PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour HOF finalist again

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

He gets in this time.

1640910251191.png

No Wilfork yet.

If someone like Leroy Butler is on this list I don’t think Rodney is ever getting in.

Always amazes me why voters don’t seem to vote for Patriots players part of a 6 championship 2 decade dynasty and run of excellence.

Last edited:
If I had to pick:

Mills
Seymour
Boselli
Wayne
Young

How any of those guys became a finalist over Vince is mind blowing.

This group looks good for Seymour, alot of meh guys who never sniffed a Superbowl, let alone won three of them.

I predict:

Seymour
Wayne
Boselli

and that's it.

I like Vince and know he was close to Kraft. But he's not in the first several Patriot names who need to go in first.
A half dozen other Pats with rings from the past 20 years should go in first, starting with Seymour, Harrison, Vinatieri, then Gronk, Brady, McCourty

Above I didn't see anyone mention Torry Holt. I think he'll make it. Great Show on Turf, he put up a ton of production as well.

After Seymour hopefully makes it, next up we have to get Rodney Harrison in.

The only 2 players in NFL history with 30 sacks and 30 interceptions are Rodney and RLKAG. Below Scott Pioli outlines how Harrison had a better career than John Lynch who is already in the hof.

Last edited:
I am down for Seymour and Boselli. I think you could talk me into Mills and Hester.

I think there's going to be a run on WRs, a result of the rules favoring the passing game. I'd like to see wideouts held to a higher standard. Just because a guy put up numbers doesn't mean he's an all-time great. It's not the hall of very good, or the hall of I Had A Long Career With A Legend As My QB. Just my opinion. I haven't done analysis on Holt and Wayne, but I don't put them in a category with Moss, Megatron, or Rice and first glance. Johnson is pretty comparable to Michael Irvin IMO, minus the post season.

They need to stop letting in the skill position players based upon volume stats alone. That said I might let Andre Johnson in for this alone.

If I had to pick:

Mills
Seymour
Boselli
Wayne
Young
From a football-standpoint your list is spot-on.

Mills was incredible. The NO LBs of Swilling, Mills, Johnson and Jackson was the best I'd ever seen. He kept them all in line

Bryant was so freaking quick. Very much like a John Randle 2.0 type.

Boselli was dominant. Only allowed like 15 sacks his entire career. Helped having a left handed QB though.

Johnson, Holt and Wayne all have the same numbers more or less. Wayne and Holt have SBs. Whatever.

I've spoken enough about Sey. Complete BS it's taken this long.

Ware will get in because he has stats and played for the Boys and won a SB w DEN. Politics.

Last edited:
After Seymour hopefully makes it, next up we have to get Rodney Harrison in.

The only 2 players in NFL history with 30 sacks and 30 interceptions are Rodney and RLKAG. Below Scott Pioli outlines how Harrison had a better careeer than John Lynch who is already in the hof.

If Big Sey doesn't get in this year it's a crime.

And your spot on with Rodney getting snubbed it's ludicrous. Recently a bunch of Safeties have got in and other Than Reed he's as good if not better than all of them and Palamalu shouldn't even be in. Lynch, Dawkins, Atwater, too name a few I'll admit I'm biased but I take Rodney over them all. And Leroy Butler get out here with that crap Rodney's way better. I'd say Dawkins and Atwater are right there with Rodney. I think Lynch is close but not as good and I repeat Palamalu doesn't belong in the hall.

I kind of thought Rodney, Sey, Brady and maybe Vinatieri were supposed to be our locks from the OG dynasty. I always hoped after they got in maybe Willie could get some love but unfortunately the Hall hates Patriots and we'll be lucky to get our should be locks all in at all.

And your spot on with Rodney getting snubbed it's ludicrous. Recently a bunch of Safeties have got in and other Than Reed he's as good if not better than all of them and Palamalu shouldn't even be in. Lynch, Dawkins, Atwater, too name a few I'll admit I'm biased but I take Rodney over them all. And Leroy Butler get out here with that crap Rodney's way better. I'd say Dawkins and Atwater are right there with Rodney. I think Lynch is close but not as good and I repeat Palamalu doesn't belong in the hall.

I kind of thought Rodney, Sey, Brady and maybe Vinatieri were supposed to be our locks from the OG dynasty. I always hoped after they got in maybe Willie could get some love but unfortunately the Hall hates Patriots and we'll be lucky to get our should be locks all in at all.

My energy would be focused on Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Vinatieri from the first dynasty. The second dynasty I may be a biased homer on this but I'd fight for McCourty, Patrick Chung, Hightower, Gronk.

And Brady obviously when he retires in 10 years.

My energy would be focused on Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Vinatieri from the first dynasty. The second dynasty I may be a biased homer on this but I'd fight for McCourty, Patrick Chung, Hightower, Gronk.

Of course TY too

I liked Boselli as a player. Great 8 years. Gale Sayers whose career was cut short Terel Davis also got in with not hall of fame worthy numbers career wise but both had incredible short careers. I think Tony has waited long enough, he wasn’t first ballot imo but he waited his time and should be in now. Same goes for Sterling Sharpe who dominated his position with the Packers. All would be sure fire first ballot had it not been for injuries. Gale Sayers was a first ballot but not so sure he would be today. His return yards at the time were off the charts but he only ran for 4400 yards for his career. I’ve seen a lot of Barry Sanders but none of Gale Sayers games. Any old timers who actually watched him play have any comparisons?

I hate the Steelers as much as the other guy, but let's be real, Polamalu belongs.

Rodney belongs too, I think his years in obscurity in San Diego seriously hurt his case. Voters remember two dominant years of Rodney, followed by a run of injury-compromised seasons in which he was clearly a lesser player. Who was watching him from '97 - '02? Was San Diego even watching?

Seymour and Boselli are the two most deserving candidates of the current list of finalists. They both did what they did better than anyone else in the game for a solid 5 year run. Ware is #3, he has a DPOY under his belt and was a high profile member of a championship defense, 9th all time in sacks, tied for 15th in forced fumbles. Off the WRs, It's time for pass rushers to get their respect in the hall.

Patrick Chung is not even close to a Hall of Famer.

I hate the Steelers as much as the other guy, but let's be real, Polamalu belongs.

Rodney belongs too, I think his years in obscurity in San Diego seriously hurt his case. Voters remember two dominant years of Rodney, followed by a run of injury-compromised seasons in which he was clearly a lesser player. Who was watching him from '97 - '02? Was San Diego even watching?

Seymour and Boselli are the two most deserving candidates of the current list of finalists. They both did what they did better than anyone else in the game for a solid 5 year run. Ware is #3, he has a DPOY under his belt and was a high profile member of a championship defense, 9th all time in sacks, tied for 15th in forced fumbles. Off the WRs, It's time for pass rushers to get their respect in the hall.
I just looked at Polamalus stats and maybe I was a little hard on him. I can't shake the fact that Brady owned his ass and could make him bite on the wrong thing regularly. But I guess that's an unfair standard too. But in looking at his stats it stands out to me that Rodney has better sack and int numbers both regular season and playoffs and playoffs wasn't close.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back