PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

If bill left tomorrow and hired his son after interviewing Flores would that be racist as well

Maybe. Maybe not

Maybe he has texts, emails, etc proving Ross was pushing for this.

The color of his skin and the press on this story gets the NFL PR is does not want.
If that was in writing Flores would be sitting on a big pile of money already.

So you think the NFL is going to go down the path of helping prove they are racist, and have 3 owners lose lawsuits because that’s good PR? Flores is a disgruntled, fired, sour grapes liar is the conclusion that wins the PR side for them. They just need to gave Ted Wells railroad someone else.

Didn’t the Williams sisters have a piece of ownership of the dolphins?

What happened to that?

Their stake is infinitesimal. It's pretty much symbolic. Ross was probably desperate to demonstrate he wasn't racist.

It's like the Tuck rule. You may not have agreed with it, and ultimately it was discarded, but it had to be enforced.
Except for the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl where they not only said we may be using other rules for receptions this game, and then they called two plays using totally different rules and standards, both against the Patriots.

It was overblown when BB got crushed.
It was flat out wrong when Brady got hosed.
It was ridiculous when teams got punished for taking advantage of the uncapped year.
It was overblown when the Saints got crushed.

I'd rather have bad rules rescinded than used as a justification for heavy-handed actions by the league office.
That's why the breaking of stupid rules need to be brought to light as often as possible.

If bill left tomorrow and hired his son after interviewing Flores would that be racist as well
Yes, of course. Maybe not how you think of it, but in your hypothetical a clearly unfair system reproduces a set of horrendous circumstances (one black head coach in the NFL), despite the superior credentials of the person of color.

Maybe I’m missing the greater point, but I can’t help but feel sadness for Flores. By all accounts, he is a stand up guy who took absolute crap and won. Choosing Tua (?) and the GM (?) over Flores seems ridiculous to me.

And, to cap it all off, with this move I fear Flores has no shot at becoming a HC in the league. It’s too bad, as I feel he’d be a success given the right situation.

It was overblown when BB got crushed.
It was flat out wrong when Brady got hosed.
It was ridiculous when teams got punished for taking advantage of the uncapped year.
It was overblown when the Saints got crushed.

I'd rather have bad rules rescinded than used as a justification for heavy-handed actions by the league office.

You are 100% corrrect.

However, I want my pound of flesh from the NFL's darling Mara Giants. :D

The Rooney rule is as much a farce as videotaping from the wrong area was. But I am still bitter about the spygate bullshyt and want blood. I will admit I am in the wrong rooting for this. Can't help it.

I can't see how Ross isn't forced to sell the team if what Flores is alleging here is true. Also a bunch of first rounders taken away.

No different at all than the Black Sox.

Their stake is infinitesimal. It's pretty much symbolic. Ross was probably desperate to demonstrate he wasn't racist.
So every non racist action by a white person is just a ploy because they are desperate to proof they arent racist?

Wow thats huge if true regarding the dolphins owner. Does he have proof of this conversation?

And LMAO at bellicheck texting congrats to the wrong guy, i am crackin up

Yes, of course. Maybe not how you think of it, but in your hypothetical a clearly unfair system reproduces a set of horrendous circumstances (one black head coach in the NFL), despite the superior credentials of the person of color.
And by the way, where I work, someone like Flores could sue (EEOC) and we would have to explain our criteria/assessment process -- but I would likely run away from it and disavow all my colleagues and coworkers, including my boss, if they had a hand in such a mess, LOL.

To be fair though anyone who has ever interviewed for a promotion knows they already picked their person and just are going through the motions.

The Rooney rule and what happened to Flores is just the same. If anything it's the reason he had to waste his time interviewing for jobs that didn't want him.

That being said he does deserve a job in the NFL. But I think this suit put a fork in that

so

So that just means BB cannot read?
All it means for Bill is that he doesn't use MyFace and can't text. Not uncommon at all. I've sent texts totes wrong person before. It doesn't look like Bill did anything wrong.

Stephen Ross, OTOH, looks like he is being accused of intent to defraud, attempted bribery, etc. These are felonies.

If I'm understanding correctly, Flores will need the "prominent quarterback" to back up his story concerning the tampering.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back