PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sick of the "cheaters" tag....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
My kids proudly wore their Brady and Pats jerseys in school today (live in NJ...belly of the beast) and they got the typical cheating nonsense from fellow students and even from teachers. Quite sickening. My daughter actually came to me to ask me on how to respond to her math teacher who was taunting her on deflate and spygate. She in fact was able to counter him with "science" on deflategate and he conceded but then went onto say "what about spygate...pats are cheaters". Really sad that the NFL has done this unfair deed on an entire fan base.....hope we win on Sunday and will just need to put the hand up to show five fingers.....need this win to shut these ignorant pile of.....!!!

Embrace it with a smile, that's what I'd tell your kids. Also have them say when someone says "you're team cheats", reply with, "you hate us cause you ain't us." I proudly wore my Brady jersey to world today, and another coworker wore his Gronk jersey. We work in NJ.

Spygate was "tucked away" by the end of the 2007 season and all the talk was about 18-0. Then on the eve of the SB, it was TOMASE and the BOSTON HERALD that started the inaccurate rhetoric about "taping the Rams walkthrough" that still gets repeated today.

Blame for Spygate and cascade of other fake news:
1. BB
2. Mangini
3. Boston Herald/Tomase
4. media that continues to repeat inaccuracies

Blame for Deflategate
1. Grigson/Colts
2. NFL offices/Commissioner
3. Mortenson/ESPN for spreading false news
4. Kraft for being a spineless wimp and not using his money and influence to mount a response
5. Brady for not being more emphatic in his denial at his 50-question presser
6. Our legal system for not stepping in to fix this atrocity

This about sums it up. Thank you!

Spygate was "tucked away" by the end of the 2007 season and all the talk was about 18-0. Then on the eve of the SB, it was TOMASE and the BOSTON HERALD that started the inaccurate rhetoric about "taping the Rams walkthrough" that still gets repeated today.

Blame for Spygate and cascade of other fake news:
1. BB
2. Mangini
3. Boston Herald/Tomase
4. media that continues to repeat inaccuracies

Blame for Deflategate
1. Grigson/Colts
4. Kraft for being a spineless wimp and not using his money and influence to mount a response

Kraft for being a spineless wimp
I do not agree with BB or Tom deserving any blame at all. Are they supposed to be clairvoyant?

In retrospect, Kraft's behavior and acquiescence to the league since '93 reveals that we could see these things coming from a mile away...I've pointed out facts endlessly here, all demonstrating that Patriots hatred and bias have thrived in the NFL and local and national media since the early 80's...

Blame for Deflategate
1. Grigson/Colts

At the point when that question was asked the team was under the impression that the balls were 2.5 psi under regulation, which is a level of deflation that could not be explained by natural phenomena. Tom was falsely led to believe that something indeed had occurred and he probably was wondering if the ball prep they did or his emphasis on making sure the balls are 12.5 might have contributed to something happening.

Last edited:
Regarding your kids it depends how old they are and if they can grasp the concepts. If anyone says anything to me, I just tell them I'm happy to talk about it but I know the facts and if they can't match that knowledge it will be a difficult conversation for them. No one takes me up on it.

My kids proudly wore their Brady and Pats jerseys in school today (live in NJ...belly of the beast) and they got the typical cheating nonsense from fellow students and even from teachers. Quite sickening. My daughter actually came to me to ask me on how to respond to her math teacher who was taunting her on deflate and spygate. She in fact was able to counter him with "science" on deflategate and he conceded but then went onto say "what about spygate...pats are cheaters". Really sad that the NFL has done this unfair deed on an entire fan base.....hope we win on Sunday and will just need to put the hand up to show five fingers.....need this win to shut these ignorant pile of.....!!!
Don't know which part of Jersey you live in, the knuckle dragging mouth breathers of the northern part of the state (Jet/Giant country) or the semi-literate inbreds of the southern part of the state (Eagles fans) but in this area over the bridge from South Jersey, they are willing to acknowledge the Pats success. When one of them gives me grief, I ask where they keep the Lombardi trophies at the Link (EDIT-where Eagles play)? Shuts em up really fast...
Before SB39, my older son wore a Brady jersey to school (6th grade- his choice and being well aware of potential abuse)) amid a sea of McNabb jerseys. It happened to be a presentation day so parents were invited. One teacher saw his jersey and wondered aloud what kind of parent would let their child wear a Patriots jersey in a Philly suburb. She obviously didn't know that that parent was within earshot... and I told her that "it was the kind of parent that doesnt force their child to blindly follow in lockstep and allows them to think for themselves". She found out real quick who the parent was.....
My younger son wore a Rams jersey the same day just to p*ss off the teachers who wanted 100% Eagles......Those are my boys.........................

Last edited:

Sue the school for bullying. Friggan losers.

Both can be blamed on the spineless dope of a commissioner. He mishandled spygate and there's no way that any team in the league should he allow that to happen. He should have handled it internally and given an appropriate penalty. Deflategate really showed the commissioner has no balls. Power or integrity. What happened to the Pats should not have been allowed.
You can thank the empty suit, spineless weasel for all this. I hope they blow Atlanta out to shove it up everyone's ass.

If Goodell was right:

1. Why did he need to lie about what Brady said during the appeal?
2. Why weren't the reported deflated Steeler's balls checked?
3. Why didn't he release the year long collection of air pressure results?
4. Why did a judge reject Goodell's version of truth during the Ray Rice case? (Basically called him a liar)

Tell your kid to tell his teacher that his Dad said, " If your teacher thinks Goodell is someone credible he can shove his scientifically illiterate malarkey up his pie hole."

Last edited:
It's not going away, buddy. Embrace it. We are the Yankees of football.

We're way better than the Yankmees. We can't simply outspend everyone for players.

If what you say is accurate about her being taunted, I would be down to that school in a NY minute, which since the Buttfumble game is now about 55 seconds.

0158920001426778260_filepicker.jpg

Embrace it. This kind of talk won't go away until the Pats become irrelevant.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I think the ideal scenario would be for the Pats to win the SB and Brady to get the MVP, and when Goodell hands him the trophy, tell Goodell that he is announcing his retirement and intends to devote his time to pursuing a lawsuit against the NFL* for defamation of character.

I think the retirement would be needed to keep Goodell from going after the Pats for retribution.

The ideal scenario then follows that Brady sues for one billion dollars, but works out a deal with NFL* that he will settle for 250 million, the Pats get all of their stolen draft picks back, the NFL* apologizes to BB, TFB, the Pats' organization, and the Pats' fans.

Goodell must then disclose the entire internal workings of the framing, and name names, ban the guilty parties from ever working in the NFL* again, punish the teams involved in the framing, such as docking them the same draft picks that were stolen from the Pats, and finally, Goodell resigns as Omissioner.

Brady then un-retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore