PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Ozzy Osbourne opened for the Patriots in 2005 (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I guess I somehow missed this pre-game below, but I wanted to note how Doug Flutie turned around to watch Ozzy as he came onto the field. For people who are of a certain age (50-58) the first Ozzy album took over the airwaves in 1979-1980, and it lived on my older brother's 8-Track. Fantastic to see him opening for the Patriots, and for sure I get Flutie not quite having his mind on the game precisely.

Ummm. Why is this news?

I guess I somehow missed this pre-game below, but I wanted to note how Doug Flutie turned around to watch Ozzy as he came onto the field. For people who are of a certain age (50-58) the first Ozzy album took over the airwaves in 1979-1980, and it lived on my older brother's 8-Track. Fantastic to see him opening for the Patriots, and for sure I get Flutie not quite having his mind on the game precisely.

True dat, but before Ozzy struck out on his own, there was Black Sabbath, which still lives on at Chez Gwedd. Gets played religiously here.

I remember. I also remember Randy Moss caught like a 60 yard TD right off the bat against us.

I remember Ozzfest .......

I was there. Even from the cheap seats you could tell he was totally out of it. It sucked.

I was there. Even from the cheap seats you could tell he was totally out of it. It sucked.
Most of the fans were 1/2 in the bag ... not sure they noticed.

No reason to have videos from 2005 in standard def.
My oculonervous system gives that video a “dislike.”

No wonder the Pats didnt make the Super Bowl that season.

I thought Zakk Wylde had died, and there was subsequently some bad press as Ozzy continued on without him..

Guess I was wrong, must've been thinking about someone else..

I thought Zakk Wylde had died, and there was subsequently some bad press as Ozzy continued on without him..

Guess I was wrong, must've been thinking about someone else..
Randy Rhoads?

No wonder the Pats didnt make the Super Bowl that season.

This WAS the start of the 10 year ‘drought ‘ now that you mention it.

I was there too. Man, did Ozzy sound bad that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes