PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should the Pats have drafted DK Metcalf instead of N'Keal Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wrote this after Chubb was chosen at 34, and show us your prior post, these posts are totally legit. If not, you are trying to look smart when you already have the answers to the test questions.

Sony was clearly the better back in 2017 at Georgia. Chubb has clearly been the better pro so far. I’m still waiting to see the Sony who flashed early in the preseason. In my opinion, the struggles of both the running game and the passing game can be traced mainly to inconsistent OL play.

Im not trying to do anything.

I have formed my opinion on these 2 Georgia RBs after both have a body of work in the NFL.

If you wrote this after Chubb was chosen at 34, and show us your prior post, these posts are totally legit. If not, you are trying to look smart when you already have the answers to the test questions.

Sony was clearly the better back in 2017 at Georgia. Chubb has clearly been the better pro so far. I’m still waiting to see the Sony who flashed early in the preseason. In my opinion, the struggles of both the running game and the passing game can be traced mainly to inconsistent OL play.

As for the original post, it is WAY to early to make a statement like this. Metcalf has made an impact but let’s give Harry a chance to show what he can do. He was far and away a better player than Metcalf in college and I am confident that you will be the better pro as This question will be valid after the completion of the 2020 season.

At that point, I wouldn’t be surprised if we would choose both Harry AND Myers over Metcalf, given the style of offense that the Patriots run. Great value for the Seahawks, however.

As for the original post, it is WAY to early to make a statement like this. Metcalf has made an impact but let’s give Harry a chance to show what he can do. He was far and away a better player than Metcalf in college and I am confident that you will be the better pro as This question will be valid after the completion of the 2020 season.

At that point, I wouldn’t be surprised if we would choose both Harry AND Myers over Metcalf, given the style of offense that the Patriots run. Great value for the Seahawks, however.

I'm not an NFL scout and I don't watch much college football. I'm not trying to appear smart. I don't think it's unreasonable as a fan to say that I'm disappointed that the team missed on that draft pick. Since Michel and Chubb were college teammates and were drafted #31 and #35 respectively, they're always going to be linked to each other and Chubb has already emerged as the better running back.

I'm not an NFL scout and I don't watch much college football. I'm not trying to appear smart. I don't think it's unreasonable as a fan to say that I'm disappointed that the team missed on that draft pick. Since Michel and Chubb were college teammates and were drafted #31 and #35 respectively, they're always going to be linked to each other and Chubb has already emerged as the better running back.

How many rings does Chubb have?

I win.

I'm happy for Metcalf he was a fun story from last year's draft but we were never drafting him he doesn't fit the mold of a Patriots WR. If we drafted him it would probably have been more of a TE project and there were better uses of our pick than a project. The fact that he is off to hot start and proving doubters wrong doesn't mean he'd be doing the same here.

Chubb picked up where he left off in 2018. Hes on pace for 1500 yards, but Kareem Hunt is ready to come off suspension and will surely dig into his carries.

Sony does not look like the same player. I cant blame the OL for all his struggles. At times Sony looks tentative hitting the line and goes down at the first hint of contact.

I don't know, but if we're all in the mood to reflect upon mistakes, I can say that two ex-wives is one too many.

can we at least wait 2-3 years before making such stupid threads?

N’Keal Harry will be the all time leader in catches, yards, touchdowns, playoff wins, super bowl rings, games played, Ṗŕö bowl selections etc. so, no, we should not have drafted anyone else

Chubby can score from anywhere on the field. His longest run is 80 yards.

Their bios say that Sony and Chubby are both 5' - 11". I must need a new TV because Sony looks small.
you need a new Sony TV

Metcalf is built for Seattle, since Wilson throws the strangest and best deep ball in the league for his kind of athleticism. Wilson puts a ton of air under the ball and lets the receiver run under it - an athlete like Metcalf fits that.

Would he fit in New England? I doubt it. He's not known for route running or for great hands.

As for Harry...who knows?

Michel and Chubb are running in different schemes and behind different lines. How many safeties crowd the box when OBJ and Landry are out wide?

I remember the tape of a game where Michel got the ball 9 times and was hit as he got it 7 of those times. Chubb does no better than he does on those plays.

I am not sure how eight games has made people hate Sony so much. The man balled out during the playoffs last year. Has a good attitude, works hard - and gets derided here like he is some JAG.

Chub is a fumble waiting to happen

He’s only fumbled 3 times in his NFL career including Sunday’s game. That game was soaking wet. One fumble was Jones catching him from behind and placing his punch just right. The other fumble was caused by his teammate accidentally kicking it out of his hands. I don’t think saying that he’s a fumble waiting to happen is fair or accurate.

Should have drafted stud Chubb instead of little Sony.

Why?

Comparing Super Bowl performances?

Michel - 1 (SB 53) 18 Carries 94 yds 1 TD 0 Fumbles
Chubb - 0 (Browns Super Bowl v. Patriots) 2 Fumbles which effectively lost the game

Bengals_Seahawks_Football.JPG_phshkdh.jpg

vs

AP19221031949546.jpg

I know the Patriots draft history for receivers has been shoddy. Harry was supposed to reverse that trend. Instead he has had a poor start by hurting himself in preseason and going directly to IR.

Meanwhile DK Metcalf has caught 23 passes for 402 yards and 4 TDs through 8 games in his rookie season. Notable that the Patriots traded the 2nd rounder that turned into Metcalf to the Seahawks.
Pats received #77 DE Chase Winovich and #118 G Hjalte Froholdt (IR).

Winovich looks like a keeper but Froholdt went to IR and Harry to IR as well. Could the Pats have had a better alternative choice in the 1st round or traded down from #32, and still taken Metcalf and Winovich?

Metcalf had one of the most dominant combine performances and his NFL performance for a rookie certainly looks desirable compared to what we have been putting out onto the field.
What good does a discussion like this provide?

how the heck would we know until we see Harry play?

First question is most important

I am not sure how eight games has made people hate Sony so much. The man balled out during the playoffs last year. Has a good attitude, works hard - and gets derided here like he is some JAG.

Everyone fanbase has those people. We are not an exception unfortunately.

Should have drafted stud Chubb instead of little Sony.

This is a more legitimate question than Metcalf vs Harry at this point...

Chubby rushed for 6 yars a carry vs the #1 NFL defense.

Sorry, the glare from the 2 fumbles that were the 14 point swing in a 14 point loss in their "Super Bowl" got caught in my eye.

Sony is fine, but who says Chubb can't do all those things and more?

Chubby can score from anywhere on the field. His longest run is 80 yards.

Their bios say that Sony and Chubby are both 5' - 11". I must need a new TV because Sony looks small.

The Browns also had the "better" receivers who could score from anywhere on the field on Sunday.

Who won the game again?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference