PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Site Supporters - Thread Post Preview (UPDATED 3/1/23)

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just added something on the mod side to be able to scan posts in a thread faster and I've opened it up to supporting members since there have only been some limited perks on upgraded accounts.

If you look at the thread list on the main page, hit the little binoculars symbol next to the link. It will open up a slideout-sidebar where you can view every post in the thread, and you can sort them by oldest -> newest, etc.

1673559409478.png

This is a feature I had mentioned to @Hyped that I was putting together, so for those of you who have access, try it out and obviously report any feedback. One quick side note, it loads a handful of posts at a time and then loads the next group, so just wait a half-second for those to load when you scroll to the bottom. Basically like the Twitter feed - for the few of you who use that :)

It's still a bit limited due to the BB code that I'm still working on parsing, so you'll see tweaks continue being done (user tags, some other odds, and ends). But after a couple of days of testing, I'm opening it up to you guys.

Let me know if you run into anything, and again, thank you so much to those who have chipped in - and have continued to chip in - and help out. Given the current state of things, it definitely helps keep the lights on and the bill paid each month :cool:

I like it a lot. It makes it a little easier to see if it is a thread you want to pursue. Thanks again Ian for all your hard work. Take care.

I like it a lot. It makes it a little easier to see if it is a thread you want to pursue. Thanks again Ian for all your hard work. Take care.
Appreciate it. Still tweaking it. Working on making the blocks a little cleaner, fixing the embeds, etc. This will evolve a bit, and I'll clean it up a little more. But as you said, makes it a little easier to scan through threads, and you can view as many posts as you want. So hopefully, it will become little more useful as I get it all working the way it needs to. I'll post updates in here as I continue crossing off some things.

This is a great feature! A suggestion though, an option to load the last page first with the scroll bar at the bottom.

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
This is a great feature! A suggestion though, an option to load the last page first with the scroll bar at the bottom.
It has a "Sort" button at the top, which, if you hit it, should load the most recent posts first at the top, and then you can scroll backward from there. :)

Another banger feature from @Ian. Hope everyone likes it!

1673570998990.gif

Attachments (most images) appear to be working. Again, I'll keep tying up loose ends, but just wanted to post a quick update as seeing the image instead of that tag is a nice change ;)

You need to go into politics...we NEED people who get things done and strive to IMPROVE our lives. Thanx for the button and thanx for telling me...I never would have clicked on it...old dog/new tricks syndrome

Do I need binoculars to see these binoculars?

Do I need binoculars to see these binoculars?
Should be there now. I did something last night that apparently made them disappear on mobile. Just fixed it, so they should be appearing again.

I bet this was a lot of work. Thanks @Ian

• ThankU!
Noticed this was conflicting with the Twitter feed on mobile this morning. That's been corrected.

You need to go into politics...we NEED people who get things done and strive to IMPROVE our lives. Thanx for the button and thanx for telling me...I never would have clicked on it...old dog/new tricks syndrome

It's not as though we old dogs can't learn a new trick. It's more a matter of our suspicion of them, think of how many tricks we've mastered only to see them fall by the wayside. The damn clock on the VCR comes to mind. :evil:

Not to mention, it's very painful for the folks around us to watch whenever we are working on mastering something new.
And that's why I'm perfectly willing to try out new features here where no one but my wife can see me. Not only is she accustomed to that combo look of befuddlement and frustration on my face, I think it quietly amuses her.

At your age? Probably.
At mine it will require a microscope
LOL, no, he was right. I had done something where they weren't there. Although @venecol was the only one who mentioned it, which is good. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

LOL, no, he was right. I had done something where they weren't there. Although @venecol was the only one who mentioned it, which is good. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

I gathered that from your response. I just couldn't resist. I don't have the slightest doubt @venecol or @Joker would do the same for me
;)

• Ha Ha
Let me know if you run into anything

The scroll bar is limited, and it doesn't go any further than the already existing screen, so you have to scroll your main screen in order to look at more than 1-2 posts. I don't know whether you consider that a plus or a minus, but I thought I'd point it out.

The scroll bar is limited, and it doesn't go any further than the already existing screen, so you have to scroll your main screen in order to look at more than 1-2 posts. I don't know whether you consider that a plus or a minus, but I thought I'd point it out.
Interesting hadn’t run into that yet. Which thread and what browser?

Interesting hadn’t run into that yet. Which thread and what browser?
It was actually this thread, with FireFox. But I think I described it poorly when I said 1-2 posts. It depends on how big the posts are, and it was more fluid when I just tried it on another thread. The limitation is still there, but it's now only after the fuction's scroll bar gets down to the bottom of the browser's range.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back