PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we sign Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Welcome back Busta! BYU's Zach Wilson looks like the best-case choice for the 1st round...Maybe the UGA kid with one of our 3rds + a small trade-up if Bill doesn't take Wilson (or Trey Lance or Nick Saban's Mac Jones) in the 1st...Keep your eye on the Draft forum for updates as the weeks/months continue...
Nice hearing from you Captain my Captain.
I will look for the draft forum thread. It all looks so different
We will be back. Talk soon

Hard No.

Let's solve the QB situation. Not just put a band aid on.

He would be a great backup/bridge. That said you guys will lose it at his price tag

I still would like to know why we didn’t bother to sign Rosen off Tampa’s PS.
Watch Rosen thrive in San Fran.
Rosen is not an upgrade over Cam Newton. That’s saying something.

He is an upgrade over Stidham but that’s like saying a piece of crap is less stinkier than a pile of it.

Yes, then he may be the 1st player to play for ever team in a division.

Yes, then he may be the 1st player to play for ever team in a division.
JT O’Sullivan was at least on the roster for every team in the NFC North but I don’t think he actually got playing time for all of them. Here are all the teams where he’s at least been on the roster or practice squad.

Frankfurt Galaxy
Saints
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Pats (practice squad for a month)
Panthers
Lions
49ers
Bengals
Chargers
Raiders
Saskatchewan Roughriders

That dude has been around. Maybe Fitz will give him a run in that category.

The Patriots have to use their 1st round pick on a quarterback. If possible trade up to do it.
I agree.
The team is really a mess with so many positions lacking in talent.
Belichick has done such a poor job drafting that they're practically starting from scratch.
This is from Bill's own doing. He's had a bad habit over the years creating holes when he could've avoided it/hoarding players at a position that isn't needed. The biggest needs aside from the obvious QB position are at WR, TE, DT, DE, LB. That will be hard to address all of them, but Bill at worst just needs to find a QB to build on. I unfortunately see him doing his usual BS trade downs, then throw darts at a bunch of lesser players and see who sticks.

I know he’s 38 and he’s either feast or famine, but he can throw the ball and I think you could get him for a year or two as the “bridge” option.

Plus I so badly want him to sign with the Patriots so he completes the tour of the AFC East. When was the last time a player played for every team in a division? Especially a QB!

Sure - just make sure someone grabs his facemask before every pass.

Garoppolo can’t stay healthy.

in San Fran he can not stay healthy. In our strength and conditioning program maybe he stays healthy.
If San Fran let’s him go this offseason, and there is way too much smoke for there not to be something to this, then we have to be first in line to sign him!

newton and hoyer are headed out of town already and stidham appears to be nothing more than a placeholder.

we draft ridder in the third round and develop him to take over for jimmy in two years! This kid has size, arm strength, accuracy and mobility. He needs a lot of help in reading defenses and decision making and bb’s staff is really good at that!

in San Fran he can not stay healthy. In our strength and conditioning program maybe he stays healthy.
If San Fran let’s him go this offseason, and there is way too much smoke for there not to be something to this, then we have to be first in line to sign him!

newton and hoyer are headed out of town already and stidham appears to be nothing more than a placeholder.

we draft ridder in the third round and develop him to take over for jimmy in two years! This kid has size, arm strength, accuracy and mobility. He needs a lot of help in reading defenses and decision making and bb’s staff is really good at that!
He got injured the second game he played in NE vs MIA...(2016)

I know he’s 38 and he’s either feast or famine, but he can throw the ball and I think you could get him for a year or two as the “bridge” option.

Plus I so badly want him to sign with the Patriots so he completes the tour of the AFC East. When was the last time a player played for every team in a division? Especially a QB!
Yes! He is the PERFECT bridge. He should come fairly cheap, can make every throw and he's mentored a young QB now. If the Pats go the young QB route, he would be a nice piece.

Should we sign Ryan Fitzpatrick?​

No!

Matt Stafford

Detroit desperately needs draft picks and prayers.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back