PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SIP Robert Flowers Jr. (Father of Trey Flowers) and funny story about Trey's rings.

celticboy04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Greetings,
Mods if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move this thread. Over the weekend I attended the funeral of Robert Flowers Jr. (father of Trey Flowers). I have known his father since I was eight years old. The Flowers are really good people and I ate at their house many times growing up and his father was one of the biggest proponents of youth sports in Huntsville. They were really generous way before Trey made it to the NFL. I was able to hold it together during the funeral, but when Trey got up there to speak I simply broke. Trey, which is to be expected, had a rough time up there and seeing him break down also broke me down.

After a short while, Trey shared a hilarious story about the last time he took his father to the doctor. After the doctors were going over the medications his father needed to take his father replied, "Did you know my son played in three Super Bowl's and won two Super Bowl rings?" Classic Robert Flowers Jr. I am glad he shared that story because it really lightened the mood. I am sure if anyone on this board has ever met his father that they never would forget him. He will be missed!!
Celticboy04

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back