

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back