PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should we sign Ryan Fitzpatrick?

hear me out.. if jax drafts who we all think they're going to draft, could Gardner Minshew be available?

hear me out.. if jax drafts who we all think they're going to draft, could Gardner Minshew be available?
No. He sucks. This team should not be in the business of project QB's who likely won't do anything. It's a waste of time and it's leading nowhere.

Hard to believe the guy has played 16 seasons and banked $72,000,000....

Smart guy.
4rtlf4.gif

What if the top 4 qbs are off the board by the time we are on the clock and we were unable to move up? You still think we’re pigeonholed into reaching for the next tier of qbs? You said in your post we are devoid of talent at multiple positions. If there’s a better player at a position of need who’s falling down the board due to a qb run shouldn’t we take that player instead?

Yes. That's exactly what they should do.

Well, they're losing to Buffalo. Gase will be fired post-haste if the Jets even sniff another victory so they will be in full tank mode week 17.

The Patriots will finish 7-9 which will not have them in ideal draft position but yes that 1st round pick has to be a quarterback. Belichick will have to be aggressive in trading up if necessary.

No. I disagree. You grab the best player available.

Yes. That's exactly what they should do.
I just see after TLaw fields Wilson and Lance there could be a drop off to guys like Mac Jones and trask. Would prefer the latter 2 on day 2 but if we wanna try to package our 2nd rounder to move back into r1 to secure one I’d be cool with that.

Some good talent could be available for us in the teens. Maybe 1 of Waddle Smith and Pitts to help the offense; some front 7 help wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

If the price is right and all parties involved agree that RP is purely a stopgap quarterback, then I'm in.

No. I disagree. You grab the best player available.
The problem with that is I don't trust Belichick's judgment in identify "the best player available." Based on his recent failures.

Look, you can forget being competitive in the NFL, AFC or division without a franchise quarterback. AFC alone: Mahomes, Watson, Herbert (looks legit), Allen (also of course a division foe). Trevor Lawrence is coming to the AFC. The Jets may (should) draft Zack Wilson or Justin Fields. The Patriots will be drafting around 15th and they should take the best quarterback left on the board. If there's a quarterback they really like that will be gone by 15th then Belichick will need to be creative in trading up (as opposed to the usual trading down or even out of the 1st round). Investing in any of the potential FA veteran quarterbacks isn't likely to make the team competitive given the quarterback landscape otherwise. Yes, the Patriots are a mess at several other positions but they won't be competing for anything meaningful until they have their next franchise quarterback.

Well, they're losing to Buffalo. Gase will be fired post-haste if the Jets even sniff another victory so they will be in full tank mode week 17.

The Patriots will finish 7-9 which will not have them in ideal draft position but yes that 1st round pick has to be a quarterback. Belichick will have to be aggressive in trading up if necessary.
The jets will pick in the same spot whether they win or lose next week. They are locked into 2.

what for? the team will go nowhere with Fitzpatrick.......he's the last guy they need in a rebuild

The jets will pick in the same spot whether they win or lose next week. They are locked into 2.
Right, I posted that before the NY Morons won their game. I don't understand how they beat the Rams in week 15. Yesterday Cleveland was a hot mess due to COVID contact tracing protocols.

Right, I posted that before the NY Morons won their game. I don't understand how they beat the Rams in week 15. Yesterday Cleveland was a hot mess due to COVID contact tracing protocols.
Jets beat the Rams after the Pats got their asses handed to them by that team. lol

I don't want to draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB but if we are going for a bridge guy as a starter with no young guy waiting in the wings I am hoping for a level or two above Fitz. If I had to a realistic wish for a bridge guy it would be Stafford.

I think that one of the reasons that BB has stuck to Cam, even though he's been atrocious, is that BB has vowed to avoid what he had in Cleveland, the problems that come with having a revolving door of QB's.

Hopefully we'll have something better next season.
I'm married into a Cleveland family and remember the Belichick hate when he benched and then cut Kosar.

I'm married into a Cleveland family and remember the Belichick hate when he benched and then cut Kosar.

IMO, not so much a matter of public opinion, but the risk of dividing the locker room if you flip-flop between two QB's, especially when neither of them have a clear edge over the other.

And you're also hitting reset on offense every time you put someone new back there. Each QB is going to have his binky, particular plays he excels at, and tendencies that WR's are going to have to constantly adjust for.

No. He sucks. This team should not be in the business of project QB's who likely won't do anything. It's a waste of time and it's leading nowhere.

So tank next season then? go 0-16 draft qb at #1 and take a 50/50 chance that way?

Or are you thinking drop 25 million on a nick foles type?

Any QB the pats bring in is going to be a project qb

The jags have **** at WR and RB, and here are minshews stats:

Last year 3k yards 21 td 6 int his rookie year
This year in 9 games: 2200 yards 16td 5int

We could do a LOT worse then minshew(stidd, newton, hoyer)
Minshew is on a rookie contract, hes a low draft pick. He'd be a cheap young arm, that's got actual playtime experience.

Minshew is going to be the new Fitzpatrick. He will bounce around the league for years making just enough plays to trick a few teams into thinking he is a starter.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back