PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman Signs with 49ER'S (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I wanted Sherman to be Pat as bad as anybody, but he’s got a family to feed. He’s already got a ring & he did what was best for him and his family. Respect.

3 years for 39 million is a horrible deal.

It probably has some phony money in it, but that price is just too much for a second CB. We have Gilmore, let's hope Rowe or someone else steps up as our CB2 and Johnathan Jones doesn't turn into Jonathan Wilhite or Darius Butler.

John Lynch is playing with Monopoly type $$$ ...

No way we would pay that much and best of luck to Sherman in San Francisco.

It probably has some phony money in it, but that price is just too much for a second CB. We have Gilmore, let's hope Rowe or someone else steps up as our CB2 and Johnathan Jones doesn't turn into Jonathan Wilhite or Darius Butler.
This might make signing a CB in free agency even harder (at least a marquee one) since that could seriously inflate the market.

No Sherman, Talib, or Peters. Great it'll be wonderful watching Rowe, Jones, and Jones blow coverages. And one is coming off an ACL tear.

If he's healthy it's not.
It still isn't. You already know that at age 30 coming off an ACL tear, he will be 70-80% of the player he was before. You don't pay nearly as much money for that.

Hey, I wanted Sherman to be Pat as bad as anybody, but he’s got a family to feed. He’s already got a ring & he did what was best for him and his family. Respect.
There is that, and the fact that we never even reached out to him....did we? If we made an offer and lost out, I’d be a bit irritated, but if we didn’t even reach out to him, then BB&Co. either have something up their sleeves or are okay with what we’ve got.

$5 million bonus ...

Let’s see the guaranteed money. A lot of that could be irrelevant.
Didn’t someone post some twitter link where some agents said they expect him to be offered around $7M? They must be some ****ty agents if that’s what they would’ve gotten him as their client.

No Sherman, Talib, or Peters. Great it'll be wonderful watching Rowe, Jones, and Jones blow coverages. And one is coming off an ACL tear.
On to the 2018 NFL Draft. I'm sure the "boys" in the draft forum have some good ideas.

It still isn't. You already know that at age 30 coming off an ACL tear, he will be 70-80% of the player he was before. You don't pay nearly as much money for that.
We know that or are you just guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST