PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shocks, Surprises and Disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that I'm even saying this, but it's difficult for me to imagine the team without Bolden. He's a well respected, seasoned veteran leader who seems to be one of Belichick's faves. I'd be surprised if he weren't brought back soon.

I just don't see room for him without an injury at RB/FB.

He's saying that although Richards is a ST contributor, he was mainly kept to back up the SS position, and I fully agree with him.

It would've been great to have seen one of the UDFAs take over his spot, but it appears as though they weren't ready yet. Luckily, I believe that we may have retained two on the PS.

I agree, Chung fills that hybrid role SS/LB and Richards is his back up. It would be good to upgrade but so far no one has beaten him out.

Two thoughts here:

• Don't forget that they're also training Scar's replacement, Cole Popovich, who played for Fresno State (where the Pats found Logan Mankins).
  • If you think OL coaches are bemoaning OL play, wait a couple of years. You'll hear the weeping and mourning of the QB coaches even louder.

Two thoughts here:

1) Brady will still be the QB in two years

2) They will still have the best player in football so their QB coaches will be happy as can be.

It amazes me that so many knowledgeable Patriot fans haven't realized yet that the end of the roster is constructed primarily to fill special teams roles. I gave up trying to predict it when I realized it's not about unit depth charts, it's all about putting together the best units on special teams on both sides of the ball. Belichick discussed this in a radio interview when Ebner was out, saying that he filled roles on five special teams units and that replacing that would take multiple players. None of us have the knowledge if the various roles and players who fill them to ever get the end if the roster straight so it's always going to leave people scratching their heads, or in the case of the crybaby biatches leave them tearing their hair out and screaming about how badly Belichick sucks at his job.

Two thoughts here:

1) Brady will still be the QB in two years

2) They will still have the best player in football so their QB coaches will be happy as can be.

I was talking leaguewide.

I just don't see room for him without an injury at RB/FB.

It is not clear even then.

Bolden was primarily a special teamer. Belichick added lots of special teamers, pushing out Bolden, O'Shaughnessy and Freeny. Also, Burkhead is a solid special teamer.

If a RB were to go down, we have Foster, if we want to fill the position, which wouldn't be at all clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe