PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nearly OT: Excellent Article on Robert Kraft (and Liverpool FC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 5.43.56 PM.png

This is a piece written for Liverpool fans about Boston and its sports teams. It's very well written and gives a strong image of the rivalry between the Krafts and FSG. The author has obviously spoken to a lot of people and it rings true to me (but I'm not that interested in baseball).

People like Kraft on a more visceral level. He’s warm; he’s present. They want to hang out with him. When I told one Patriots fan I was writing this piece they responded, “Oh, I love Mr. Kraft.” Mr. Kraft. Not Bob. Another: “What’s the general vibe of the article? hopefully bleeping on John Henry?” Weird, right?

Henry and his co-owners broke the curse. They helped bring four World Series titles. And it barely even registers on the affection scale. There’s respect, of sorts, but no love. FSG is that group that owns the Sawks. Mr. Kraft is one of our own.

That impression gnaws at the FSG guys, Henry particularly. At least that’s the impression at One Patriot Place, home to all things Patriots. Talk to those in Kraft’s orbit and he’ll tell you that’s why the Boston Globe’s coverage of his personal life and the Patriots is poor. They’re jealous, the theory goes. Talk to those on the other side of the equation, or those working in the middle, and they’ll tell you that’s why Kraft flaunts his influence. And it’s also why he’s so happy to speak about Liverpool in public. Egos, man.

And Kraft has an almighty ego. To paraphrase that Oakland A’s scout in “Moneyball”, he’s the kind of guy who walks into a room and his bleep has already been there two minutes. More accurately, Kraft is the kind of guy who sends someone ahead to remind you that he should, at all times, be referred to as Mr. Kraft. Upon entering the room he will extend a hand and ask you to, please, call him Bob. (That’s a true story)

Thanks for sharing that article.

The difference between Bob Kraft and John Henry is startling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft