PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI: Prof. John Leonard: "100% Convinced Deflategate Failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always nice to read something like this from a guy who is literally the smartest guy in the room, but I still think hyper-analyzing the math and physics is pointless in light of the fact that:

A) The starting PSI's were literally taken from the ref's memory, and each assigned a value of 12.5, which is a piss poor way to run a scientific analysis (not to mention the fact that I would bet even money that he is full of crap when he says he measured every ball)

B) The accuracy of the gauges use to measure the ending PSI's were ridiculously inaccurate and horribly calibrated.

I would challenge Exponent to submit the research to a major peer reviewed physics journal.

What are you, some kind of sadist? Didn't you read how upset those Exponent guys were when people questioned their work? Their feelings were hurt. Very, very hurt. Now you want them to go through an actual peer review? That's just cruel, man.

I just started watching Mr Robot.. the Physiologist asks what disappoints about society.. the guy replies.. people we look up to like Steve Jobs making Billions out of slave children, all our heroes are counterfeit, it then runs of action shots of Lance Armstrong, Bill Cosby and yes you guessed it Tom Brady.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!
Why should you be shocked. This is a show about a computer hacker fighting against big mega corps who is completely DELUSIONAL, including long story lines with a long dead father. So how is it surprising they take shots at Tom Brady.

What are you, some kind of sadist? Didn't you read how upset those Exponent guys were when people questioned their work? Their feelings were hurt. Very, very hurt. Now you want them to go through an actual peer review? That's just cruel, man.

ArXiv would be cruel. IOP jopD would be a walk in the park :p

I am over all this, it is done, history, no information will change anything at this point. The entire topic is pretty much irrelevant anymore and I prefer not to re-live it. My final comment about anything deflategate related. :)

Always nice to read something like this from a guy who is literally the smartest guy in the room, but I still think hyper-analyzing the math and physics is pointless in light of the fact that:

A) The starting PSI's were literally taken from the ref's memory, and each assigned a value of 12.5, which is a piss poor way to run a scientific analysis (not to mention the fact that I would bet even money that he is full of crap when he says he measured every ball)

B) The accuracy of the gauges use to measure the ending PSI's were ridiculously inaccurate and horribly calibrated.

That very well may be, but there is absolutely no excuse for running one set of calculations for one gauge by using 67 as room temperature, and then using 71 as temp for the other gauge.

Leonard is being polite when he calls this an oversight. It seems deliberate to me.

That's nice and all. But where was this guy (and SI) a year or two ago?

He was the one that taught the course on Deflategate and put it up on youtube a year ago.

That's nice and all. But where was this guy (and SI) a year or two ago?
The errors in their report were profound and widely publicized. The NFL and their shills at Exponent didn't care.

Why should you be shocked. This is a show about a computer hacker fighting against big mega corps who is completely DELUSIONAL, including long story lines with a long dead father. So how is it surprising they take shots at Tom Brady.

That's the Big Entertainment, Hollyweird Left for you in a nutshell.

That's the Big Entertainment, Hollyweird Left for you in a nutshell.
Don't be ridiculous. Once again you try to label everything in terms of right and left. Brady was put in that show because one of its creators is a big Jets fan. So stupid

Don't be ridiculous. Once again you try to label everything in terms of right and left. Brady was put in that show because one of its creators is a big Jets fan. So stupid

in a nutshell - summed up briefly; "gave the facts in a nutshell"; "just tell me the story in a nutshell"; "explained the situation in a nutshell"

in a nutshell

Nothing wrong with Captain Stone's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back