PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SIP Robert Flowers Jr. (Father of Trey Flowers) and funny story about Trey's rings.

celticboy04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Greetings,
Mods if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move this thread. Over the weekend I attended the funeral of Robert Flowers Jr. (father of Trey Flowers). I have known his father since I was eight years old. The Flowers are really good people and I ate at their house many times growing up and his father was one of the biggest proponents of youth sports in Huntsville. They were really generous way before Trey made it to the NFL. I was able to hold it together during the funeral, but when Trey got up there to speak I simply broke. Trey, which is to be expected, had a rough time up there and seeing him break down also broke me down.

After a short while, Trey shared a hilarious story about the last time he took his father to the doctor. After the doctors were going over the medications his father needed to take his father replied, "Did you know my son played in three Super Bowl's and won two Super Bowl rings?" Classic Robert Flowers Jr. I am glad he shared that story because it really lightened the mood. I am sure if anyone on this board has ever met his father that they never would forget him. He will be missed!!
Celticboy04

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm very sorry for your loss.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back