PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shocks, Surprises and Disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was fine with the roster except for Croston over Karras. I expect us to add a center tomorrow. It is not like Belichick not to have a backup center. I know that we have an emergency center or two; that's not the same. Then, I'll be fine with Croston.

As of yesterday, I expected 3 UDFA's. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the trades.

JB to Indy was indeed a shocker. But, NE will be more than fine.

The trades threw a monkey wrench into roster projections and expectations.

Mildly surprised that the Pats kept Hollister over O'Shaughnessy at TE.

The additions of Bademosi, Marsh and Flowers made his special team contributions an irrelevant asset.

More surprised that not a single one of the bubble WR/RB (Carr, Lucien, Foster, Bolden) made the roster, though that was based on another trade (for Dorsett). Bolden was in the same boat as O'Shaughnessy, possessing a skill set (ST) that was no longer needed after the other trades. Moore was another guy I thought would make the roster before the trades (Bademosi).

Most surprised by a decision not affected by trades, with both Waddle and Croston making the roster, while Karras did not.

Shock: Conor McDermott being drafted into the NFL. He's the worst rookie I have ever seen in practice and game action. He's not a project, he's beyond repair. Got abused every day in practice and then in the preseason.

Surprise: Croston making the 53. Karaas being cut. Didn't foresee either of those moves

Disappointment: Lucien not making the 53. The writing was on the wall when we traded for Dorsett. I still think Lucien has a future in the NFL

Shock: Jacoby Brisket for Phil Dorsett. I'm no Brisket fan, but Dorsett is trash,
as we'll all learn soon enough.

Surprise: Ted Karras waived. Again, I'm no Mongo Jr Jr fan, but we now have
the Worst - by far - backup OLmen in football.

Disappointments: every…single…move…made by this clown car of a front office
during this weekend.

Shock: Jacoby Brisket for Phil Dorsett. I'm no Brisket fan, but Dorsett is trash,

during this weekend.

Lol, get a clue

BB could cut Brady and Gronk and go with Tebow and Aaron Dobson and at this point I wouldn't question him.

Too many times I said "WTF IS HE DOING" and had to eat words.

BB is the GOAT. He knows what he's doing. In Bill We Trust. Seriously

I'm shocked and disappointed, but not surprised, that there are posters here that want certain players to fail because certain other players didn't make the roster.

during this weekend.

Your opinion would mean a whole lot more if you liked a SINGLE roster decision that Bill Belichick has made in his time here.

I'm shocked and disappointed, but not surprised, that there are posters here that want certain players to fail because certain other players didn't make the roster.

Yup. And they say Brady has binkys!

Shock: Conor McDermott being drafted into the NFL. He's the worst rookie I have ever seen in practice and game action. He's not a project, he's beyond repair. Got abused every day in practice and then in the preseason.

Interestingly most beat reporters (Reiss, Perry, Giardi) disagree with this assessment and were talking him about a sneaky, potential 53 candidate in the last week. They said he looked at times like the third best tackle out there. When did you watch him ?

during this weekend.
Time will tell if these deadline trades were desperate moves by a team that planned poorly this offseason....or simply opportunities that presented themselves under a new cut down system.
That being said, the lack of premium draft assets on this roster is worrisome long term and depth is an issue because of it.

Have learned during this great run that nothing BB would do surprises me.... remember that fateful day in September of 2000 when #12 overtook Drew and we never looked back. Since then there have been more than a few WTF is he thinking days.

during this weekend.

I'm impressed with the trades, after initial skepticism. Check out Dorsett from last year with a terrible offense. Brady has never had this kind of top end speed and receiving corps. Hogan, Cooks and Dorsett can all run past their defenders to open up things underneath for the backs, the three TEs who are all pass catchers, and DA.

I was massively surprised and upset that Karras has gone. Who is now back up centre?

Not one to question Bill though, who usually gets things right.

during this weekend.

I mean this with total respect as I come here for divergent opinions, but is this a parody account? I am not sure as I joined after....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes