PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shane Vereen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some truth to this, but...

A) Vereen is more talented than Bolden.

B) Bolden has never had a performance even close to what Vereen did against Buffalo.

A) Talk about Talent all you want, he's averaged less than 10 yards a game midway through his third season. He hasn't dressed for over half his games midway through his third season. He has as many rushing yards midway through his third season as the immortal JR Redmond had his rookie season alone. At what point does all this talent pay off and why does he get a free pass from all the "made of glass" crowd?

B) What 159 total yards? What about Bolden's 148 total yard game. But Bolden's was one big run and a lot of luck while Vereen's was earned through skill, talent and just plain being a better player, I guess.

I want Vereen to succeed but he's been massively overhyped by fans since he got here. He's been described a better player and more talented than every RB on the team since he's been here as if that alone means anything. He can be a very good weapon if used correctly but will never be an every down back, something that Ridley and, in all likelihood, Bolden can be.

A) Talk about Talent all you want, he's averaged less than 10 yards a game midway through his third season. He hasn't dressed for over half his games midway through his third season. He has as many rushing yards midway through his third season as the immortal JR Redmond had his rookie season alone. At what point does all this talent pay off and why does he get a free pass from all the "made of glass" crowd?

B) What 159 total yards? What about Bolden's 148 total yard game. But Bolden's was one big run and a lot of luck while Vereen's was earned through skill, talent and just plain being a better player, I guess.

I want Vereen to succeed but he's been massively overhyped by fans since he got here. He's been described a better player and more talented than every RB on the team since he's been here as if that alone means anything. He can be a very good weapon if used correctly but will never be an every down back, something that Ridley and, in all likelihood, Bolden can be.

I can't tell if you are being serious. Is this satire? :confused:

He can be a very good weapon if used correctly but will never be an every down back

The Pats don't utilize an "every down back" and there's no reason Vereen couldn't be such if the Pats chose to utilize him that way.

Man I want this guy back....

The Pats don't utilize an "every down back" and there's no reason Vereen couldn't be such if the Pats chose to utilize him that way.

A back like Ridley was last year, 290 carries but came out on 3rd down (so I guess every down back was a poor choice of words) and no, Vereen couldn't handle that many carries.

shane vereen dose have talent but he's not a star IMO 3rd down back ( receiving backs ) put up numbers in this system because 3rd backs have always been Brady's go to guy if Danny Woodhead was still on the roster he would have 400 total yards right now and he's doing noting with San Diego

shane vereen dose have talent but he's not a star IMO 3rd down back ( receiving backs ) put up numbers in this system because 3rd backs have always been Brady's go to guy if Danny Woodhead was still on the roster he would have 400 total yards right now and he's doing noting with San Diego
I wouldn't describe Woodhead's performance with SD as doing nothing. He leads the team with 17 receptions and is averaging more than 4 yards per carry. I wish he were still here.

I wouldn't describe Woodhead's performance with SD as doing nothing. He leads the team with 17 receptions and is averaging more than 4 yards per carry. I wish he were still here.

it would have been nice to have him over say Washington and or Blount, what did he get from san diego that the pats did not keep him ?

it would have been nice to have him over say Washington and or Blount, what did he get from san diego that the pats did not keep him ?
Just looked it up: 2 years, 3.5 million, 1 million guaranteed. Relative chicken feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back